Simple Solutions Slim for Summer

zeke

Gold Member
I have just place my first exante order :D.

I went for the one week variety pack plus some extra porridge and chocolate shake packs (as I am guessing those will be my favourites). The plan being to find out which flavours I like/don't like before placing a big order.

I intend to so the simple solution, to start with at least. I know my weight loss won't be as fast but at the moment I would be happy with my weight going down 2 lbs a week.

I don't think the packs will arrive until Tuesday (and then they will probably arrive in the 2 hrs window when both my husband and I will be out!). I shall have to be patient!

Hello best of luck i only have chocolate.. ;)

Hi, all the best!

Thank you for stopping by to wish me well!

Well, it has just arrived in time for lunch and I kicked off with a chocolate shake. I promised myself that I would start as soon as it arrived so here I go...

I had shreddies and skimmed milk for breakfast - which I am just going to ignore.

Today's plan:

Breakfast (7.30 am): (shreddies and skimmed milk)
Lunch (12.30 pm): Chocolate shake
Snack (3.30 pm): exante bar
Dinner (6.30 pm): veg and salmon (need to go out an buy it!) + yogurt
Supper (9.30 pm): shake or soup depending on mood

I will see how it goes. I will drop down to 2 hr intervals if I am really struggling. I am happy to ease myself in in the next day or so by going a bit over.

I am then going to try and stick to eating every 3.

I think I need to make myself a black coffee as I really fancy eating something else already!!!

I have now successfully completed a day on Simple solution and the scale treated me well this morning with a 2.2 lb drop :D

Now on to day 2!

This is going to be my 'average' day:

7.30 am - exante porridge
10.30 am - half exante bar
1.30 pm - half exante bar
3.30 pm - 2 pieces fruit
5 pm - 250g mixed veg or salad, ww ready meal, tomato sauce or light salad cream.
7/8 pm - exante shake or soup
9/10 pm - 0% fat yogurt (if needed/wanted)

This should bring me in at 1200 - 1300 kcals/day.

20+ minutes exercise (for now x-trainer at gym or walking dogs)

Divster! You are here, too! :D

I'm not exactly sure why I felt the need to have two diaries. I guess this is the 'brief' version for anyone also considering simple solution (doesn't seem to be many people doing that at all!)

I have come on here to talk about cost.

I just put in my theoretical basic order for 50 days of 50 porridge, 50 bars, 50 shakes with shipping for that and came out with a daily cost of £3.75. Then, of course, I have the food costs.

I typically eat (at the moment, subject to change!):

1 ww meal
1 shape yogurt
250g veg/salad
2 pieces fruit

I have no idea! I guess it depends on the price of ww meals and what veg/salad/fruit I choose - I am going to say another £3.75 on food/diet drinks/sugar-free squash a day.

So £7.50 a day = £52.50/week just on me!

TBH I probably spent at least that much before anyway - DH and I got through a LOT of wine and treats so it isn't putting me off the diet.

I know I could lose weight faster at half the cost by following total solution (well apart from food break week) but, well, I have plenty of time to lose this weight and I cannot face risking any side effects. I'm not ruling out doing it in the future, for a few days at a time though.

No, I am just stalking you! ;)

I think I justified Exante for myself cost wise, as equal to takeaways! Oh and the wine!

If this is how you are able to do it over a longer time period, then this is how you do it! You may have days where you slip into TS, maybe not wanting to eat at night, this will be ok also, as your nutrients are fully covered

zeke said:
Funny you mention that as I can see myself now having a TS day at some point (maybe a 4 pack one first!). It is nice knowing that all the nutrients are covered if I do!

Good luck hope it all goes well :)

5 days = 4.6 lbs lost :D

Still sticking to 3 packs a day, a ww meal, 3 portions veg, 2 portions fruit and a non fat fruit yogurt.

I have taking my coffee black and as I don't like brown tea black I am also having increasing amounts of green tea...hoping to almost swap the coffee for that over the next week or so. Another bonus!

I am also going to try and phase out the ww meals when I feel ready and have fish/lean meat instead - but for now ww meals have been great in getting me on to this!

Back