Slimming World Food Range!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisyboo

Dont know if this is old news or not, but I was talking to my consultant last night about my M&S Fuller Longer fiasco and she mentioned that apparently there is a SW food range in the process of being developed and should be out this year at some point!

There was a range developed a while agoa that would have been frozen and delivered to your door from HO but that was scrapped. (apparently the guy that was working with them on it left and then went to M&S and the Fuller Longer range is very similar to the range SW were working on apart from the M&S range is higher in fat!! which explains why I thought it sounded as though the meals should have been SW friendly!)

So ears to the ground, will update if she drops any other news!!

I do remember SW trialling a range of ready meals "down south" some years back but they decided not to go ahead with it.
I'm not a fan..... there is so much food which is free on SW that I don't see a need for ready meals. There are free ready meals available from other ranges anyway.
However, from a marketing point of view, it's a licence for them to print money because they would obviously sell!

This would be great when you want something quick and easy without having to check syns and stuff. Just pick it up, know exactly if it's R/G/EE and the values if not free. Bung it in the microwave and enjoy a hassle free plan friendly meal.

I think I must be in a debating mood today too, haha. Isn't the point of SW partly to encourage us away from processed foods and into a healthy way of cooking with fresh ingredients? How does a ready meal range fit into that?

We were told that too new hi fi bars £1.95ish for 4 in a pack something deluxe or luxury i cant remember sound nice though but maybe a little expensive. depends on your budget i suppose.

I think it's great - i remember the SW meals - didn't have a lot of them, but as you say, very handy when you are in a hurry (and fancy something other than a jp and beans ;~).

And also nice to have some choice.

And it's convenient!! Yay - what a brilliant concept that is! lol

And another thing... let's give WW a run for their money!! lol

OK... that's enough from me.

Lx

I think I must be in a debating mood today too, haha. Isn't the point of SW partly to encourage us away from processed foods and into a healthy way of cooking with fresh ingredients? How does a ready meal range fit into that?

That's what I was thinking, hardly supporting the SW principles!

I guess SW will always be a business, and if they can make more money then they will!

I think it's just jumping on the bandwagon (WW, Diet Chef etc) even Rosemary Conley has her own ready meals! Kerching for them all sigh. Personally I prefer cooking my own (well I am a chef lol!) xx

my consultant said that the new hi-fi bars are going to be belgium chocolate flavour...but didnt mention them being any more expensive

Personally I have always been very anti SW producing their own range of meals. I think it has potential to lead to a conflict of interest - are their priorities to sell ready meals or promote a healthy, balanced diet. I'm not saying that the odd ready meal is not compatible with a healthy diet but I have seen far too many people on WW rely entirely on WW branded meals. And I know that's not what WW promotes but some people will go for the 'easy' option if it is available.

Last edited:
i too think this is the wrong way to go SW to me is all about cooking fresh and not eating loads of processed food. If i want convenience how about a couple of eggs in an omlette?

But you can do that with a jacket spud and baked beans;-)

In a debating mood today......

Well I'm in a debating mood too and I'll fight anybody! ;)

This was the answer I got when I (foolishly) asked why SW doesn't have a range of food like WW do.

As above, it kind of defeats the whole SW ethos of you being in charge and all food being there to be enjoyed and optimised.

Besides, it will still contain e-numbers and preservatives and be overpriced for what it is.

:p

Surely if one has to compromise one's standards (hark at me, a Gateshead lad no less) then freezing your own masterpieces and re-heating at leisure has to be the best ready meal ever invented.

Last edited:
My consultant said the new 'chocolate deluxe' ones are going to be £1.95 for a pack of 4.

She did also say she didn't think they were anything special. She said the chocolate orange one was more chocolatey!

Everything contains E numbers!!! A lot of them are fully natural (like plant chlorophylls and vitamin C... ;)

I think it would v helpful to have that option, something that feels more "proper" than a packet of supernoodles when I have had chaos at work and need to EAT NOW and can't face another jacket and beans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back