Slim and Save Bars

lindylou

Silver Member
Hi

I have been looking at the meal replacement bars on slim and save as I like to replace my breakfast with either a shake or bar as part of my ongoing maintenance plan.

As most of the bars were sold out on their website, I had a look at Avidlite website as they sell the same products. The flavours are exactly the same but Avidlite state that 2 Dietimeal bars = 1 meal

Now I'm not sure who is correct - they seem to be from the same manufacturer as I have the slim and save shephards pie and the Avidlite one and the packets are identical right down to the writing printed on the front of them.

Have asked slim and save but no response as yet.

Maybe this is why the bars are so small?

Last edited:
I looked into the bars a while back and was told that having two bars could knock me out of ketosis! I sometimes use the atkins and biggestb loser bars, these are muchy bigger but i have to be honest the slim and save are nicer in flavour just tiny! I only have the alternate bars when i know im going to gym or need extra calories that will be worked off!

Thanks for that Pinklady.

I have had a reply from slim and save about this now, which states:-

Based on nutritional data for the bars on its own it would be 2 bars 1 meal but we package our plan with the other 3 shakes/meals/soups which counter balance your daily nutrition to give you 100% RDA based on 4 packs per day.

Kind Regards,

Rob

This is also what it says on the Avidlite site:

PLEASE NOTE that to be legally called a "meal replacement" a product must contain added vitamins and minerals, not just those naturally found in the ingredients, and must contain minimum levels of calories. These levels would be too high for anybody following a very low calorie or very low carb diet. The box has to say that 2 bars = 1 meal to get the legal minimum levels. However, we would recommend eating one bar to replace a meal if you are folllowing a vlcd (with doctor's agreement, as with all weight loss dieting).

Back