• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Slimmers bread-and-butter-custard dessert... or breakfast!

Hello All!

I know this sounds nuts, but I LOVE IT! I have quite a sweet tooth and regularly have this as a sweet cereal. Alternatively it makes a great dessert that reminds me of bread and butter custard pudding!

Sainsburys Breakfast Wholewheat Basic Biscuits (63p for 24!)
Small handful of raisins or sultanas
Alpro Soya vanilla flavoured milk

Pour a SMALL amount of milk over the biscuits, leaving them in a shallow puddle. Leave them for 5 minutes. It sounds crazy, but after a few minutes almost all the milk should be absorbed and the biscuits should be soft but still retain their form, giving them a "bready" (as in, bread and butter custard) taste. Sprinkle a handful of the fruit over the top. Enjoy!

If I'm having this for breakfast, I have 2 biscuits. If I just fancy a little dessert after a meal, I have 1, which is even less cals!

2 x Wheat biscuits = 101 calories (as per Sainsbury's website)
100ml vanilla milk = 62 calories
Sprinkling of raisins/sultanas = 30 calories
TOTAL = 193

PLUS! It's WHOLEWHEAT, with vitamins (from the biscuits), added calcium and low in saturated fat (from the milk), and it puts you on your way to 5 a day!
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
This is getting made tomorrow! I don't have any of the ingredients though. May have to improvise with weetabix, milk and vanilla extract lol!