Slimming World Awards Ceremony

Just back from Birmingham where we (me, my consultant sister, and her daughter) went to the Slimming World Awards ceremony and dinner last night.

Great night out - loads of people, all dressed up to the nines, with lovely dresses. Talk about "glittering occasion" - I reckon you could have seen the shine from the sequins from outer space!

The ten finalists for Woman of the Year had lost 110 stone between them! The winner was Harriet Jenkins who had lost an unbelievable 14 stone since May 2009 - but how they chose between the finalists I just don't know because they were all amazing.

The celebrity was Justin Lee Collins, who was OK - most of the consultants, who had met him in the afternoon for their photo session, thought he was wonderful, but he didn't do a lot for me.

Then there was dinner - oh dear me, definitely not a SW dinner!! But it was delicious. The star dish was definitely the dessert - hot chocolate fondant pudding with icecream and chocolate sauce and raspberries.

Those of you who are fans of Masterchef will know how many people on that programme have got the timing for chocolate fondant wrong, and how difficult it is. So I just can't imagine the organisation that went into producing perfect chocolate fondants for 1500 people!

After the dinner there was a band and dancing, until well past midnight when we all wandered back to our hotels.

One disappointment - we didn't sing "You'll never walk alone" this year. Every year I have been in the past we have all sung it, holding hands in the air and waving our arms and trying to pretend we aren't crying at the end, but this year there was some other song that I didn't really know, and it was not the same at all. So I hope that next year they bring it back!

It sounds like you had a lovely time. The pictures are great. I'd love to go and see what it's like oneday.:D

Great pictures.

Thanks !!

Sounds fantastic. Glad you had a good night.

Great Photos! Dresses are beautiful, what a fabulous collection and don't all the women look fabulous...real natural beauties.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful night with us that was a real treat:)

I don't think they cover the event, as such, in the magazine, because it is really for consultants, rather than members (I only get to go because my sister is a consultant).

But they will be mentioning the award winners. And there will be pictures of the event in the consultants' magazine so you could always ask yours if you could have a peek!

It all looks lovely, and you all look really smiley in your photo xx

Back