Slimming for my wedding :-)

Aww thanks for the tip. We have no food in the house though at all. :-(
im in bed watching tv. I'm pretty miserable, but it's that or McDonald's!! So I'm hiding. Xxx

Hi Lavinia,

I'm slimming for my wedding too :) Sounds like you're doing really well - it is so tough and I'm sorry to hear your miserable - that's how I feel at the weekends too :( OH is also sat with a takeaway pizza lol Keep it up tho :) xxx

Awww! Well drink loads of water to help to make you feel full.
Think I'll go to bed early, soooooooooo tired today!

Goodnight lovely :) xxx

It's tough. But hopefully tomorrow will be better. I shall stay up here nice ad warm with my water and iPad. It will all be worth it in the end!

Yay I survived the night, and got a nice long lay in this morning, which was much needed. Phew.

I hope today it better, and I hope these hungry days disappear sharpish!

Hi Lavinia,

I'm slimming for my wedding too :) Sounds like you're doing really well - it is so tough and I'm sorry to hear your miserable - that's how I feel at the weekends too :( OH is also sat with a takeaway pizza lol Keep it up tho :) xxx

ooh weddings are so exciting :) I see yours is in July, so a lot sooner than mine. Are you starting to finish all the little bits now? I've still got so much left to do but November seems ages away, but I know it will fly by!

Well I'm starving again. Please someone tell me this is normal and will get better? It's day 10 and the last 3 days have been horrific. It's really hard not to go and stuff my face. I want to lose weight but I am just so hungry. It's making me want to cry. :-(

Well I'm starving again. Please someone tell me this is normal and will get better? It's day 10 and the last 3 days have been horrific. It's really hard not to go and stuff my face. I want to lose weight but I am just so hungry. It's making me want to cry. :-(

Okay, is your TOTM due within the next week? I was starving hungry for a week before it! Even more hungry than before I got in to ketosis - I am hoping this doesn't happen every month!

Which packs are you eating per day? Are you having your allowance of veggies? Are you drinking enough water?

I found that if I was that hungry, I had to have a little more. If it was just a boiled egg (0.5g carbs), or a bowl of salad, it did the trick.

As long as you stay </= 800 cals per day, you'll lose weight.

Even if you eat </= 1,000 cals per day, you'll lose weight.

This is a very strict diet, and can be tough on the mind and body, so if you need to, have a little extra.

Who wants to be thin and miserable? Certainly not me!

I've been having extra the last few days, due to the surge in hunger, and it hasn't affected me in the slightest. It is impossible to eat </= 1,000 cals per day and NOT lose weight.

So, if you need to eat a little more, don't be hard on yourself. I asked S&S about this, and they basically said, as long as I kept my carbs low I would be okay.
Then I set about researching, and it's correct.

Hope that helps - don't be miserable, if you need a little something more, have it. And don't feel guilty, because it's not cheating if you choose high protein, low carb foods!

xxx

Thanks for replying Nat

I had my TOTM at the start of the diet so it's not that.

I drink loads of water, always have done. I usually have shake for breakfast, shake or soup for lunch and a meal pack with my allowed veg and bar for supper.

Ive come extremely close to giving in tonight. Had a cry with my OH and I've just say and eaten some salad with some wafer thin chicken. Not ideal but it was something in my belly. If tomorrow is as bad as this again then I don't know what I am going to do. I'm quite annoyed as I did my week and it went well do I thought I will go for the month and ever since it has been an up hill battle. I need it to get even a tiny bit easier or I will give up.
I know it's not meant to be easy, but I thought I would at least get a little easier :-(

ooh weddings are so exciting :) I see yours is in July, so a lot sooner than mine. Are you starting to finish all the little bits now? I've still got so much left to do but November seems ages away, but I know it will fly by!

Hey hun! Sort of getting there with prep yes - altho so much to do! Everytime I tick something off the list, another thing goes on!

I see ur struggling hun:( It really is tough and I know exactly what you're saying. Are you tracking your packs on the meal planner? Depending on your combination of packs you could possibly not be in ketosis especially as people can have different levels of carbs to remain in ketosis (some up to 70g and some maybe just 50g). Just a suggestion though - some of the packs have loads of carbs in like the spaghetti bolognaise and i think the porridge? I try to avoid these now because I am really sensitive to carbs. Bless you u sound so miserable. I've had a good cry on this diet before too esp in my first week - I know that everyone says that once you're past day 3 its easier but tbh I've always found I need at least 7-8 days to properly get into it. NatM70s suggestions are great though and she is totally right :D Blimming well done for having just salad and ham when u feel so hungry and SO miserable. That shows a lot of willpower. Go with Nat's (hope that's your name, and hi btw! :rolleyes:) suggestions and have extra protein - eggs, chicken or something high protein, low carbs and don't worry about it. You have plenty of time to lose 3 st and I know you want to do it quickly but give yourself a break! You're doing SO well and you don't need to panic about losing the weight super quickly :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much :) I'm in bed now which is my safe zone and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

I will probably have a look on the meal planner but to be honest the whole reason I liked to idea about this diet was for no tracking. I can't be bothered with messing about tracking my food all the time, but it might be worth having a little play about so I know for future.

I just need to keep taking it one day at a time. I only want to do this diet for 12 weeks in total and then I am going to go back onto weight watchers and join my old fave gym and get fit for the wedding. I miss my body combat and pump classes.

One day at a time. When I wake up tomorrow I will be on day 11, with 73 days left to go. Just one day at a time.

Hi Lavinia & Hiya My Cat :)

For some reason, and I do not know why (yet!), but starting this diet or any VLCD during your TOTM is not advised. I am now wondering if this has delayed ketosis. I will look in to this and let you know.

What you had was actually ideal! I promise, it will not affect this diet.

I am actually going to have one day per week where I go over 1,000 cals to trick my body out of 'starvation mode' and boost my metabolism.
The last two days, I've hovered around the 800 cal mark - I know I will carry on losing weight, but I am not prepared to feel ill and miserable whilst doing so, so if I need to eat a bit more, I will do.

Weeks 1 & 2 are apparently the hardest. Many people think week 1 is the hardest, but from everything I've read, week 2 is actually harder. If you can get through this 2nd week, I am sure things will get better.

Stick with it, and like I said, if you want a bit more, have a bit more! It won't make the slightest difference!
When I first started this, I was a slave to the diet, but to be honest, I want to live my life too, so I am now ruling this diet, rather than it ruling me.

My Cat is spot on - use the meal planner, it's so easy to use, and you can keep an eye on carbs, and it's the carbs you need to keep an eye on, no matter what anyone says!

As long as you keep the carbs low, and the cals below 1,000, you WILL lose weight, and if you need some more, eat it! It will not hurt!
I couldn't carry on if it was making me miserable, so I chose to have extra if I needed it - that way I am happy and still losing weight!

I figure it will help with the refeed and maintenance stage too!

My Cat has plenty of great suggestions, and yes, that's my name lol!! :)

Stick with it - have more if/when you need to. If you don't want to go online to the meal planner, have a look at each pack you have and make a quick note of the carbs so you can tot up at the end of the day. The carb part is really important!

Don't beat yourself up - I've had some miserable days too, but I pushed through with the help of a bit more 'allowed' food! I don't feel guilty, I feel happy!
It really is impossible NOT to lose weight, even if you eat more!

Yep, one day at a time. Wake up tomorrow knowing that if you are hungry, it's okay to have more :)

Hope we've helped you feel a little better. That's what we're all here for :) xxx

You really have, thank you :) I just looked online and I am fine and well within carbs and calories too. I will try bad keep note.

Right, sleep time now, up at 6 for work in the morning :-(

Thanks again to both of you, you really have helped me tonight :) xxx

Hi Lavinia and Nat!

How you both doing today?

x

I'm good thanks, hope you are too?

Fed up tho - snow! Supposed to be out by now but can't go anywhere until this goes, arrgghh!!

Hope you're okay?

xxx

You really have, thank you :) I just looked online and I am fine and well within carbs and calories too. I will try bad keep note.

Right, sleep time now, up at 6 for work in the morning :-(

Thanks again to both of you, you really have helped me tonight :) xxx

Good Morning lovely :)

Glad you're feeling a little better. Just keep on posting on here, we'll keep you motivated!
And remember, eat more if you need to - no point making yourself feel ill or miserable. As long as carbs are low, you'll be fine.

Chin up lovely, this is just a blip, you'll get through it!

Have a good day :) xxx

Oh yes. Ive been ridiculously hungry the past few days too and Ive had an extra egg today. i will have another one later if I feel I need it but I think I will be ok til dinner tonight. You have to make this work for you or you wont continue...no one could if it caused so much misery. we want to lose weight and we shouldnt have to suffer ridiculously to do that!! lol So as theyve said, as long as you watch your carbs, feel free to have extra high protein stuff. !!

Chin up, chickadee, we are all here doing this with you! x :)

You are doing great. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you xox

Hi and thank you Julzie :) It has been ok so far but I have been at work!! How are you?

Hi Lavinia and Nat!

How you both doing today?

x

not doing too bad, thanks for asking. I think it's important to make sure if I need extra I eat it, and not to use the feelings of it being hard as an excuse to quit. So thanks for all the help and advise :) Today is better, but it helps being at work for 7.5 hours and run off my feet!! The hardwork is now I am home! Hope you are well, well done on the loss :)

Good Morning lovely :)

Glad you're feeling a little better. Just keep on posting on here, we'll keep you motivated!
And remember, eat more if you need to - no point making yourself feel ill or miserable. As long as carbs are low, you'll be fine.

Chin up lovely, this is just a blip, you'll get through it!

Have a good day :) xxx

You are so right :) Thank you so much! I will continue to post here as you are all so supportive and helpful. When I was tempted to give in yesterday I made myself post and kept checking back to see if anyone was about. The posts that I read from you all stopped me in my tracks and made me realise that this is normal but also not to feel guilty for having my salad extra. Hope you had a good day too, hope you are dancing about in those jeans?! X

Oh yes. Ive been ridiculously hungry the past few days too and Ive had an extra egg today. i will have another one later if I feel I need it but I think I will be ok til dinner tonight. You have to make this work for you or you wont continue...no one could if it caused so much misery. we want to lose weight and we shouldnt have to suffer ridiculously to do that!! lol So as theyve said, as long as you watch your carbs, feel free to have extra high protein stuff. !!

Chin up, chickadee, we are all here doing this with you! x :)

Thanks for the following Hun! It's nice to have another supporter, this place is really great and gives so much support. I am very thankful for everyone. You all keep in on track and accountable. X

Back