Slimjim's journey to sustainable weight loss

In other news, WI at 134lb.....eek!!! However, I'm not going to be too excited I think it was just a good WI but not necessarily a true reflection! :)

134!!! :happy096: That's fantastic news! Don't be so hard on yourself, whilst it may have been a good weigh-in and might go up again, you have now hit your target for the first time, I'm really excited for you! I know you want to feel that you are comfortably at 134 though:)

THANK YOU :D I am pleased even if a little unsure it'll stay! Ideally I'd like to lose more BUT if I can stay at 134 (or less) for the next few weeks it'll be good! 2 weekends away coming up plus various entertaining. The exercise is definitely helping but I need to tone up now....did a DVD today & I WILL do it 3 times a week!

Still hungry & eating, not my best day:

B: banana, oats so simple, seeds, sultanas & blueberries
Sn: apple & half a digestive biscuit
L: rice & tuna salad, snack a jack crisps & half a fish finger
Sn: (baking again, eggs to use up) 1 & a half of 'hot chocolate' fairy cakes (without any icing only 102 calories each!)
D: pork mince & veg ragu with gnocchi & Parmesan
Sn: wispa ice cream bar (only 120 calories!!) YUM

Calories - 1730
P:C:F - 15:63:21 not good at all, no nuts!!

Probably not a problem if it averages out OK on the protein front? I think I'm always going to struggle with getting 20% protein... And when I think about it, I can't believe that Green days on Slimming World ever gave me 20% protein but I always believed that Green days were healthy...Counting minerals has been the biggest eye-opener for me - I thought with the amount of cheese I ate, that I'd be getting enough calcium... I guess what I'm trying to say (badly, been an exhausting day!) is that if your diet is healthy then focus on improving one thing at a time?!

I guess your weekend must start now (well in another few hours!) Have fun!

To continue.....

They must only have carbohydrates in their diet, not great. And the minerals etc... I know what you mean. The best is a variety of different things & all the food groups, including a little from the naughty ones!!

Nearly finished for the weekend....in the back of a van so cheekily updating! 1hr to go then finished my 9 day stint (tired). So I'm posting in advance as haven't had my last snacks yet, can't wait!!

Friday (late shift)

B: 1 weetabix & milk, 1 nature valley bar, 1 toast with jam & flora light, grapes
L: basil & tomato chicken with new potatoes & truck loads of veg
Sn: hot chocolate cake, mixed nuts, seeds & fruit
D: chicken & veg broth, salad & a few cheeky chips & beans
Sn: apple, mars bar (planned in this morning after seeing an advert!) glass vino

Calories = 1591
P:C:F = 23:57:20

Went for a run this morning, it felt good :) my pace was slow bur I don't care....one day (soon ish) I'm going to be able to run (jog) for 1hr, it may not be 10k but the fact that I can do an hour will be achievement enough for me!

fit4hols said:
One hour jogging, I'm certainly impressed! :)

Not there yet though! Today I start 3 x 17min with 1 min walking between 'runs' to recover....we shall see! Still I need to do it after this weekend.... I think it was about 3000 per day.....eek! That's just an estimate, I didn't track.

So I reckon my daily average is about 2100.....I got on the scales just now & not good.....so had a piece of white toast to make me feel better! Got to stick to low cal the next 4 days & exercise like a demon :)

Let's just hope you've over-estimated your weekend calories. The extra weight you're seeing on the scales may just be water retention so drink plenty (so to speak) over the next few days and hopefully all will be well! My calories today as far as the fish and chips and pizza were concerned were just estimated too - difficult to judge really...You've got a couple of days to sort it out anyway!

Well my aim was to keep it low, 1 piece of toast led to 2 but I did manage to curb it!! Been drinking lots of water & went for a run. It was 3 x 17 min runs = 51 minutes!! With walking breaks & warm up etc... 600 calories burnt !! :) Add in my cycle 800 cals burnt SO there is leeway!!

Monday

B: 2 x toast with spread & jam (not ideal but kept it under control ish)
Sn: satsuma
L: WW soup, cheese puffs, some leftover chicken, yoghurt & banana
Sn: WW fruities
D: pork & veg stirfry with noodles & sweet chilli sauce
Sn: pumpkin whoopie pie (leftover from yesterday only 220 cals)

Total = 1619
P:C:F = 20:58:21

800 calories for your daily exercise, absolutely amazing! And that doesn't count all your pushing of wheelchairs - you don't have an office job either, do you...

Yes it's a little crazy when I put it in writing!! But then that's running & that's one of the things I like about it!

Tuesday (late shift)

B: apple, oats so simple made with milk & blueberries (fresh :) )
Sn: Ginger nut
L: low fat sausage & veg in tomato sauce with pasta & feta, low fat chocolate mousse
Sn: a little mash while prepping the dinner!
D: chicken soup, bulked up with lots of veggies & potato, yoghurt, sugar free jelly & raspberries (frozen :( )
Sn: Ginger nut, Shapers bar

Total = 1537
P:C:F = 22:55:23

The keeping calories low thing ain't working!! Still lots of resistance work today & running again tomorrow.

135.25 which is 1.25 up :(

Well can't be too upset, had a great weekend & hope I don't disgust you....that could be one trip to the loo! :) Obviously not a successful maintenance week but could well be down to 134.5 on Friday morning & then it all starts again!

135.25 which is 1.25 up :(

Well can't be too upset, had a great weekend & hope I don't disgust you....that could be one trip to the loo! :) Obviously not a successful maintenance week but could well be down to 134.5 on Friday morning & then it all starts again!

Ha ha ha, yes easily just one trip to the loo! I always weigh after the loo and (and this is seriously in the danger of TMI) it can be 2lb! I keep an eye on it every day so if it looks wildly out, I just weigh in the following day. I think as we get to maintenance we're going to have to stop thinking in terms of 1/2 lbs (difficult) and be a bit more flexible. 2lb would be too much, so if it jumps even by 1, it motivates me to monitor it more carefully. On the other hand, if it's going generally down by 0.1 or 0.2 kg a day I'm happy! I think you should definitely check it over the next couple of days!:)

And guess what???? Thus morning 134lb! Yay!!!

Wednesday

B: banana, homemade muesli, pear, a few raspberries & yoghurt
Sn: satsumas, nature valley bar
L: chicken soup
Sn: mixed nuts & raisins
D: spaghetti meatballs with feta, chocolate mousse, jelly & berries, Czech beer
Sn: other nature valley bar, digestive biccie

Total = 1752
P:C:F = 22:51:27

Went for a run....tiring but a little quicker....can't quite believe it!

Told you so, told you so!!! Seriously, that's great news :) Kinda looks like it motivated you today too! (Food and run). Will take my motivation from you today ;)

Ha ha ha! Yes very pleased.....133.5 this morning!!! Love it! Still I'm ignoring that as another big weekend ahead....16 of us are away for the weekend :) I was going to go for a run this morning but what with not having packed yet & it pouring outside I just don't think I'll fit it in ....cough cough excuses excuses...!

So yesterday, Thursday

Thursday

B: half banana, oats so simple with raisins & seeds
Sn: apple
L: ham sandwich & crisps followed by fig & mango bar
Sn: mint Shapers bar
D: chicken soup, yoghurt & jelly
Sn: glass wine & wispa

Total = 1468
P:C:F = 14:58:28

Didn't get to have a proper meal so very snacky, hence the rubbish ratio!

Not sure if I'll write down/track what I consume this weekend....it'll just be too bad ;D

Oh, you've redefined your goal! Well done on continuing to lose this week, and I'm sure you'll be at your new goal very soon! Have a fantastic weekend!

It's a been a while... Really hope you're OK and just busy attempting to maintain this week after a big weekend! Come back soon!

Thanks! I'm back, ish..... Not managing to maintain after a big weekend though, started eating & can't stop!!! I'm too scared to weigh myself as well. Oh dear! Tonight I'm out for tapas so will be trying to get back on track today & then not worry about tonight & get back on it properly tomorrow....fingers crossed. Got to get out of this funk, just can't seem to get the motivation to stop eating but I know I'll be so disappointed if I let it slide & my weight starts going up again.....got to try & keep it under control :)

Back