Slim a soup ??

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by raquel, 16 October 2011 Social URL.

1. raquel

raquel pink lady

Start Weight:
    0st13.1lb
    Current Weight:
    0st13.1lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    w/w
    why are slim a soups at 40cals 2-3 syns and mug shots 250cals free... am i missing something, i was just going to have a soup..and it was 2syns, thought no im saving them for later.. so had mug shot.. which is free... but lots more cals ???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chocolateworm

chocolateworm Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.41%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Because pasta is a free food and will fill you up and keep you full.. Powdered soups (im guessing thats what they are) don't contain any free foods and are unlikely to fill you up

4. debtin

debtin Gold Member

Diet:
    sw
    i was just thinking the same - had my first mug shot in a while and was qutie horrified at the amount of calories - not sure why this is a free food as it seems naughty

5. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Chocolateworm explained is above - SW isn't about calories so you can't equate the 25 calories in a mugshot to 250 calories of, say, chocolate. The vast majority of the calories in the mugshot come from pasta which is a free food and is known to fill you up for a longer period of time. If you made your own minestone soup and added pasta shapes it would be exactly the same situation. Yes pasta has calories but they are not empty calories as with chocolate. And 250 calories is not out of place for a lunchtime option.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.