Slimjim's journey to sustainable weight loss

No not a heated bathroom but a steamy hot bath which is nice!

Well yesterday wasn't great, about 2000 calories I reckon & today will be even worse!

So far (2pm) : 4 biscuits, slice pizza, chocolate wafer, 2 slices of small toast & light spread, some macaroon (in the process of making them!)

Plan for rest of day: baby shower/afternoon tea, followed by wine & mince pie party with probably lots of other yummy nibbles.....not counting again till Monday!! But I was 134.25 today so I'm ok :)

Yes busy week plus a collision with another cyclist (a policeman would you believe!) which was totally my fault. No major injuries but a little bashed & bruised & my neck is sore again!!!! All in all a very crazy few days. I have the in laws with us now, who are lovely, but it means eating like a demon.....I don't have to obviously but I want to! Still I'm maintaining just about usually a couple of days at 136 but I seem to be able to keep down to 134 most of the time which is a relief. I think
I'll leave any further weight loss until after the new year! :)

Oh no! Crashing into a policeman! Embarrassing! Hope you're not too sore now. Yes, I know what you mean about not actively dieting now until the New Year - kind of doing the same myself!

Have a brilliant Christmas and a very Happy New Year! I'll probably be on here from time to time, but probably not measuring until the New Year again! Take care and try to compensate with healthy food as much as you can!;)

Not my finest moment!! :)

As I said on your diary I'm up 1-2lb at the moment (weighing daily - not sure it helps!) Still I'm not going to beat myself up about it till January 3rd. Wish I wasn't so bloated though....damn bread do tasty & delicious!! :)

Well I'm back of sorts (dropping in!)....weighed in at 137lb which is a gain of 2.5lb not bad considering. A few more days of eating & drinking to go then back on it :)

Right so back to it! It's the official first day of 2012 jam packed full of resolutions & goals, including getting back into good eating & exercise habits after a month or so off! Also back to work today after 12 days holiday.....boo :(

So I've been up (lying on sofa) for 2 hours & not hungry.....possibly because I did put in a last ditch effort to stuff myself full yesterday....I think it worked!

So I need to get my butt off the sofa have a shower & head to the shop for healthy treats.....

OK so not so fandabbydozy on the food front, not masses of calories but not great & definitely not the best foods!

B: apple, toast with low fat pate (but all the pate is gone now!)
Sn: 5 chocolates.....oops
L: apple, WW chilli & wedges meal (lazy)
Sn: satsuma, nuts
D: sainsbury meal soup (lazy again....working & cooking is clearly too much effort for me at the mo!), toast with jam
Sn: a teeny bit, but still more, chocolate

Calories = 1574
P:C:F = 15:55:29 BAD fat:protein

I will cook tomorrow on a late again so no excuses! But I'm back & pleased about it! :)

So not quite back on it....

B: cookie & apple
L: vegetable stirfry
Sn: banana & nuts
D: rice & roasted tomato soup with 2 quorn sausages
Sn: Cadbury caramel + a miniature hero! Damned Christmas chocs!

Total = 1492
P:C:F = 8:67:25 EEK!

Oh dear....

Happy New Year! Well done, it looks as if you stayed fairly in control over the holidays, and you're definitely back on it now! Your calories are looking great! Least said about the ratios though...! I don' think mine are that good though at the moment although I haven't been tracking. Guess, now I'm back I should start tracking again to make sure that I don't go off...

Hello again, nice to 'read' you again! I didn't get back on track (well apart from those 2 days!) However, my new year started yesterday, last week was just a blip!

So Monday:

B: banana, homemade muesli, raspberries (frozen!) & yoghurt
Sn: apple & satsuma
L: tuna & 3 bean salad with olive oil dressing
Sn: nuts
D: MASSIVE portion of spaghetti bolognese with cheese & 3 chunks of G&B

Total = 1695 (highish but......did my regular cycle plus 1hr Zumba & 45min Zumba toning....hard work!)
P:C:F = 26:41:33 WOW!! Slightly excited by that one! Won't be the same today carb heavy lunch :(

Ok so day 2 & lots of chocolate gosh darn it!

B: banana, porridge with blueberries & chopped hazelnuts
Sn: 1 fish finger (grrr work)
L: rice & roast tomato soup & 2 fish fingers (double grrr!)
Sn: velvet crunch, nuts, apple & a few mini egg type things
D: turkey & noodle stir fry with oodles of veg! Yoghurt
Sn: 1 Cadbury chocolate eclair, 1 ferrero rocher & mini buttons (darn Xmas chocs!)

So a bit of a fail....

Total = 1774 oh dear :(
P:C:F = 20:55:25 (not the worst)

A little disappointed, but this is what happens when you are over tired, get home from work at 3.30pm & do nothing all evening apart from sort a little paperwork....need to keep busy!

OK, so this was in answer to your post after Monday... Will continue at the end about Tuesday! That's fine! Life is all about having times when we can over-indulge! Eating for pleasure is fine provided we get back on track like you have done from Monday!

I had to google zumba and just watched a video - it looks great fun but tiring! Do you go to a class or use a DVD? If you use a DVD, any suggestions in case I decide to give it a go?!

Certainly with your exercise those calories are fine aren't they, although I understand about wanting to get them lower so that you can kickstart your new year. And your ratio is fantastic, most impressed, it's so difficult to get it to that!

You're almost at target now (hooray and well done!). But you seem so seriously on the exercise bandwagon, I think you're going to continue to lose weight! Is that the plan, or are you going to bump your calories up at that point?

Anyway, have a great day:D

OK... so Tuesday, yes the ratio is pretty good:)

And don't beat yourself up too much, 1800 calories is fine for a maintenance day isn't it. Even if you want to get back onto the losing weight, you're easing yourself in, and you're obviously motivated!
Agree about the reason why it probably happened. Now you need to find a way to stop it happening again! Listen to me, sounding all positive and motivated:D Sorry! It's just because of my last few weeks, I've really seen how I can change it all round just by being busy!

Could you take those chocolates into work? I have the same thing with some Christmas cake in big portions in the freezer - I made a whole Christmas cake, but I mustn't eat much more now that Christmas is over. I'm going to have a couple of friends around for one of the portions and take the other into one of my schools. Fortunately I was sensible enough not to cut it into individual portions - that would have been fatal!

I don't think that Tuesday was so bad, your body is probably used to a higher level of calories anyway after all the festivities! Wednesday, go go go! :D

In reply to Zumba it is GREAT fun! I go to a class, the instructor is great & a friend of mine which helps, but she's very motivated! I was just concentrating on the running so have only been a few times since last May, but it featured on TV a few weeks ago & i remembered how much I enjoy it & how it doesn't feel like exercise! So my plan is to do Zumba & the toning class every monday (work permitting) & run at least 1 if not 2 days a week. I also want to include at least another resistance type workout (which I did today) & then my ususal cycle. So fingers crossed!! It's probably not going to be as intense as it has been but we've got quite a lot going on at the moment & it does take up time! With regards to a DVD i would say any official DVD as opposed to the non-endorsed kind.

Well I'm glad I'm convincing someone of my motivation, it's not working on me! I snoozed my alarm for 1hr yesterday morning & still had to forceably wake myself up. I then just felt rubbish & sluggish all morning....it's funny though I have to be up at 6am when I'm on an early & because I have to get up I just do! Still I felt better by the time I had to head to work. May have had something to do with a lack of breakfast until 11am or so! Busy morning, but I didn't overeat!

Tuesday
B: satsuma, 1 slice of medium bread with flora
sn: apple
L: rushed, so it was a weight watchers chilli ready meal with peas (fortunately I had it in the freezer as back up, NOT tasty!)
Sn: nuts & dried fruit, plums
D: betterbean & chorizo soup, yoghurt
Sn: low cal crisps, low fat snack bar

Total = 1352
P:C:F = 17:56:26 low on protein :(

So I didn't indulge in the christmas chocs, but they are mostly gone apart from some celebrations which him indoors has put out of reach as he will not part with them!! Cake I can take to work, chocolate, NOT A CHANCE!! He's not worried about weight & fitness like I am, the curse of being female & obsessed with looking better better better!! I do have nearly half a christmas cake as I also made one & my do they go a long way.....but I'll probably take some of that into work.

So far today I've been ok if I can stay on track. I've had the day off & have kept very busy going through my things & doing the 3 pile thing....keep, charity, dump....very cathartic! I hope you'll have to do that soon what with possibly moving back home! Also I've spent the afternoon attached to the computer doing paperwork type stuff/job hunting. We've had some good news, hubby had a chat with his bosses last week about the project he's working on & upcoming work etc.... He's working on a project that will take several months to complete so when he came clean & told them about our plans to move north they did the BEST/NICEST thing....they said he can work remotely from York!!! YES!!! He told them he'll still look for work locally BUT he intends to finish the project because to hand it over would take longer than the 5 week notice period! SO...this means we will be heading north at the end of March & I will be unemployed (trying not to be too excited about the prospect of that!) So I'm happy....but a bit overwhelmed by what we need to sort out & by how we have accumulated so much junk & stuff over the last 2 years! Still happy happy me :D :D

So my calories were ok today but I had some chocolate in the afternoon & game over I wanted more! May be I should just ban all chocolate from the house & have non choccie snack bars full of nuts & seeds & fruity goodness!

B: smoothie - oats, banana, strawberries, yoghurt & a little milk
Sn: satsumas
L: cod, beans, brown rice & veg with yoghurt on top
I then spent the afternoon on the computer sorting stuff & got peckish. I had some herbal tea but it was no good!
Sn: ww fruities, green & blacks
D: peri peri chicken with veg & rice, chocolate mousse dessert (out of date so needed to be eaten, fingers crossed it wasn't too out if date! It tasted ok! :) )
Sn: curly wurly

Exercise - 45min Davina DVD, always good, she is a bit of a demon at these things!

Total = 1460
P:C:F = 21:64:15 ouch on the carbs, all that sugary chocolate....oh & the rice, fruit & yoghurt!!!!

Still calories getting under control, eating less which is good & I exercised. Going to attempt a run in the morning after more than 2 months off....wish me luck! :)

Oh, all of this sounds very exciting! My biggest advice is to be absolutely ruthless about what you charity/junk! I've already started here, again. When I moved to Japan, we did all of that but kept far too much which will all have to be sorted out one day in the UK. It's all up in the loft, and I honestly think now most of it will be junked or given to charity. The more things you have, the more they tie you down. I used to keep all my books, now I don't. I used to keep Christmas/birthday cards, now I keep the most recent ones just from family, and take photos of them before throwing them away. The photo thing applies to anything that I don't use with a sentimental attachment. If it's not clothes or useful (or very light) it goes. That way I can move whenever I want!

Good luck with everything! And it'll be nice for you to have a break/change jobs!

slimjim79 said:
Well I'm glad I'm convincing someone of my motivation, it's not working on me! I snoozed my alarm for 1hr yesterday morning & still had to forceably wake myself up. I then just felt rubbish & sluggish all morning....it's funny though I have to be up at 6am when I'm on an early & because I have to get up I just do! Still I felt better by the time I had to head to work.

Well I had a similar thing yesterday - didn't get enough sleep the night before and skipped my early morning cycle, telling myself that it was ok because I had a slightly longer commute. That's true, but I then didn't feel so positive all morning as a result, perhaps I felt I had let myself down.? And I spent the day second-guessing whether I was doing the right thing! So, reckon it's worth kicking myself out of bed in future!

Lot more positive again today!

Remember, exercise is good, oversleeping is evil!!

Back