slimmer of the week and month

thelandlady

hiya everyone, i am not complaining myself but we have a lady at our slimming world meeting wins slimmer of the week most weeks and slimmer of the month for the last 2 months she has done brilliant and she has lost nearly 3 stone since june, i think some of the other members are getting fed up cos they don t win anything, how do they work it out who gets slimmer of the month.:eek:

Oh my God!!
I used to be that woman!
In our group sotm was won by who lost the most weight, but some ladies on here say theirs is worked out by ratio of loss to body weight (?) or something like that! Not sure how that works but seem to be a fair way of doing it or, as you say, the same person seem to win all the time.
In my case it was because I had sooo much to lose, I just lost more each week.
In the 16 weeks I went I got slimmer of the week 10 times, and slimmer of the month 3 times, so i'm sure that the ladies (secretly) hated me!
But I did lose 3st 8lb in those 16 weeks.

Slimmer of the Month is purely and simply the member of the group who has lost the most weight that month. The only calculation a consultant makes is if the member has their start week within that month, then the loss from that start week is halved (eg - if someone's loss IS 6lbs after their first week, it would be counted as 3lbs for the purpose of SOTM) but otherwise no formulas or other calcs involved I'm afraid. xxxx

% of body weight would definately be a fairer way to go imo. However, it is only a sticky at the end of the day - I wouldn't bother who got it personally as long as they deserved it. Though sometimes if I've had a good loss I leave early on purpose as you have to be there to get it but you get SOTM regardless if you have lost the most xx

Ho hum ...

Slimmer of the Month is purely and simply the member of the group who has lost the most weight that month. The only calculation a consultant makes is if the member has their start week within that month, then the loss from that start week is halved (eg - if someone's loss IS 6lbs after their first week, it would be counted as 3lbs for the purpose of SOTM) but otherwise no formulas or other calcs involved I'm afraid. xxxx

That's interesting - I don't think it happens that way in our group. I think it's just a weight loss, regardless of when you started.

I'm going to be a bit of a cat amongst the pigeons here, but, its only a wee award sticker and a basket of fruit/food.

I've won it twice in the past 6 weeks, but I dont feel guilty about it. I worked hard for my losses and I'm not saying everyone hasn't, but hey why shouldn't there be a wee award?

I don't sit there the other 4 weeks that I've been going lamenting I didnt get the sticky.

The important thing is everyone in the group is losing weight (hopefully) and that theres a supportive and warm group in place, anything else is just gravy.

there was someone like that at my group and it annoyed me but only because she NEVER brought in anything for the basket/tasters etc and then sat there waiting for it to be announced it was her! The weeks it wasn't her she had a right face on her.

On the xpressweigh its all worked out for the consultant and target members can still get the awards too, as 1 lady in my group got it a few weeks ago! She was well shocked as she thought she couldnt get it as a target member.

I agree it does seem to go against some of the principles of Slimming World - on the one hand SW promotes a sensible weight loss rate of an average of 1-2 pounds a week that can be sustained and maintained - on the other hand they reward you for large losses which would go against that.

But then, I've won it twice - on weeks when I've lost 1.5 and 2lbs - some weeks a small loss can be better than other people's in the group. One of those weeks though was when I moved groups and joined a brand new one - everyone else was new the previous week so ineligible for SOTW so I pretty much won by default - and there were about 4 pieces of fruit in the basket (one of them being the one I bought in).

In short - I dont think its a great system - but its not something I can get too het up about

It's simply the person who has lost the most weight that week providing they lost or sts the week before, and attended the group the week before.
It is correct that for SOTM if you have your first week in that month, the loss that week is halved.

I don't care who wins, if the same person wins each week then good on them! I have won SOTW before on losing a pound or two, it depends on what others have done the previous week.

I know larger ladies often lose more and win SOTW more often, but good on them for going to group I say!!

I did once win SOTW three weeks in a row - I don't think anyone minded. A couple of times I did give some stuff that I couldn't eat to other people - grapefruit, tinned tomatoes, baked beans.

I'll be honest I'd rather have say a stone to lose and lose 1-2lbs a week with no award than be in the situation I am now. I can lose 4lbs in a week and still have 50 odd to go. It's a long road. The SOTW sticker is just a wee sticker and doesn't detract from the fact I still have 50lbs exactly to lose. I'm most in envy (for lack of a better expression) of the people who "only" lose 1lb a week but are at my goal weight, I'd swap the awards for that any day, but its only me that can do that.

And I always bring in something for basket, sometimes a random item, once it was a banana holder to stop your banana getting bashed. :D. Ironically I won the SOTW basket that week, but I split it with the other girl who won too.

Snap!

hiya everyone, i am not complaining myself but we have a lady at our slimming world meeting wins slimmer of the week most weeks and slimmer of the month for the last 2 months she has done brilliant and she has lost nearly 3 stone since june, i think some of the other members are getting fed up cos they don t win anything, how do they work it out who gets slimmer of the month.:eek:
:break_diet:
I'm a man in a similar situation to this lady. I've won Slimmer of the Week 6 weeks running so far and Slimmer of the Month for September and I'm worried that people will start to resent me for it. But what can I do? I'm not going to deliberately put on weight to give someone else a chance and besides, I feel that I'm probably the most committed member of my group - a great bunch though they are - and am out jogging at 3:30 in the morning (yes, 3:30!) while they're all still in bed and I've spent several hours working out and typing up variations on my weekly diet based on the Slimming World guidelines. Part of me feels I deserve my prizes. This isn't meant to sound negative but I'm in a bit of a quandary. I suggested to the group leader that I vary the times of the meetings that I attend (they have four over the day) so that I'm not always "competing" against the same people. However, she pleaded with me not to, as "the girls would miss" me!

:break_diet:
I'm a man in a similar situation to this lady. I've won Slimmer of the Week 6 weeks running so far and Slimmer of the Month for September and I'm worried that people will start to resent me for it. But what can I do? I'm not going to deliberately put on weight to give someone else a chance and besides, I feel that I'm probably the most committed member of my group - a great bunch though they are - and am out jogging at 3:30 in the morning (yes, 3:30!) while they're all still in bed and I've spent several hours working out and typing up variations on my weekly diet based on the Slimming World guidelines. Part of me feels I deserve my prizes. This isn't meant to sound negative but I'm in a bit of a quandary. I suggested to the group leader that I vary the times of the meetings that I attend (they have four over the day) so that I'm not always "competing" against the same people. However, she pleaded with me not to, as "the girls would miss" me!

"I feel that I'm probably the most committed member of my group"

I feel you fully deserve those awards... Dont feel guilty about success. Probably the majority of attendees dont follow the plan on a sustained basis. Those that do lose it week in week out.

There's a thread on here "Honk if you were 100% today". I hit *nineteen weeks*. In those nineteen weeks i lost five stone. I remember winning slimmer of the month nine months in a row, and slimmer of the week twenty eight times i think. I even won a slimmer of the month while at target!

Ahh it really doesn't matter, I've been at slimming world for about 18 months and I think I've only won slimmer of the week 6 times and slimmer of the month 3 times! But look where I am now :) I always seem to see the people who win slimmer of the week regularly, don't come back after they've had a bad few weeks! Which is sad. As when they were committed they had really good losses obviously. That's just in my group though. Other places might be different!

Like someone one else said, it's really just a sticker and a basket of fruit, mostly battered fruit at that! Lol I do still take something nice every week though, like a punnet of nectarines or a bag of apples.

It's a shame if people are resentful of someone just because they are regularly SotW or SotM. Getting the courage to go to a group, stick at the plan and lose weight is hard enough without other people at your group making you feel bad for doing well.

Ahh it really doesn't matter, I've been at slimming world for about 18 months and I think I've only won slimmer of the week 6 times and slimmer of the month 3 times! But look where I am now :) I always seem to see the people who win slimmer of the week regularly, don't come back after they've had a bad few weeks! Which is sad. As when they were committed they had really good losses obviously. That's just in my group though. Other places might be different!

Like someone one else said, it's really just a sticker and a basket of fruit, mostly battered fruit at that! Lol I do still take something nice every week though, like a punnet of nectarines or a bag of apples.

I have to say with all honesty, a couple of bad weeks at the beginning would have thrown me right off also. I remember the first week i had a gain, it shook me a bit, but it was in week 40. I couldnt complain!

Seeing as in doing sw from home i can be slimmer of the week every week ;-)

x

This is quite an old thread. I agree with the above. I can call myself slimmer of the week every week and slimmer of the month every month. Then I win the contents of my fruit bowl. Which is usually some apples after my husband and daughter have eaten the good stuff

"I feel that I'm probably the most committed member of my group"

I feel you fully deserve those awards... Dont feel guilty about success. Probably the majority of attendees dont follow the plan on a sustained basis. Those that do lose it week in week out.

There's a thread on here "Honk if you were 100% today". I hit *nineteen weeks*. In those nineteen weeks i lost five stone. I remember winning slimmer of the month nine months in a row, and slimmer of the week twenty eight times i think. I even won a slimmer of the month while at target!

:0clapper:Thanks for your kind words, Gazter. And well done on your astonishing weight loss of 127.5 pounds!

Back