Slim by summer and for good....

So I'm planning on cheating on Slim & Save! Found a website called keediet and the snacks on the online store sound lovely. They do cereal with red berries to sprinkle on yoghurt, new bars and crisps, lots of desserts along with the usual staples. So I'm going to spend half and half with them and S&S next month to try something new and mix things up a bit.

You're doing brilliantly!!!

2 stone gone. Bye bye!! Yay!!

Xx

Thanks Sammy x

Sounds good let us know if they taste any better than sns :D

Feeling a little bit deflated this morning. So called 'friends' following normal healthy eating plans treating my weight loss as if it's cheating :mad: as if we aren't putting in as much effort as they are because the weight comes off quicker. Also comments about the weight going back on quicker after the diet is over. Makes me laugh because it's over eating that causes you to put on weight, not the diet you follow to lose weight. Arrgghh!!! Diet discouragers, I can do without them.

Don't listen to them! Your weight loss is a fantastic achievement and they are just jealous. Prove them all wrong!

I know it's hard, I usually don't tell people what I'm doing because they are so judgemental and I am v easily influenced by others. I love what you said - it's over eating that causes you to put on weight, not the diet you follow to lose weight. That's so true, I will remember that next time I hear that kind of comment.

Thanks Sammy. It's also backed up by studies, we know when we come off these diets and out of ketosis that we will put on certain amount of water weight but the rest of the weight going back on is down to that individual. No diet makes you regain weight it's utter tosh.

Aww I agree with Sammy D dont listen too them you are completely correct in what you say that it is in fact how you live your life not just food wise but exercise too. These friends do sound jealous but it might be just maybe that they're feeling secretly demotivated at the moment with there own weightloss and to see you losing it what seems so rapidly to them makes them feel disheartened.
Your completely correct in what you say about vlcd there have been countless studies in fact a few recent studies have found a link between this and helping diabetes type 2 not just in weightloss but in symptoms as it promotes a lower carb diet eg less sugar.

The main thing is what you take away from the diet
Has it taught you about what foods you should eat and why?
Has it taught you that you dont need as much food as you thought you did?
Has it motivated you to want to keep the weight off and live a healthier lifestyle?
Has it already started to make you more healthier eg drink less alcohol move more etc

If yes to these questions then its the right diet for you as this is what a diet should do it should teach you restraint and see why you should make healthier choices.

Many people who complain about these diets are previous VLCDers themselves and because they failed put down other people who are trying to succeed remember its what you do for the rest of your life that matters not what you've done in the past month although it is fantastic and you should be extremely proud. Also you are not with them 24/7 so dont believe everything your told by them about how a diet should be whos to say what will be more successful if you and your friends all finish and go back to living unhealthier lifestyles then guess what they get the same results as you but you're now in the right frame of mind as you've previously stated not to go back to that so prove them wrong by maintaining your goal weight for years to come.:scale::girlpower:

Sending good vibes your way:vibes:

So, it's a new day and I've decided, sod them! I won't talk about my diet or weight loss with anyone other than on here. I've felt like this week more than any other that I've lost weight, people are noticing and paying compliments so I'm going to take the positives instead of negatives from now on. Got lots of occasions coming up. In July I turn 36, I've got a night out for that, another birthday party, a wedding, a christening and a weekend in London. Lots to look forward to and things to motivate me. Hoping to be in the 10's by then.

Exactly hun good for you ignore the haters. I know you can do it I'm sure you'll look amazing at all your events :D

hey commented on your loss of lean muscle on sns forum.
I wouldnt worry spoke to my boyfriend before i started this he has a gp recommendation qualification meaning he can train and provide nutritional advice for anything from diabetics epileptics and even very morbidly obese people whose doctors have put them on vlcds.
My cousin is a gp and also said there was nothing to worry about and that its perfectly safe to do but with in reason eg no vlcd if your already a very healthy weight

I've just seen and replied :thumbup:

3.2lbs off this week and three inches off around the body, 2 off the hips :confused: I'll take it though. Gonna try the green Closet dress on later, wish me luck :fingerscrossed:

thats fantastic well done good luck with your dress

Dress didn't fit. Another half a stone I reckon.

So, not updated for a while as I'm just totally in the swing of the diet and I have to say, it's whizzing by! I've got about 2 weeks worth of meals left but I'm getting a bit bored of S&S. I still love the breakfasts shakes and bars but I need a bit of variety so I've ordered from the keediet website. I've had

Savoury Cheese Biscuits, Choco Caramel Clusters, Red Fruit Clusters, Smokey BBQ Soy Nuts, Mexican Chilli Soy Puffs, Peanut & Caramel Crunch Bar, Sticky Caramel Delight Bar, Milk Choco Crunch Bar

I wanted a snack for during the day, the red fruit clusters sound nice I'm going to have them with natural yoghurt. I've ordered a few of their bars to see how they match up. At the moment I'm having just two S&S products a day with 2 low carb meals, this is leaving me with enough cals and carbs left for a snack.

I spoke to S&S online today who confirmed I can carry on with this diet till I'm at goal as long as I do the refeed. It's going to be tough with all the things I've got coming up but i'll just have to try my best.

Those sound scummy especially the caramel bar

Well I thought I was having a good week but by the looks of it I may STS! I could just about take that on a normal diet but on a vlcd it's a bit of a kick in the knackers! Ive has stir frys the last few nights and this new soy sauce I've ordered is incredibly salty so I'm hoping it water retention and I'll have a good week next week.

Whats sts? It could be water retention especially if your finding it really salty I'd up my water to help dilute the salt in the sauce more :) it may help as it could be dehydrating you slightly and when you dehydrated you retain more water.

Sorry diet lingo :D it means stay the same. I feel like I haven't lost weight this week, hopefully I'll have some inch loss.

Back