• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Slimming world & exercise

Hello! What are my fellow-slimmers thoughts/experiences on following SW whilst exercising? Do you find the number on the scales goes up/stays the same, but you fit in your clothes better?

Should I lose weight, then start exercising/toning up? Or should I still follow the plan but exercise and ignore the number on the scales and only take measurements?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

upndown

Gold Member
S: 12st11lb C: 10st10.5lb G: 10st0.5lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 2st0.5lb(15.92%)
I think it's a good idea to exercise as well as following SW - on their website SW encourage members to exercise to tone up and increase our metabolism so we'll burn more energy & improve our health.

I'm not consistent with my exercise routines but when I do any form of exercise regularly - I find I feel better in myself, stick to the diet better cos I don't want to 'spoil' my exercise effort and love it when I look more toned - so why don't I exercise consistently - laziness I guess!

I think we have to do lots on strenuous activity over a long period of time to build up so much muscle that we gain weight - I'm not in that league! SW also say that regular exercise suppresses our appetites too!