SLIMMER OF THE WEEK BASKET...how does your class fill it?

Ours is usually fruit (surprising mounts of citrus fruit!!) and this week there was a dodgy pear, a dodgy satsuma and a dodgy orange....but other than that it was all in good nick. Someone threw in a fat free activia but we are in a part of the country that has a lot of regular markets, so fruit is often reasonably priced and good quality!

I didn't win it, but my housemate did...so I've been a-munching her winnings!

I always used to take pots of fresh herbs along to my class for the basket. I did cheat though and grow my own as they are expensive from the supermarket, but growing your own is soooo cheap and was always appreciated.

Mostly fruit, pasta, and we sometimes have a "treat" put in ours, a small single chocholate bar Curly Wurly (6 syns),low cal jelly 1/2 syn, has anyone tried to chocholate sprinkle Mullerlights yet (2 syns) or Limited Edition Yogurt, Lemon Cheesecake Mullerlight Limited Edition Yogurt, Lemon Cheesecake (1 syn), they are good value (4 for £1.00 in Sainsbury and Morrisons at the moment) and are great for the basket, and YUMMY

Ours seems to be the same fruit that had been won the week before !!!!!!!! So evident when there are only 6 of us in our group x

so your expecting a baby and going to slimming world?

As far as I am aware Slimming World is the only eating plan recommended by midwifes. Whilst the aim is not to lose weight it is a good way of getting a balanced diet and remembering you don't actually have to eat for two.

we have mainly fruit in our basket sometimes bars if people forget there fruit. to be honest i think fruit boasts your weightloss but i do find after winning sow i am more relax and don't try as hard that week probably why your sow put on not the basket.

as for wine u did know Lambrini Light is only 12.5 for whole bottle 2.5 per 142ml glass

Our SOW basket HAS to be all syn free items, and nothing that needs refridgeration, like yogurts.

Ours only occasionally contains fresh fruit and vegetables, it is mainly tinned and packet items, such as baked beans, tomatoes, green beans, carrots, 1% fat Mug Shots, low fat noodles, pasta, cans of tuna or other fish etc, etc.

We now always keep a tin or two in the car in case we forget on the night. The only week we forgot, I was not allowed to buy Scan Bran or Hi-Fi bars to put in because of their syns - and, believe it or not, I actually WON it that week!!! Those were the days....

Oh noooo, i thought te muller lite `sprinkles` were free!

If i dont loose weight this week, I will know why!!
:sigh:

we used to have anything free or low synned in our basket then consultant came back from her meeting to tell us it was changing back to the way it used to be and fruit only in the basket as the idea of that is every time you walk past the fruit bowl to go looking for snacks you grab fruit instead and its better for you and speeds up weightloss

I used to like the way the baskets were done before with pretty much anything in them that was free or low syns as it was a way of trying new things you wouldn't normally buy cos they come in big packets etc. I suppose you could do this on a fruit only basket if you put the more exotic fruits in.

Back