Slimming World Girl

First I need to buy an MP3 player lol...:)

I used to run but I have a bad hip from falling off a horse in 2008 and when it was still hurting in 2011 I went to the doctor and he told me to stop running and riding and that was really all the exercise I got so that's when I really started putting on the weight so I know I love running it's just I can't at the mo because of my fitness levels so c25k sounds perfect for gradually getting me back up there :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I resisted a twix today... I was really really craving one and I think it was only because we were in a service station and I hadn't had a proper meal that I wanted one but I thought to myself this is a waste of syns there are better things to use them on than a measley twix which offers no satisfaction in the long run and resisted and just wanted to write it here so I know I can so it in the future :p learnt the importance of having proper meals at meal times if I wasn't so hungry I wouldn'tve wanted it in the first place :)

I am loving your determination hun. I would be the same with the twix! I actually had one half of a twix few weeks ago & I think half was like 8 syns or something crazy anyway! What a waste of syns.

Hello, here to subscribe! I'm a Uni student, in my 2nd second week of SW and started with my mum too. I go back to uni in 7weeks so I'm trying to lose as much as I can too! X

My SW Diary :) http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=343855

Are you worried about how you'll eat when you get back to uni? That's my biggest fear atm but my group there's a twelve week challenge and my semesters are 12 weeks so I might just follow that to keep me on track

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1406906427.955301.jpg

This is the 12 week plan I'm planning on following... My only problem is I don't like fish for the week that's 4 lots of fish but I'm sure someone will help me think of something else to do that week :)

Well done Ali on resisting the twix...I haven't eaten chocolate for 12 weeks since starting and I now don't miss it or want it.

I resisted a twix today... I was really really craving one and I think it was only because we were in a service station and I hadn't had a proper meal that I wanted one but I thought to myself this is a waste of syns there are better things to use them on than a measley twix which offers no satisfaction in the long run and resisted and just wanted to write it here so I know I can so it in the future :p learnt the importance of having proper meals at meal times if I wasn't so hungry I wouldn'tve wanted it in the first place :)

well done, thats fab! I have been surrounded by cake at work this week and i havent had any! I didnt even want it! This is unheard of! The only thing i did do was nab 2 mini curly wurlys at 3 or 3.5 syns each i can never remember!

Might have to invest in some curly wurlys but then if I have some around if probably eat them :p I think it was the caramel I wanted I've never been too much of chocolate fan :)

Had the worst day today :( it's mums birthday and we're at Aunt's house and we had a dinner party style meal tonight that was in no way SW friendly :( tomatoes stuffed with Boursin (the most wonderful cheese on this planet) mixed with cream and then duck breast and ruby source with buttery mash and THEN cappuccino cheesecake :( I haven't been drinking because I'm on antibiotics so at least I've avoided those syns...tomorrow when I get back home I am going to try and do the 12 mile bike ride I always used to do (bike rides so far are averaging 3 miles) to give me a little boost so I don't feel too guilty about all the naughty things I've eaten :(

Are you worried about how you'll eat when you get back to uni? That's my biggest fear atm but my group there's a twelve week challenge and my semesters are 12 weeks so I might just follow that to keep me on track

I don't live in halls so its not as much of an issue, although I live with my boyfriend who can eat anything and everything without gaining an oz! I do have the tendency to have a coffee in lectures and buy quick sandwich, crisps and chocolate etc! And overeat when I'm stuck to the PC writing essays! So that part, I'm most definitely dreading... Plus its dissertation year for me, eeeek! Gonna have to plan lots of healthy snacks! X

My aunt gave us her wii fit and I've just spent 40 minutes doing the exercises on there which made me feel a bit less guilty as I've done some exercise at least... Haven't gone on the bikeride because I am really not feeling too good and didn't want to risk being away from home for too long so the wii for was perfect :) also another good thing I've been put on antibiotics that have to be taken with food 4 times a day and quite frequently I under eat so having to eat will be good for me I think :) just have to disregard this week and do better in the future

Lost 1.5lbs :D bit miffed mum had alcohol where I didn't yesterday because of my antibiotics and still lost 3.5lbs!!!! So happy for her :) I'm gonna try and use the wii everyday this week and see if it makes a difference :) I've had to cancel lots of my plans because I'm ill so I've got plenty of time and I don't want to be sitting about doing nothing when I could be raising my metabolic rate :) thank you all for your support :)

Last edited:
Lost 1.bs :D bit miffed mum had alcohol where I didn't yesterday because of my antibiotics and still lost 3.5lbs!!!! So happy for her :) I'm gonna try and use the wii everyday this week and see if it makes a difference :) I've had to cancel lots of my plans because I'm ill so I've got plenty of time and I don't want to be sitting about doing nothing when I could be raising my metabolic rate :) thank you all for your support :)

Hey lovely just popping in to subscribe :) x

well done on the loss hun and I hope you are feeling better soon. Nothing worse than feeling ill (((hugs)))

Well done on the loss hun, your doing so well, don't compare to your mums losses just use each other for motivation you will lose at different rates. It's great that you've remained on plan even though your feeling unwell, credit for that.

Hope your feeling better soon :)

Thanks :) this second course of antibiotics seems to be doing the job :) it's annoying though they're making me feel abit sick and I still have to take them 4 times a day with food but I'm hoping it'll do good for my metabolic rate as a bonus :D

My friend who I've known my whole life has just sent me a text asking if she and her mum (one of mums friends too) can come to SW with Mum and I :) Mum is happy because then when I'm back in Oxford she'll have someone to go with and I can keep in contact with my friend to see how she's doing when she's back at uni :D also a bit more motivation if more people know I'm losing weight :)

Back