Slim for life

Friday - green

B: 25g porridge with 100ml ff nat yog and frozen berries
Coffee and water

L: pasta with spinach and pesto - 4 syns
More coffee and water

D: SW chips, noodles stir fried with beansprouts and onion with soy sauce, boiled rice and curry sauce made from paste and water. No nutritional on curry pot as authentic Chinese so basing on a chip shop portion being 6 syns

HXA: milk in coffees
Hxb: porridge
Hxb: tbsp olive oil
Syns: 10 - pesto and curry sauce

Thursday - Red day

B: 30g all bran golden crunch
Bottle of water and 3 coffees - that's too many!

L: smoked salmon on wholemeal bread
Can of diet coke

D: will be chicken fajita style but just with salad. Low fat sour cream and chive dip - 5 syns
Water, water, water

HXA: milk
Hxb: all bran golden crunch
Hxb: wholemeal bread
Syns: 5

So...this week need less coffee, more water and lots of fruit.

Sounds like you're doing really well, well done! Your diaries look good.

What dip do you have that's 5 syns? I love sour cream and chive!

Sounds like you're doing really well, well done! Your diaries look good.

What dip do you have that's 5 syns? I love sour cream and chive!

Hi b_44

Thanks for popping in, trying to be good :)

I got tesco reduced fat sour cream and chive and based 5 syns on the 20 cals per syn rule for a quarter of a pot.

Saturday 10th - Green Day

B: fruit salad (strawberries, grapes, apple and orange) with 30g all bran golden crunch dry (HXB)

L: jacket pot with baked beans and cheddar (HXA) small salad and tbsp of coleslaw guessing around 3 syns?
Diet coke
Coffee with dash of skimmed milk

Lots of water!!!

D: making a simple risotto - arborio rice, white onion, 50mls of white wine, 1.5 syn, 28g Parmesan grated (HXB) and chicken stock. With rocket and balsamic vinegar

HXA: Cheddar
HXA: milk in coffee
HXB: all bran golden crunch
HXB: Parmesan cheese
Syns: 4.5

Last edited:
Sunday - EE ish...

Didn't really eat a lot today and what I did eat wasn't great.

Had, small slice of homemade cake with a coffee, 2 pork sausages baked with tomatoes, bacon and herbs, few potatoes, piece of onion bread with peppers. Glass of red wine and another piece of bread- so as you can see not good!

Last edited:
Monday green day for last day of week 2

B: 2 x wholemeal toast (400g loaf) with baked beans
Coffee with semi-skimmed milk

Water and another coffee

L: brown rice and kidney beans in chilli sauce assuming this is still free? Little grated cheddar cheese

D: wholemeal pasta with sauce made from onion, garlic, splash of white wine (1syn) tinned tomatoes, fresh basil leaves with salad and 28g Parmesan cheese

HXA: milk in coffee
HxA: 28g Parmesan
HXB: 2 x wholemeal bread
HXB: grated cheddar - approx 20g
Syns: 1 syn - splash of white wine

Last edited:
Really hoping for a loss tomorrow even though have had a couple of slip ups this week....will report back in the morning have already planned tomorrow what ever the outcome. UPDATE! Weigh in and have lost a pound so 10st 7lbs

Week 3 - Tuesday 13th - green day

B: fresh pineapple chunks and alpen light lemon
Coffee with skimmed milk

L: morrisons cheese pasta n sauce - assuming 2 syns for this with broad beans
Water and coffee

S: Alpen light choc fudge
Coffee and water

D: Singapore noodles - dried noodles, garlic, ginger, chilli, curry powder, peppers, beansprouts, onion, egg, mangetout

HXA: skimmed milk in coffee
HXB: 2 x alpen light bars

Syns: 2 syns for pasta n sauce

Last edited:
Just bought the Special K chewy milk choc bars, they look sooo yummy can't believe they are a HXB so looking forward to one tomorrow!!!

OMG have had 2 SW OMG's today!!!! First one my own fault for checking after I ate it that my "thought was a good EE option" EAT pulled pork pot was a whopping 18 syns....

Second - just saw on the forums that the onken fat free nat yogurt is actually syned at around 5 a go...every time I've had porridge for breakfast since starting I've used onken!

Well at least I know now and have just bought Muller light for tomorrow think I better have a good read through some of the threads :-( could have lost a bit more in the last two weeks maybe :cry:cry

Ok over my OMG's today's food:

Wednesday - EE day

B: Special K milk choc chewy bar HXB - yummy with coffee with skimmed milk then an apple and bottle of water

L: the EAT pot - it was nice but not worth 18 syns! Had wild rice, the pork and little coleslaw
Coke Zero

Did an hour in the gym burnt off 2000 calories so hopefully has helped.

D: chicken breasts cooked with lean bacon, carrots, celery, onion, tinned cherry tomatoes, garlic, stock and fresh basil with split runner beans. Lots and lots of water

Hopefully the gym, all those Superfree and lots of water will flush out lunch :)

HXB: Special K bar
HXA: skimmed milk in one coffee - not a whole A box but don't need any more
Syns: 18

Last edited:
Plan for tomorrow as going out for dinner being very good in the day.

Thursday 15th - EE/Green depending on dinner

B: mixed berry fruit pot - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries.
Coffee with skimmed

S: alpen light lemon bar 1/2 HXB

L: muller light cranberry and raspberry with chopped up green apple. Alpen light choc fudge 1/2 b and coffee
Lots of water

D: going out so will report back later haven't had any syns today and if green still have an A and B box left :)

Last edited:
Looks like you're doing really well, well done! Shame about the EAT pork lunch, it's annoying having to use syns on things that just aren't worth it isn't it.

Oh btw, in regards to your previous post, kidney beans in chilli sauce are still indeed free :) x

Hi,

Hope you're getting on well this week! Can I ask what you do at the gym to burn 2000?In my routine I only seem to burn about 500-600,would like more!!!x

Looks like you're doing really well, well done! Shame about the EAT pork lunch, it's annoying having to use syns on things that just aren't worth it isn't it.

Oh btw, in regards to your previous post, kidney beans in chilli sauce are still indeed free :) x

Thanks b_44 glad as I love them! Oh I know but it's eaten now. Off out for dinner tonight so prob not going to be a loss this week.

Hi,

Hope you're getting on well this week! Can I ask what you do at the gym to burn 2000?In my routine I only seem to burn about 500-600,would like more!!!x

I do cardio interval training and some resistance work with high reps low weight. It's a set programme first time I've done it in 2 months tho so feeling it today.

Ok...so well off plan all weekend, started Friday night - party with wine led to chip shop, sat all day drinking and eating..Sunday hungover eating...anyway.

Plan for tomorrow, with no syns to try and combat the weekend

Monday 19th - green day

B: strawberries and raspberries

L: made a pasta salad of pasta, green beans, fresh basil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar and black pepper with mixed leaves

Hour of body pump and lots of water

D: SW carbonara - wholemeal spaghetti, egg yolks, spring onion, garlic, 28g Parmesan cheese (HXB) and 85g bacon (HXB)

Stuck to my no syns plan for the day and had;

HXB: Parmesan cheese
HXB: Bacon

Tomorrow is weigh day and even though I know I might have gained or STS I know I am back on it, I think I'm going to have to do Monday - Thursday syn free to allow for more at the weekend as have too many events at the moment. At least that way I can have saved a good 40 syns up.

Last edited:
So weigh in today and after the weekend I am ashamed to say its 2lbs on taking me back to 10.9 :-( It's my own fault though, I said at the start I had a lot going on so it would be slow. Time to get it back in the right direction.

Week 3: weight 10.9

Tuesday - green day

B: raspberries, strawberries and 30g all bran golden crunch (HXB) little skimmed milk

S: apple and grapes
Coffee x 2 with skimmed milk

L: same as yesterday, pasta, green beans, basil, salad leaves, lemon juice

Starbucks coffee frappuchino light - if this is the rest of my skimmed milk for the day not sure how many syns these are?

D: sweet potato wedges, kidney beans in chilli sauce and salad

Thursday - started as a red day as think carb overload could be my downfall but changed to EE for dinner

B: Special K bar (B) and apple
Coffee with skimmed milk

L: chicken salad and diet coke
Coffee

D: tuna steak, red onion, tomatoes, garlic, chilli, broccoli, green beans, noodles and little sweet chilli sauce

HXB: Special K bar
Syns: sweet chilli sauce ~ 3?

Back