Slimming World Girl

Can I ask, is your friend slim??

Hi! Well done for what you and your mum have achieved so far.

It seems that everytime I see my friends they are trying to feed me. Last year I lost 20lbs on slimming world and all I got was people nagging me to drink alcohol on nights out and get kebabs. I rejoined last week and already they are at it again so I know how it feels. If your friends don't support your efforts it's because of their own insecurities, stick to your guns and do not feel guilty about it. I really don't understand it though, if my friends wanted to lose weight I'd support them.

Best of luck xxx

Can I ask, is your friend slim??

She's not fat but I wouldn't call her thin either...she's probably the one who weighs the most below me in our circle of friends

Hi! Well done for what you and your mum have achieved so far.

It seems that everytime I see my friends they are trying to feed me. Last year I lost 20lbs on slimming world and all I got was people nagging me to drink alcohol on nights out and get kebabs. I rejoined last week and already they are at it again so I know how it feels. If your friends don't support your efforts it's because of their own insecurities, stick to your guns and do not feel guilty about it. I really don't understand it though, if my friends wanted to lose weight I'd support them.

Best of luck xxx

Well done for losing the 20lbs! I get what you mean...some of my friends have said that they've wanted to lose weight and i've been there for them to encourage them I can't understand why they wouldn't be supportive of me. I just need to learn not to cave to the peer pressure :) At the moment i'm trying to avoid situations where I'd have to drink because I really am seeing alcohol in a way where it offers me no benefits. Its not nutritionally beneficial and drinking it just makes me feel horrible so I'm trying to avoid it so I have said no to several nights out because I know they'll lead to food aswell :/ oh well! Just have to keep going :)

Thank you ?

I don't drink when on slimming world because it's so easy to lose will power and drink more than you intend to and eat things you wouldn't when sober. It's a shame that you'll miss out on fun times because your friends don't support you. I've done the same too but when they've invited me I've been blunt and told them why I won't go. Now if they try to encourage me to go off plan I tell them to stop or I'm going home. It works for the most part.
Perhaps you could have a word with them?

Xx

I agree with lindsayjane its about your friends insecurity, i was gona say if she is slim subconciously she wouldnt want you to take her thunder but if she is just a little smaller then she probably doesnt want you to be smaller than her. Its probably not intentional but you cannot be resposible for her, stick to the plan, make the changes it really does work but you have to do it 100% love, just think if you do 100% until christmas you could be a couple of stone lighter, a cople of dress sizes smaller and feeling better about everything...whats not to love about that. you have friends on here who will support you no matter what, who'll pick you up when your down and encourage you with out sabotaging you cos were going on the same journey just with different destinations. Hope you see a fab loss this week to reiterate why your on this journey, much love :)

+1 what Denise said! Think of Xmas and how fab you will look in your new dress you buy for Xmas day?? You can have the odd night out if you syn the alcohol I think a vodka is 4syns so you could have 3 (12 syns) with diet coke/7up? I find it easier just not to drink though because I always want greasy food afterwards :(!

Thanks to all of you for your support :) Ever year we got to my Aunts for christmas (She did slimming world last year and looks wonderful for it) and I have been keeping in the back of my mind how good would it be to go there and for them to be wowed by how much weight we've lost. I've made a spread sheet and at the moment taking an estimate of 1lb a week off I could be 10st2lbs (Goal) by Xmas 2015 which would make me happier than anything. It just seems like a long way off and basically impossible when i've feeling as down as I have this week.

I might just right off alcohol too...it would save me ALOT of money in the long run and overall would be better for me :)

Hey hun, how'd you get on at WI?

Hey hun, how'd you get on at WI?

Lost two pounds! :D So i've lost the summer school weight and another 0.5lbs so made me feel much better all the worrying was for nothing :D Mum lost 1.5lbs so she'll have her first stone next week hopefully! She's lost 13lb :D

Next dilemma is do I want to go out this friday...my friend who knows i'm slimming said she will stop me drinking and as long as I take no money I won't have to drink :) So I think I might go out but I haven't gone out sober before not sure how much fun it will actually be :p

Lost two pounds! :D So i've lost the summer school weight and another 0.5lbs so made me feel much better all the worrying was for nothing :D Mum lost 1.5lbs so she'll have her first stone next week hopefully! She's lost 13lb :D

Next dilemma is do I want to go out this friday...my friend who knows i'm slimming said she will stop me drinking and as long as I take no money I won't have to drink :) So I think I might go out but I haven't gone out sober before not sure how much fun it will actually be :p

Well done on the loss, go out on Friday, eat before you go, take enough money to buy a couple of drinks like vodka or gin with slim line....ask for a tall glass makes it last longer, loads of ice and intermit with water, set your mind to I can have fun without getting drunk...that way your in control, your friends can't complain and you won't eat junk on the way home make sure you have something healthy in the fridge for when you get home if you are hungry. Or even if your handbag allows put a alpen bar in for emergancy lol. Good luck hun, planning is what makes it successful :)

Well done on the loss hun, fantastic.

There is a great article in this months sw magazine about alcohol if you have a read of it. Might give you some tips also x

Hope you had a fab night out and you managed to stay on plan, :)

Hope you had a fab night out and you managed to stay on plan, :)

Had a lovely day on the whole :) I went to the beach in the day wearing shorts/bearing my arms which I probably wouldn't have done just a few weeks ago because I felt as though I was doing something about my body so it didn't matter if my bad bits were on show because they won't be there much longer. I saw some friends that I haven't seen for a year and it was just a lovely time and then I went back to my friends house to get changed to go out and I put on a dress I bought on thursday (which is a size smaller than I've bought for a while :D) and his Mum said I looked beautiful which made me very happy :D during the day I bought a pot of mango from tesco and a pot of strawberry apple orange grapes and kiwi so I stayed on plan during the day (declined chips when my friends were eating them on the beach) and then I had two pints of diet coke so feeling very positive :) Thanks for asking :)

I'm being very determined this week. With mum being so close to her stone I want to catch up with her weightloss so I've been really good the only syns i've been having really are ice poles and iced tea in this heat so we shall see how well it works out on tuesday :D

Thats brilliant, it feels good to be in control. Glad you had a great time hun and you'll get a fab loss at WI.

Sent from my SM-T210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sounds like you had a great time hun. Just goes to show you can have a good time with your friends and stay on plan :)

I'm hoping for a good loss! Maybe I'll even get Slimmer of the week and get the new summer booklet :D that's wishful thinking though as there are lots of new members who are eligible for SotW this week so will probably do very well :)

I lost 3.5lbs!!! 2lbs and I've lost a stone! :D Mum got her stone today :D I'm very jealous but it's making me determined to get mine next week. I've got an oyster festival to go to this weekend but I'm just going to stick to healthy and practice my saying no (Same friend I went to the Regatta with and tries to corrupt me)

So happy for you many congrats and well done to your mum too on her stone.

just keep thinking about that shiny sticker and award when out with your friend at ye oyster festival :)

Back