Slim by summer and for good....

Well done for making it back!
I've been eating off plan but avoiding carbs and having at least one pack to remind myself.
But I find eating proper food reminds me of how I got here and that I don't want to be here! You'll soon feel better being back on it

Thanks I made it worse by going to Hungry Horse today :( was nice though and really enjoyed the family time. I had a kind of refeed in week 13 anyway by the looks of it so I'm going to take tomorrow as a new start. Want to start losing 2-3 lbs again, it felt so good!

OK Monday morning is here again and the first gain for 3 months :cry:

3.6lbs on taking me back to exactly 12st 2lbs but a nice 1.7 inch loss on waist and thighs. Not sure how though as I feel HUGE.

Plan for the week is to get back into keto. So as I said back to basics. Going to stick to

Breakfast - Oatmeal/Porridge
Lunch - Shake
Dinner - Chicken and plain veg
Snack - Coconut bar
Lots of water

Hopefully giving me around 600 cals/40g carb. Got 5 weigh ins before my 36th birthday in July. Want to have lost a stone by then. Going update the old 'goals'! Come on 11's I'm coming for you!

Wow Minimims is back and just in time!!! I'm restarting Slim&Save on 2nd January, just got too many meals planned the Christmas and new year so I'm going to make a fresh start in 2016. Slightly happy to say that I've only gained 6lbs since the last post, currently sitting at 12st 8 but end of last week I was 12st 5 so I think it's a lot of water. Part of me is very excited and part of me is dreading it. I feel like I've learned a lot since last time I did Slim&Save and this time I know how to get into keto easier and more quickly. As most people who start again I'll be mixing products with other companies as some of s&s products are too carb heavy and too damn expensive. So here's to not gaining a stone between now and New Year!

I know what you mean Fitdorafb!
I'm glad Minimins is back.. really happy :)

Im going to re-start in the new year too, im not quite focused what with all those xmas treats you see in the shops and on the adverts. If i start now, I know it wont be too long before i fail so theres just no point at the moment.

I can't believe you only gained six pounds, im not even going to tell you what ive had a gain of, im so embarrassed. o_O

I dont think they are expensive at all, they are the cheapest i have found so far. Who else are you using? I might take a look myself. I know once im on slim and save again i will be right as reign, especially with all the support they have given me in the past.

Hi girlsbig98 :) I think I might be knocking the door of 13 by the time I get back on track :eek:

You are right, Slim and Save are fairly cheap as far as meal replacements go but I've found a sneaky way to make my own shakes. I prefer chocolate so I use Asda's chocolate meal replacement, made up with unsweetened soy milk and 20g of whey protein powder. This gives you 218 cals and 13g of carbs. Soy is £0.65 for a carton, the powder is £3.80 for 12 servings and whey is around £5.00 for 16 servings. Instead of the slim and save bars which are fairly high in carbs I use the Nature Valley protein bars that are 10g of carbs and around £2.80 for 5. I've been doing my research!!! The asda shakes are so much nicer, creamier and far more filling than s&s, over a few chunks of ice they fill a pint glass. I'll still stick to the s&s principles but I need to get into keto quicker so I will take my carbs down to 30-40g a day till I do. Wish I culd get started straight away really!!!

I don't blame you for making your own Hun but be careful as Asda's chocolate meal replacement powder is 25g of carbs PER shake!! 6g for the whey protein and soy would make each shake 31g carbs. (124g a day) X

Hi splodge, it's the milk you use that give the big carb number, that nutritional value is for the powder + cows milk, if you substitute for soy instead of cows milk then it's only 13g of carbs. Soy and whet contain almost no carbs. Asda won't give a break down for the nutrition if you make up with water or a milk substitute, but if you know the values in milk it's easy to work out.

I agree, be careful hun because it might not have all the vits you need. Something I like about following a plan like this is that i know it's all nutritionally sound. (I've had a vit deficiency in the past when I was muchhh younger )

Your quite clever, I couldn't of worked anything out like that myself!

How have you been everyone over the past few days? xoxo

The asda meal replacement is similarly fortified with vitamins as the s&s shakes are as all products that are marketed as meal replacements are required to be. I also take iron, calcium and magnesium supplements. The thing I worry about with this diet is the muscle wastage. I felt quite weak after the last round. Apparently if you do some resistance training then this combats that so I'm going to try that this time round.

Thanks for the support girlsbig! How much do you have to lose? I was 15st 4 and went down to 11st 12 then I'm back up to 12st8, hoping to get down to 10st7.

12st 8.8lbs this morning. 12 days till d day! Trying to enjoy Christmas without the worry of piling in too much before the restart...surely this time of year is meant to be fun

Hi
I'm looking to restart too need / want to lose 5 stone or so. I'm interested in your recipe for shakes sounds good and saving money too, can you tell me where you get your whey powder from please.

Hi slim1day! I get my whey from bulk powders. They are also on ebay. I get 1kg and as it's only 20 per shake that goes a long way. Good luck though, let me know how you get on.

So, 12st 11 this morning It's OK though I'm not going to panic I'll just probably lose more water weight in the first week. as long as I lose a stone in the first month then I'll be happy.

So.........here we are again!!! Decided to start a day early as this morning I tipped the scales at 13st 1 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is the damage......

finished Slim & Save on 5/06/2015
Weight - 11st 12 lbs
Waist - 33.5inches
Hips - 40 inches
Chest - 43 inches
Thigh - 21 inches
Calf - 14 inches
Upper Arm - 11 inches
Forearm - 9.5 inches

This morning 01/01/2016
Weight - 13st 1 lbs
Waist - 37inches
Hips - 43 inches
Chest - 43 inches
Thigh - 23 inches
Calf - 15 inches
Upper Arm - 11.6 inches
Forearm - 9.5 inches

A gain of 17lbs and around 10 inches gained all over :(

My plan is 3 months on the diet, 800 calories a day 40-50g of carbs. 2x shakes or a protein porridge, low carb meal and a bar. Snacks, eggs, veg, mini babybel, sugar free jelly, knock the caffeine on the head till I'm keto (wee sticks at the ready) and up my water to 3 litres a day.
Have got a couple of social engagements but i will just go off plan calories wise and stay low carb and try to maintain.
HERE GOES!

Coming to the end of day one, not been too bad but if memory serves me I know days 2,3,4 are the worst. Doesn't help we're stuck indoors due to bad weather. Been sipping on herbal tea and boullion today, been a bit of a life saver tbh!

I will be jumping on the scales tomorrow morning...I need to see 12 stone something again :rolleyes: I weigh daily any way but the 13 stone was a shocker....fully deserved though as I've ate like a pig the last two weeks.

Morning! Well afternoon now...Yes I did, just! 12st 13.8lbs

Day 2

Not feeling great today, hungry and COLD no headaches though I think the last time round I wasn't getting enough salt and the boullion is taking care of that.

Today's food
Breakfast - Protein Porridge made with soya, not great, have ordered some slim & save oatmeal and porridge.
Lunch - Chocolate shake, yummy as always
Dinner - chicken stir fry with green beans onions chilli's and mixed peppers
Snacks/drinks - boullion minibabybel light sugar free jelly water chamomile and peppermint tea
Cals 852 Carbs 46

Well done for getting below that stone mark. I weigh daily too find it motivates me a bit more if there is a loss.
Day 1 for me today

Day 3

Down 2 lbs overnight o_O:) 12st 11 now, I know it's just water but I love seeing the scales drop!

Food
Breakfast - Protein Porridge, whisked it with 2 canderel and a pinch of salt and it was OK, looking forward to some slim and save oatmeal though.
Mid Morning - 15g of pork scratchings
Lunch - Chocolate shake yummy, I never tire of them
Mid Afternoon - Hard boiled egg
Dinner - Chicken Salad
Snacks - Nature Valley Protein Bar
Drinks - Chamomile Tea , Peppermint Tea, Coke Zero, Water, Boullion.

Cals 802 Carbs 42g

Ordered some atkins bars and some low carb chocolate today from Tesco, will see how they taste. Did a bit of walking sand burned off about 200 cals so I feel a little light headed.

Back