Slimming and Saving Money

Bella30

Silver Member
Hi All

I've only been doing my diet for 2 weeks but already noticed that I'm saving money now I have a structure to follow.

Bringing my own food to work for lunch = i don't 'pop to the shops' for a quick sandwich = I don't stock up on chocolate and other rubbish I used to get = I don't binge = I'm not constantly going out in my car = I'm not wasting my petrol = I don't go home feeling full and emotional = feeling happier = improving my health and my financial situation at the same time!!

I think I could get used to this! :D

I totally agree with you hun :)
Slimming world has taught me lots of nice new habits.
One of my main ones is that I write out a food planner for the week then I do a shop online and order in the foods for the meals i've got written down aswell as some fruits/yogurts.

Also I take walks to the shops instead of driving and have even saved money by doing fitness workouts at home now.

I have been putting any old clothes/shoes/bags on ebay too and saving the money for things like a nice syn free meat order from Joe's Sausages :)

I love Slimming World! xxx

well i have heard that healthy unprocessed foods work out cheaper...my problem is making myself like those foods..i am so greedy

good luck to you

Hi All

I've only been doing my diet for 2 weeks but already noticed that I'm saving money now I have a structure to follow.

Bringing my own food to work for lunch = i don't 'pop to the shops' for a quick sandwich = I don't stock up on chocolate and other rubbish I used to get = I don't binge = I'm not constantly going out in my car = I'm not wasting my petrol = I don't go home feeling full and emotional = feeling happier = improving my health and my financial situation at the same time!!

I think I could get used to this! :D

Not to mention all that extra energy you are using up while polishing your halo!

No, I am only teasing you. You are absolutely getting this right. It is so easy to spend money almost without realising it.

Whenever I drive home, I immediately put my car in the garage and lock it up. Then, if I think to myself later - "oh, I could just pop out for . . ." - I find I can't be bothered to get the car out of the garage again. If I had just left it outside, I would probably be off to the shops!

When I retired, obviously I was on a lower income and had to be careful, but I found I was saving quite a bit because I was no longer commuting - not just the cost of the season ticket, but the vast number of various temptations available in every railway station! Plus of course takeaway sandwiches, drinks. And the occasional taxi. It all added up to a quite astonishing amount.

When I retired, obviously I was on a lower income and had to be careful, but I found I was saving quite a bit because I was no longer commuting - not just the cost of the season ticket, but the vast number of various temptations available in every railway station! Plus of course takeaway sandwiches, drinks. And the occasional taxi. It all added up to a quite astonishing amount.

Absolutely agree. I haven't actually retired yet (got another 15 months to go - can't wait!) but have been on long term sick leave for nearly a year.

I've certainly saved a lot a money since I haven't been at work, even though I used to take my own lunch. I do a monthly food plan and mainly stick to it, with the occasional swop around or changes because of particularly good deals.

I still shop weekly but know what I need to buy from my meal plan. Have to buy fruit, veg, milk weekly so may as well do most of the rest weekly as well. Only thing I buy monthly is joints, as both Asda and Tesco do 3 for £10 deals and I can stretch most to 3 meals each, sometimes 4. I also have much more time to spend in the kitchen cooking than I had when I was working full time.

Sorry for the long post.

Denise

I had to think about this for a while as it seemed to cost me a lot more!

Especially stocking up the store cupboard. Then I found I would food shop 2-3 times per week as I want fresh food - especially fruit and veg, salad etc.

Then there was the SW subs, recipe books, magazine etc. - quite a sum.

Then I realised, all the money I was spending was on food, real food, fresh food. I was not spending best part of £5 a day on junk, crisps and pop and work, several takeaways per week, grabbing a sandwich or snack here and there - they all added up.

Can't deny spending a small fortune on new skinnier clothing though:D

Life ain't easy haha

Steve

I totally agree with you hun :)
Slimming world has taught me lots of nice new habits.
One of my main ones is that I write out a food planner for the week then I do a shop online and order in the foods for the meals i've got written down aswell as some fruits/yogurts.

Also I take walks to the shops instead of driving and have even saved money by doing fitness workouts at home now.

I have been putting any old clothes/shoes/bags on ebay too and saving the money for things like a nice syn free meat order from Joe's Sausages :)

I love Slimming World! xxx

I find writing everything down really helps me too which is why I have a diary on here. It's also good because if I'm doing anything wrong, other people can let me know and help me out. I like your ebay idea - now that's definitely an incentive! xx p.s your wedding photos are lovely xx

well i have heard that healthy unprocessed foods work out cheaper...my problem is making myself like those foods..i am so greedy

good luck to you

It definitely works out cheaper. I made coleslaw for the first time this weekend. All the ingredients came to less than £3 and made loads. I still have more to make too. The processed variety is definitely off my shopping list now!!

Taking lunch to work definately saves me loads! And I fill my lunchbox with leftovers and stray bits that are roaming around the fridge, so there's much less wastage too.

Fresh fruit and veg aren't always cheap, but plan carefully, buy what's in season and use your local markets and you save loads!

I find writing everything down really helps me too which is why I have a diary on here. It's also good because if I'm doing anything wrong, other people can let me know and help me out. I like your ebay idea - now that's definitely an incentive! xx p.s your wedding photos are lovely xx

I love planning out my meals, It keeps me in control of the plan and our money spent on food too. I tend to write out my menu on a weds evening/Thurs morning as thats when my new week starts.
I then jot down any foods I need to buy but also try to use up everything I've got stocked in the kitchen.

My last ebay items I sold I used some of the money to treat myself to some syn free burgers/sausages/marinated meats from Joe's sausages online as they now accept paypal :)

Thank you for your nice comments about my photos. Looking back at the thread I didnt even put the nicest ones on lol! xxx

Back