Slim and Save on My Fitness Pal

My carb allowance is set to 60g too. As I'm within a stone of goal I'm loosely following S&S but have a few more calories at weekends than during the week generally. When I have extra bits and pieces though I'm not 100% sure of the carbs to count. So this am I had an Atkins Daybreak bar and that shows as 11.6g of carbs per serving, but net carbs shows as 3.5 as it has 8.1g of polyols that are netted off. So should I count 11.6g towards the 60g or 3.5g? :confused:

not a clue about net carbs or polywotsits but I would suggest if you compare it to other bars then 3.5 would be unrealistically low and 11.6 much more like it

I agree Phoenix. I think the theory is that the polywotsits (love it! :)) don't affect blood sugar so you can have a mountain of those and still be in ketosis. I've written off today already anyway ;)

Thank you ladies for taking the time to add to the mfp the s&s products as it benifits all of us : ) xxxxx

BG when I did Atkins you didn't count polyoils just the remaining carbs x

Thanks Stormy - someone please find me a food that is rich in polyols, low in calories and I'll be happy, happy :)

MFP Apps

Hmmm, discovered that the disadvantage of the Blackerry MFP app is that you are only able to complete the food and excercise diaries, you are unable to see what friends are doing, update status or add people. I guess the iPhone app may be a bit more sophisticated?

Yep - you can do those tthings from the iPhone app - there are ither things you can only do on the website though

weasey said:
Yep - you can do those tthings from the iPhone app - there are ither things you can only do on the website though

Its a shame we cant see the breakdown of carbs & proteins from the android app as i dont get on the computer very often - but still think the app is great : )

Just changed my user name I am now kelstar16

What a fab idea. If anyone wants to add me i'm smudgeslim x

There's a problem with MFP this morning - can't comment on statuses or add friends. Hopefully it'll be sorted soon...

Back