Slimalisious for Christmas!

Got my new teeth today. Thought I would be able to eat hard crunchy food now as I have not had any since last year. But when I bit into an apple and started to bite down on it the opposite side of the plate ripped into my gum! It was so painful. Now I have to stick to soft food till I get it sorted out. Very disappointing. Was really looking forward to more variety in my food choices. Oh well. I made chicken pad thai, but no eggs as I was out. It was very moreish!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

View attachment 137802

I also emptied my bag of goodies by bed!
View attachment 137803

I can see why it has been up and down since giving up smoking 6 weeks ago. I sometimes think I would be better smoking and the weight would come off easier. Then I remember I was smoking when I put the weight on in the first place. Need to stop beatingyself up with food and get back on the weight loss bus.

3 days to make amends!

Like everything it all takes time lovely :) You can do it! One step at a time just like the food thing. It takes time to ween us off the good stuff unfortunately hence all the addictive things in them. You can do it! :)

Boo for the teeth and the gums :( Did the dentist give you any advice? Do they have to harden up a bit before you can eat? Not exactly helpful is it :(

Thanks Princess.
I have to make an appointment again and let him know what's happening. I was really looking forward to eating a wider variety of food but never mind eh! I will just have to find new soft foods to eat instead. Can't be bothered to moan about it and stuff my face. Looking for some online now!!

Hope he can sort it out for you quickly hun, must be awful being stuck to only a few

Ouchie hope you get your teeth sorted hun, I hear you on needing to crunch on stuff.

And I am FULL of admiration for you giving up smoking, you can do it hun, one day at a time!

hi hun hope you find some nice soft food to eat love it most be horrid with not being able to eat hard foods x x x

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I am sorry that I have not posted in a while. It's just that I am having problems with the internet connection where I live. We have tried to get it sorted and changed company's but the connection is terrible. Even on my phone!
I have finally got the teeth fixed and am able to eat a wider variety of food now. The only drawback is I am so not used to eating these crunchier foods that I kinda forgot how to! I know that sounds silly but it's true. I tend to knaw at the food with my front teeth like a mouse then shove it to the back of my mouth.
My weight loss is slow but steady and going in the right direction. Will see if I hit my mini target of 7lbs at the end of the month.
Bad news :( My son told me over the weekend that he might have cancer. He had a lump in his throat and that it just seems to be getting bigger. I had told him in the past to get it checked but he didn't and I forgot about it. as he didn't mention it again. Till Saturday. He called 111 and told them what concerns he has and the difficulty in swallowing. They told him that he could have cancer. I was shocked and annoyed at him for not doing anything when I told him to. And a bit annoyed at myself for not remembering.
I got through the rest of the weekend in a blur. I'm at work now and I still don't know whether he has made an appointment for the doctors as he works nights and we don't always see each other. I will try and make it home early tonight and speak with him about it. I just hope it's not.

Anyway, life goes on, as they say and so shall my journey. Stay focused!

Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry!That is a hell of a shock for them to say on the 111 helpline too! Surely they'd tell him to refer to his doctor as a matter of urgency as that seems like a huge leap just incase it isn't! Way to scare the living daylights out of all of you! It could be lots of things! Neck lump: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

Have my fingers crossed for all of you, hope he gets to the doctor soon! He must be putting it off as he's terrified but it's better to know either way - the earlier the better!

Lots of love to all of you - and well done on your weight loss! Hope it stays the right way, good luck for your target xx

hi liily
i think its terrible how they have spoke to him over the phone i know my brother had a lump and luckily it was just a cyst had to have it removed but all ok now
hope ypur son as been to drs fingers crossed for him
hope you get use to your teeth and back on the food soon x x x

Hi guys
Thanks for the support. I'm not happy with my son at present as I have tried and failed to get him to contact the doctor. He keeps saying he's tired or he'll go to a walk in clinic. I have to let it go and let gim make his decision when he's ready. I am fuming that they gave him that kind of information just like that. They might be trained medical staff but they are not doctors.
Anyway, back to weight! I have lost 1lb for the whole month. Been going up amd down and it is thay time of the month. I will weigh again when I finish and see what I weigh.
Hope everyone is doing well keep up tje good work but don't forger to love life to the fullest xxx

I bet he's terrified - putting it off won't help if it is serious - but they've possibly done more damage than helping as I guess he's thinking it's better off not knowing.

I know it's easy for me to say, but can you perhaps show him that it could be any number of things (maybe that link i posted, or googling for a couple and tell him they perhaps gave the worst idea first? He really does need to get seen as a matter of urgency especially with the baby on the way :( sorry for you and him lovely xx

It might be worth contacting them and giving some feedback too. Noone can tell you it's cancer just by hearing what he's saying - and if they're saying it to others they could be scaring lots of people unnecessarily (and some like your son may be too scared to go!)

Thanks Sparklepants.
I did give him some printouts and other lealets thanks. But he looked at them but couldn't get to read them as the baby grabbed them and legged it then ripped it up lol. I couldn't stop laughing seeing my son chase his son it was so funny. But I will print some more off for him when I go into work.
I think you're right about the feedbavl though. I might give them some feedback as it most probably has made things worse with no piece of mind.

Forgot to update!
My new teeth fi ally work well enough to eat a wider variety of food. Yaaay! So happy about that. Now there is more choice and more decisions lol.

tiger lilly glad your teeth or sorted and well done on your weight loss

your son bless him must be feeling so confused im like him myself i put my head in the sand i hate going to the drs but im sure with a little chat from you is love ones he will go x x x

So glad about the teeth! It must be brilliant being able to eat again after being without for so long!

Is it possible that you could offer to go with him? Maybe even into the doctors office with him for support? Or his partner? Would that help him face it? :) xx

Good news at last! He made an appointment to see the doctor. Monday we will know more.

fingers crossed for him x x

AAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! KIDS!
I asked my son how he got on at the doctors. He told me that although he had made an appointment to see the doctors on Monday, he didn't say this Monday :banghead:. So will have to wait till next week now. This is so not helping me food wise. I have tried so hard not to fall for junk food, but it got me today. Last night I was tucked up in bed so early as I was craving cake and biscuits with coffee. It worked but was extremely hard to do. I don't want to be living my life like this every time something upsetting happens!
I WILL OVERCOME THIS. I WILL OVERCOME!

Back