Slimjim's journey to sustainable weight loss

Evening off - fish & chips treat & chocolate binge! Well another day of trekking around & a swim so I don't feel guilty! Bring on home tome tomorrow, tired now :)

Glad you had an evening off! I'm guessing on an average of 4 hours sleep you really did need it, it sounds tough. Definitely not a holiday! You must be really looking forward to coming home for the weekend -sleep well! And have a really relaxing weekend :)

I got the night off & so needed it! At home now....mmmmm. Only problem is I've fallen into the same pattern I have before with these holidays, celebratory we made it binge!!! It pretty much started last night as I said:

Sn: chomp
D: fish & chips
Sn: flake (yummy)

1760 cals - liveable

Friday.......

B: mullerlight, alpen light & 1 toast with jam
Sn/ early lunch/lunch 1: half a chicken panini at the services, 1 nature valley
Lunch 2?: other half of panini, velvet crunch, ww cookie bar, beer :)
Lunch 3/Sn?!?: snap pot of beans on 1 toast, WW biccies

Ok so getting out of control now AND I'm getting an Indian take away tonight AND booze....I think it's the tiredness eating! No exercise today either, eek!! Reckoning 3000 odd cals today.....

Tomorrow is a friends birthday & I'm making cake & the plan is pizza & cava....WILL run in the morning!!!

Cue siren noise! RED ALERT RED ALERT DANGER DANGER!
No, seriously, all's well - you can see it - previously you wouldn't have counted and that celebratory phase would have lasted all weekend. Now you can go for a run tomorrow, keep your calories low and really enjoy the pizza, cava and cake later! Good luck!

Ha ha ha ha......red alert indeed! 3000 calories it was, yum yum ! According to mfp 'if everyday was like this' I would gain 12lb in 5 weeks!! Which I don't think is actually too bad....although definitely not my plan ;)

Sneaky peak on the scales as I didn't on Wednesday - 136lb (0.5lb loss) so hoping it will still be that on next week....I promise to be good mon/tues!

Not running today too much to do & a bit of a red wine head. Will go tomorrow as I can't on monday do it won't mess the schedule!

Glad you enjoyed it;)
Oh dear, a red wine head - hate those! The cava will sort it out later! Enjoy! Fingers crossed for weigh-in next week!

PS You're so good about your running - it seems to have got to the addictive stage - well done!

Yes cava did sort it but then topped it off with more red wine! Ended up staying at my friends & so today was a write off, starting with bacon sarnies & no run!

Well weighed in yesterday as I stayed at a scale less friends last night & it was 136.75lb which is up on my sneaky peak on Friday but only 1/4lb more than 2 weeks ago SO just about did. Although I've been off plan for a week & never did do that run! Still back on it tomorrow, run & diet. Working this weekend so should be ok & could still get close to 134 target in 2 weeks time??? Seems a little to lose but I'm so lazy & I'm baking like a demon - hey ho!

So you maintained which is really good seeing as you weren't close to your scales for much of those 2 weeks! Yes, we both don't have far to go now, but those pesky last couple of pounds are as tricky as! It's probably cos we're getting lazy now we can see the results we wanted. And then to maintain! Good luck with starting the exercise again, I struggle too with that if I've been drinking!

Yes maintaining was the goal, so pretty pleased :) My end oct goal is only a 'mini' goal, if I can get there & maintain I'd like to try for 9st5 (131) & see from there. I have no great ambitions though, just keeping under 140lb is a miracle for me!

Thursday 20th Oct

B: fruity couscous with yoghurt, banana (345)
Sn: apple (50)
L: tuna, sweetcorn & couscous salad PLUS a little pizza crust (466)
Sn: alpen light (61)
D: nasi goreng ayam (561)
Sn: WW toffee bar (83)

Total: 1566 cals

Looking at C:p:F = 71:23:6 OH DEAR!

Exercise - 45 min run & work cycle, legs are dog tired!

Fat 6g - oh dear! Do you ever eat cheese? If not, do you like nuts or avocado? Maybe even stir fry in a little olive oil? Apparently, a good amount of fat can even help weightloss because it helps you feel fuller for longer... I'm having to make a real effort though to get my fat ratio up to around 20. Good thing I love cheese, but actually I should be having at least half of that fat as unsaturated!

Good luck for the weekend!

Last edited:
Yes I know...I do eat cheese but only really melted & in stuff! I have loads of nuts & stuff but have let the habit slide a little. Also cooking or dressing salad in olive oil is a good idea....I'm going to try & see how I can get my ratios right & see if I feel deprived/hungry.

Still today much better C:p:F 50:23:27

Friday 21st October

B: oats so simple honey & almond, blueberries & yoghurt (219)
Sn: 1/3 digestive, apple (76)
L: chicken & veg broth, salad & ham sandwich (little loaf bread) (399)
Sn: wine (pub) (124)
D: pasta bolognese with feta followed by chocolate iced dessert with raspberries (660)
Sn: more red wine (90)

Total = 1568
With over 400 earnt with my cycle & DVD

Enjoy your weekend :)

Wow, because you write your ratio in a different order to me, to start with I thought you had managed 50% protein! Much better ratio - do you think you average out around 15-20% fat per week?

50% protein....I will try that one day, but that's probably as long as it would last!! Yes much better ratio & again today - ratios of C:p:F at 58:17:25 good news!! No idea what my weekly fat % works out as - I'm such a slack tracker it would be hard to tell!

Saturday 22nd October

Late today so big lunch little dinner, well that was the plan! Also meant to run this morning but leggies still done in from Thursday so gave it a miss - running home from work tomorrow NO MATTER WHAT!

B: weetabix with milk & tspn sugar, apple (276)
Sn: yoghurt (51)
L: meatfree meatballs & veg in tomato sauce on jacket potato topped with a little feta (477)
Sn: digestive biscuit & some fruit & nuts (155)
D: (early at 6:30) chorizo, bean & squash soup (243)......didn't quite fill me up....
Sn: crisps, ginger nut, WW fruities, 4 chunks G&B (257)

Total : 1459

Oops, 2 extra chunks of G&B at 40 cal

Plus, forgot to add my extra I had yesterday - 3 chunks G&B

Still think of the zinc & the fat!!

Nearly 2000 cals today, too tired to log the diary right now, will do tomorrow! I did run though which makes up for the overeat :)

As I said yesterday 2000 not my greatest but I did over 500 cal on my run so I figured I deserved it!

Run was a but tricky, got a pain in my bum/hip about 1.5km in....pushed through it but found it very tricky to walk up the stairs when home! Still a bath made me feel better & today I CAN walk - it's a miracle! So to business....

Sunday 23rd October

B: yoghurt, oats so simple with raisins & seeds made with water
Sn: pear
L: potato & cabbage soup (bit boring) & half small bread sandwich with ham & soft cheese
Run
Sn: other half of sandwich, cheese puffs & glass of milk (supposedly very good post run drink) & then a bathwith a cuppa & biccie
D: roast lamb, boulangere potatoes, veg & gravy. VERY tasty thanks hubby but we forgot to get any mint sauce d'oh! Followed by low cal mousse & raspberries
Sn: large glass vino & curly wurly....then the curse of G&B - 3 chunks!

Total = 1980
C:p:F = 61:27:12 fat up :) protein down :(

Monday 24th October

B: banana, sultana bran with chopped hazelnuts & skimmed milk
Sn: apple & some potato & beans from lunch prep
L: Just before lunch (at work) a 999 call (all ok but hospital trip) so grabbed a Bernard Matthews turkey dinosaur (?!) on my way out the door as had no idea when I may get a chance to eat. Lucky me though - found a pre weighed out handful of nuts & raisins, which was good as didn't get to eat till 8pm. Also glad I was naughty & snacked while prepping lunch!
D: pork & veg stir fry with noodles & Czech beer
Sn: 1 nature valley bar & WW bar

Total = 1362
C:p:F = 58:18:24

Looking good! Honestly, if you're doing 500 calories on your run then 2000 calories sounds about right? If the absolute lowest you should go is 1200, and that's just to keep your organs functioning without you even going about your day-to-day life, then you're going to need to increase your calories a bit now that you're exercising even more than before! :D And gradually getting your body used to more will be a good thing for maintenance... What are your goals for C:p:F? Mine are carbs 45-55, protein 25-35 and fat 20-25 for weight loss. But I usually fail abysmally on getting my protein that high because of my addiction to fruit, veg which push up the carbs... Is it a bad thing? I don't know...

Last edited:
Well I'm definitely more hungry since upping my running and as you say if I'm burning 500cal I need to up my intake! I don't have an aim for P:C:F (I have put protein first as I didn't realise it posted as a crazy face! :p). My fitness pal says 15:55:30 but that's not enough protein by far, so I suppose 25:55:20 or 25:50:25. Must admit I haven't been paying much attention, but I am trying to up my fat & usually protein goes hand in hand with this (cheese & nuts!)

So Tuesday - in hospital for my shift so not ideal food plus out in the evening & I baked.....

B/L: apple, 1 nature valley bar, ham sandwich, velvet crunch, teeny bowl potato & veg broth, 1 small toast & flora light
Sn: low fat chocolate mousse
D: chilli con carne with rice
Sn: 1 macaroon with whipped cream filling plus a bite (large!) of another to taste & check it's ok before I let my mates eat them! 3 glasses of red wine....lovely evening, shame I had to get up this morning!

Calories = 1947
P:C:F = 17:59:24 that'll be the caster sugar & icing sugar in the macaroons!

I went for a 5k run in the morning so 400 odd burnt.

In other news, WI at 134lb.....eek!!! However, I'm not going to be too excited I think it was just a good WI but not necessarily a true reflection! :)

Back