Slimming Down Under

emmag2508

I've just restarted SW for the first time since moving to Australia so to keep me on track I'm going to write my food diary and progress on here. As I'm not in the UK I can't make it to the weekly SW meeting (which I used to love) so am hoping that everyone on here will keep me on track!
I like to mix up my days so will usually have a mix of green, red and extra easy during the week, although I do prefer green and red as I can have my 2 A and B choices!
So, here's my diary so far this week:

Monday: (red)
Breakfast - Magic porridge (B)- 28g of porridge with berries and yoghurt
Lunch - Tuna wrapped in lettuce, 1 slice wholemeal bread (B), banana and a Freddo bar (5 syns)
Dinner - Pork meatballs and Veg with Hex A of cheese
Snacks/extras - Apple, curly wurly (6 syn), FF yoghurt, milk for tea/coffee

Tuesday: (green)
Breakfast - Magic porridge (B)- 28g of porridge with berries and yoghurt
Lunch - Couscous salad, banana
Dinner - Tomato and basil risotto
Snacks - Weetabix and milk (A & B), apple, 3 lindt chocolate balls (12), FF yoghurt

Emma x

Wednesday:
Breakfast - magic porridge (B), yoghurt and berries
Lunch - couscous salad, banana, packet of corn crunch (6 syns)
Dinner - sweet potato, tuna and salad
Snacks - apple, cheese (A), plums, Freddo bar (5), sugar free sweets (2)

Lots of water and Rooibos tea today too.

Thursday
Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HexB), ff yog and berries
Lunch - tuna lettuce wraps, carrots, peppers, banana
Dinner - chicken stir fry with sweet chili sauce (1.5syns) brown rice and green veggies
Snacks/other - ferrero rocher (3.5syns), apple, 3 glasses of red wine (18 syns), popcorn (5.5 syns), 42g reduced fat cheese (hexA)

Friday
Breakfast - 35g porridge (hexB), ff yog and berries
Lunch - banana, ff yog, apple
Dinner - syn free chilli, rice, salad
Snacks - shortbread (8 syns)
Milk for hot drinks used as hexA

So, here we go, new year and back on the wagon.
Tuesday: (green day)
Breakfast - Magic porridge (HexB) with FF yoghurt and berries
Lunch - Cous cous and pumpkin salad with feta cheese (HexA), aldi chicken popcorn (2.5syns) and nectarine
Dinner - Sweet potatoes, beans (3syns - baked beans have to be synned here :( ) and low fat cheese (HexB). Watermelon and kiwi fruit salad
Snacks - 2 sugar free sweets (1syn)
Rice milk used in 2 hot drinks (part of HexA)

Lots of water drank and started back with the running tonight. Doing the couch to 5K again, only on week 3 but even after a week and a half break over christmas it still felt good! Finished off with 100 sit-ups on exercise ball, 20 press-ups and some dumbbell work. Feeling very motivated, fingers crossed it continues!

Thanks Val, fingers crossed that target isn't too far off! The Aldi popcorn's great isn't it, I'm a bit of a crisp fiend so it's a great replacement. Magic porridge is when you mix a yoghurt (and frozen fruit if you like) into your porridge oats and leave it overnight in the fridge ready for breakfast. Works great here as I love my porridge but it's far too warm to eat it the normal way at the moment!! How's your new year going so far? xx

Wednesday:
Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HexB), yoghurt and watermelon
Lunch - couscous and pumpkin salad with feta (hexA), nectarine
Dinner - meatballs, spaghetti and veg
Snacks - 2 sf sweets (1 syn), carrot sticks and syn free houmous, 2 ferrero rocher (7 syns), aldi popcorn (2.5 syns)

Went for a swim after work today and drank tonnes of water and Rooibos tea, trying to cut down on the caffeine a bit!

mmmm... that sounds yum - might give that a go tonight for tomorrow - am looking forward to that already!!! New year so far is going really well - am very motivated and am finding sticking to the plan easy - long may that continue!!! Although was supposed to be on the wii this evening on my new zumba game, but have been on minimins all evening and all of a sudden its gone 9.30 - ooops!! Not to worry, will play it tomorrow and then go to stepclass in the afternoon for a double whammy!

How bout you??

It is yummy and very filling, I put frozen berries, grated apple or banana in mine too as I tend to use plain ff yoghurt rather than the flavoured ones (have started making my own yoghurt to try and make it a bit cheaper!!)
All going really well so far, feeling very motivated and taking full advantage of the weather to get the exercise in outdoors. I'm not drinking alcohol this month (well until Australia day at least) so hopefully that'll have an impact too!
Where abouts are you based? Have you been over here long?

Will have been here 3 years in April - we are about an hour outside of canberra in a little country town of about 5,000 people - some would say in the middle of nowhere - but a great place to bring up kids! My OH works on the railway and we had to go where we were sent - but on the bright side the railway paid all our expenses to get here. We are going to give it another year here and then re-assess, OH is looking at jobs in WA - as thats where the money is. How bout you, what brought you here, and how are you and your family finding it???

I bet it's lovely down there Val, I had a drive out to the Kangaroo valley last week and the scenery is just gorgeous once you get out of the city! I always wanted to work abroad and the time just seemed right. Came over on my own but my sister was living here when I first arrived so that made everything easier. She's gone back to the uk now but I'm loving it here, can see myself being here for a few years, maybe longer, just got my sponsorship visa granted today so all good for the next 4 years!! There seems to be loads of work in WA, I have a couple of friends in Perth, am going to go and visit them next month, can't wait!! Have you seen much of the country since you've been here??

Thursday:
Breakfast - magic porridge and grated apple, 1 ryvita and nutella (2 syns)
Lunch - couscous salad and feta (hexA), popcorn (2.5 syns)
Dinner - fish, brown rice and veg. Ff yoghurt with berry topping (2syns)
Snacks - nectarine, watermelon and kiwi, Ferraro rocher (3.5 syns)

Bike ride to and then around the local park, lots of water today too.

Congratulations on the visa - we originally came out on a 4yr visa and got PR in Feb. My aussie sight-seeing experiences are honestly shocking!! Have been to Sydney and Canberra quite a bit and to a few different places on the NSW coast, Batemans bay, Shell Harbour, went to the snow last year and am going to Merimbula in a few weeks, but thats about it. For the first year my OH had to retrain (despite 18 years experience on the railway he needed aussie qualifications) so he was off around nsw on courses and I was stuck here with the kids. Last year my best friend in uk got married so we put off our planned trip to QLD to go to UK, but we will be doing that next January 2013. Also will be going to Merimbula via the Snowy Mountain Highway through Cooma, so am looking forward to that - no snow this time of year though lol! OH is talking bout buying a tent so we can see more and not blow the budget!!!

Sounds like you've seen a fair bit so far Val, I really want to go to the snowy mountains once winter arrives. I've booked a flight to Perth next month to visit some friends over there so looking forward to that, I've heard that the west coast is quite different to the east coast. I bought a tent a few weeks ago ($26 on eBay!!), haven't used it yet but it's good to know that it's there when I want to and for $26 I couldn't say no!!

Friday:
Breakfast - 2 weetabix (HexB) and rice milk (HexA), ff yog and fruit squirt topping (2 syns)
Lunch - 4 ryvita (Hex B), chicken, popcorn (2.5syns) and nectarine
Dinner - chicken stuffed with light philly (with added garlic and herbs) wrapped in bacon, pumpkin chips and courgettes stuffed with light philly and jalapeno peppers
Snacks- papaya, popcorn (2.5syns), ferrero rocher (3.5 syns)

Back