Slimjim's journey to sustainable weight loss

fit4hols said:
:D:D:D
Wish I could get into long & lean gap jeans. If I did manage they would be two foot too long! I have very short legs!

Funnily enough they are the only gap jeans that have ever fitted, oh the irony :D

Wednesday

WI today, lost 1/2lb. I'm actually really pleased as I was worried I would put the weight back on after me detox, but I didn't & I lost!!

Pre-run: half trailmix bar, half apple
Post-run: 200ml skim milk, other half trailmix bar in yoghurt with berries
Sn: other half apple
L: beans on toast with a little chicken on salad & 3 pieces white choc (naughty!)
Sn: 2 plums, small slice pizza (in fridge winking at me at work)
D: 2 quorn sausage, bean, veg & new potato casserole
Sn: Shapers bar & small glass vino to celebrate my hubby surviving his & our possible life changing job interview :) PLUS another slice of pizza at home as hubby had some left over...nit my best day but guesstimated 1650 cal & burnt 600 so not too awful...:)

Congratulations on the 1/2lb and your steady progress downwards! You have a sensible attitude to your meals, mostly very healthy with the odd treats, definitely sustainable!

And hope your hubby's job interview was successful, sounds intriguing! :)

fit4hols said:
Congratulations on the 1/2lb and your steady progress downwards! You have a sensible attitude to your meals, mostly very healthy with the odd treats, definitely sustainable!

And hope your hubby's job interview was successful, sounds intriguing! :)

Thank you :) the thing with hubby's job is that it will relocate us from the south east to up north and then will hopefully lead to me retraining in something useful & us getting our visas to Canada....it's a 5 year or longer plan!! We've been thinking & talking about it for about 4 years, it's so exciting to think we might actually be on the correct path.... :D

Thursday - long day at work 7:30-21:00, always a difficult shift!

B: banana, alpen light AND nature valley oats & honey bar (1 bit) ( woke up feeling very hungry & a little sick so ate lots...didn't want to throw up on my bike to work!! It's funny mostly I'm ok & feel fine but sometimes I have to eat as the nausea is so bad)
Sn: decided I didn't need my muesli breakfast so had yoghurt, berries & apple
L: tuna & couscous salad
Sn: other bit of honey & oats pack, WW fruities
D: chicken curry with veg & rice
When I got home: large glass wine, mint skinny cow, WW toffee bar, lindor truffle AND a small piece of fried chicken

Hmmmm....reckoning on 1770 calories today which with my cycle to work & endless wheelchair pushing comes under my allowance. I know I'm not technically calorie counting, but I am keeping a vague log on mfp so at least I can see more clearly where I mess up.....not that I probably need it underlined!!

Thank you :) the thing with hubby's job is that it will relocate us from the south east to up north and then will hopefully lead to me retraining in something useful & us getting our visas to Canada....it's a 5 year or longer plan!! We've been thinking & talking about it for about 4 years, it's so exciting to think we might actually be on the correct path.... :D

Thursday - long day at work 7:30-21:00, always a difficult shift!

That sounds really exciting! Why Canada in particular? Feel free to ignore that question if you don't want to write about it on the internet! Good luck with it all anyway!

And that sounds a very long day, poor you! And I see you like the Nature Valley bars too - good reason for going the healthy eating route rather than the SW one!

Friday

Pre-run: banana
Post-run: meusli, fromage frais, berries
Sn: 2 chunks white chocolate (now hidden, should prob throw away as it's not my favourite, I'd rather waste the calories on something else!)
L: 2 quorn sausage, bean, veg & new potato casserole, grapes
Sn: plum & satsuma
D: Jamaican jerk chicken with rice, corn on the cob & yoghurt (honey & oil used for jerk paste) followed by skinny cow
During the evening: peroni& (at pub), Czech beer & large glass vino
Sn: green & black mint chocolate nom nom nom!!!!

Approx 1900 calories, this is fast becoming a very unhealthy eating diary....Saturday will not be any better!

fit4hols said:
That sounds really exciting! Why Canada in particular? Feel free to ignore that question if you don't want to write about it on the internet! Good luck with it all anyway!!

It was a bit of an elimination process...we decided on English speaking (husband already speaks 3 languages & doesn't want to learn another) & we quickly eliminated USA & South Africa. We've been to both Australia & NZ, the first was a great holiday destination but not a place to live for us & we thought NZ was poss just a bit too far, so Canada!! Also every single Canadian I've ever met loves their country & most seem pretty cool. We don't put masses of thought into our decisions!!

It was a bit of an elimination process...we decided on English speaking (husband already speaks 3 languages & doesn't want to learn another) & we quickly eliminated USA & South Africa. We've been to both Australia & NZ, the first was a great holiday destination but not a place to live for us & we thought NZ was poss just a bit too far, so Canada!! Also every single Canadian I've ever met loves their country & most seem pretty cool. We don't put masses of thought into our decisions!!

Sounds brilliant, I really hope it works out for you! Japan was a bit of a spur of the moment thing too, based on many holidays here, and holidays not being long enough! A friend of mine suggested why not retrain as an English teacher, I thought it was a good idea and here I am!

When does your husband hear about the job? Ie when can I uncross my fingers?!;)

fit4hols said:
Sounds brilliant, I really hope it works out for you! Japan was a bit of a spur of the moment thing too, based on many holidays here, and holidays not being long enough! A friend of mine suggested why not retrain as an English teacher, I thought it was a good idea and here I am!

When does your husband hear about the job? Ie when can I uncross my fingers?!;)

How long have you been in Japan? And do you speak Japanese?? Tough job teaching, I thought about it & even went as far as work experience, but it's not for me, I take my hat off to you.

We hear about the job sometime next week, but it may not be 100%, one if the guys who wanted to interview him couldn't be there, so he may have to go for another :( Because they aren't really desperate, it's a new role, they aren't in any major rush, which probably isn't a bad thing as at least if all goes well we'll have time to get our stuff together :)

BAD DAY

I knew this evening was 'date night', basically lovely home cooked dinner & dessert & a rubbish saturday night movie, so I had planned on a good day..... (note on movie - Machete, better than I imagined a spoof really but just a bit more subtle & funnier than hot shots!!) HOWEVER.... my neck locked up this morning on my way to work (old injury) which meant I had to go home sick as impossible to do anything except hold my neck & swear!! So it all went wrong and I ate away my sorrows :( not even attempting a calorie count estimating 2500..... on top of existing bad days not good....

I'm also worried as I think I'll be out of exercise action for a while, running and cycling with what feels like whiplash won't be too great....hoping it'll heal fast....or else I will have to go on a fast....excuse the terrible pun...... Tomorrow is a new day & I have An appointment with my osteo, so fingers crossed :)

Oh no, about your neck. Really hope that gets better soon, how annoying.

I've been in Japan 7 years, speak passable Japanese but by no means fluent. Understand a lot more than I speak! And teaching in Japan is a lot different and more relaxed than in the UK, trust me! Plus none of my classes are bigger than 8 students.

Hope you had a good weekend and here's to another good week ahead!;)

Thanks, I have some NSAID prescribed by my GP & a treatment yesterday so hoping for a speedy recovery.

7 years, such a long time. Do you miss home at all, friends & family? I guess after 7 years though you have a full support network of friends out there now. Sounds like it was a good choice for you though :)

I'm probably going off line for a few days as I'm in a bit of a ruck & off track (again)....but this is the way I do it!! Hope you have a good week :D

You have a good week too, and hope you feel back on track soon. Giving yourself a bit of a break given that you're in pain is probably a good idea, but remember your goal too! :D I usually weigh myself everyday as it gives me the reminder after a pizza and wine evening! ;)

Right....time to GET BACK ON TRACK....

Only a 3lb gain over the last couple if weeks, phew!

Managed a 25min run (just) & have been healthy so far....off to work the late shift will report in fully when I get back home & have my feet up with a glass of wine.....oops I mean cup of tea!! :)

So today's diary

B: banana & berries smoothie made with yoghurt & milk (230cal)

Ex: r1w7 of c25k, 10 min walk, 25 min run (burnt 400cal)

L: jacket potato with chilli con carne made with lots of veg, 50g beef & 1/3 tin beans topped with some low fat fromage frais (480cal - too many??)

Sn: pear & plum (90cal)

D: vegetable & bean curry with rice (340cal)

Sn: walkers crisps & WW toffee bar (190cal)

Plus cycle to work & back (burnt 200cal)

Total: 1330 in (600 expended in exercise)

ALL GOOD - I thought as I was working it out on mfp that it would be more, so pretty pleased.....and so to bed :)

Friday:

Good day, especially as it's a Friday! Had a great day at work though, I learnt something new & very interesting, then went for a swim & jacuzzi....sometimes I really love my job!! BBQ with work tomorrow, hard life!! Probably means that my cal count won't be too hot though!

B: OSS with blueberries & banana (230cal)

L: homemade coleslaw tuna & pasta salad followed by alpen light & satsuma (325cal)

D: bean & veg curry on rice with a potato on the side! (450cal)

Snacks: yoghurt, grapes, Czech beer, shape delight, 1 weetabix & skim milk (365cal)

Total: 1365cal
Cycle burnt 200cal

That's another day under 1500.....good times :)

Back