Slimming world lasagne disaster

xoxoemzxoxo

Hi All,

pretty new to Slimming world and have been trying out some of the recipes. Most of them have been turning out really yummy but I made the below Lasagne recipe last night and it was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted. The white sauce made with the eggs and yoghurt looked like it had curdled and the eggs scrambled!!! Anyone got any pointers as to where I may have gone wrong??

Ingredients
  • 500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
  • 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 courgette, cut into bite-sized cubes
  • 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
  • 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
  • 400g can chopped tomatoes
  • 400g passata
  • 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
  • Low calorie cooking spray
  • 500g fat free natural yogurt
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • A pinch of nutmeg
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 12 dried lasagne sheets
  • 160g reduced-fat cheddar cheese
To serve
  • Mixed Salad
Method
  1. Place a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the beef mince, red pepper, courgettes, onion and garlic and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes. Add the tomatoes, passata and dried herbs, season well and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring often.
  2. Meanwhile mix together the yogurt, eggs and nutmeg until smooth. Season well.
  3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6. Spray a medium-sized lasagne dish with low calorie cooking spray. Spoon half the mince mixture into the base and top with half of the lasagne sheets. Spread over half of the yogurt mixture and top with the remaining mince mixture. Top with the remaining lasagne sheets, spread over the remaining yogurt mixture
    and sprinkle over the cheese.
  4. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with the mixed sala

I tend to make the white sauce out of quark mixed with a bit of veg stock and a pinch of mustard powder – I’ve heard other people use the asda own brand macaroni cheese blitzed up (3 syns for the tin I believe!)

Back