slimmer of the month?

P.s love the reference to the hour or clapping as been there in other meetings and describes it perfectly :)

I have a love/hate relationship with group. I love the people and the stories, but I thinks sometimes it does just drag on way too long going around the group and asking everyone. It's great to see people losing, but it could be done a bit quicker I think, I've had meetings last over 1.5hrs before!

Totally agree about the literature. Would be nice to be able to take something away from the meetings to help keep us on track.

From my perspective SW had a tried and tested format for groups that’s been rolled out for donkey’s years. These groups are a bit like wine, some new and some old, some great, some so-so and some definitely past their best. Now don’t get me wrong I know there are some die hard group attendees, love the consultant, love the group and all the friends they’ve made there and gain good advice and great support and that’s great. However, there is a growing number who get very little from a group. My experience...stampede to get weighed, wait ages to discuss everyone’s weight loss/gains “oh well done Sue you lost a pound, but never mind about the two pounds you put on Jane, but you must remember the syns in the 8 pints of lager and kebab at the weekend dear” etc. (Lets all clap now). Look at the several items on the table the consultant brings (the same items she brings every week)....go home. (Sorry I almost forgot, see who gets the brown manky bananas for slimmer of the week).

It’s hardly motivational and easy to see why so many are defecting from SW groups and going it alone at home or joining online. To me it was not value for money it was paying to get weighed, pure and simple. If you have a good group then you are very fortunate. I think SW is an excellent diet and would have no hesitation in recommending it but I think for a brand to remain competitive they need to keep their customers engaged and focused and this involves keeping up with customers demands and staying fresh and vibrant to the market, not trotting out the same old concepts in group year after year.

(No offence intended to any individual, this is just my personal opinion and it’s a bit like Marmite – you can take it or leave it)

Back