Slimming World newbie - losing for the wedding day

Definitely enjoyed the meal out this week, but been ill with sinusitis this week as well which is really annoying and not good for the diet. Haven't eaten too badly, but not been totally on plan either as mainly cooked quick and easy things. Kept within my syns but not had as much fruit and veg as I should do with each meal.

Hopefully from today can get back on track and still have a 2 or 3 pound loss for Monday.

Charlie I hope you feel better soon, it is always better to make sure you get healthy and work on the weight loss once you are fighting fit.

Charlie I hope you feel better soon, it is always better to make sure you get healthy and work on the weight loss once you are fighting fit.
Thank you! Had an on plan day today with plenty of speed foods, so hopefully back on track!

Lots of luck for weigh in! Hope you're feeling better x

Extremely disappointed. Only lost 0.5lbs in 2 weeks. :-(

I really really dont deserve that. Kept within my syns all days but 1 in the last 2 weeks and although i didnt eat loads of fruit and veg when I was ill, I didn't go over syns.

Also did 2 long walks for my training. It is star week, but don't think that will make that much difference?

Ergh. So frustrated.

Thanks both of you. It is really annoying but I have made a plan for the next few weeks as I have a tough couple of weekends ahead of me. This weekend we have a 10 course tasting meal with wine pairing which was bought as an xmas present. Obvs really looking forward to it but it won't help next week! Then the weekend after we have a city break to Poland for 4 days eek! I would like to lose 1.5 pounds this week and maintain the week after. Which would mean by end of Feb I would be 12 stone 1.5 and get my 1 and a half stone certificate.

Not ideal and not where I wanted to be when I started Feb, but always have to look at the bigger picture and how this is a journey not a sprint. Least I haven't gained weight.

Things I am going to do this week and next to help boost the figures (All days apart from Saturday when I have the tasting menu)

1) Eat more veg and fruit with each meal
2) Eat 10 syns a day (or less) rather than 15
3) Walk 3 x a week and one long one on Saturday in the countryside (up hills!)
4) Lots of walks in Poland to earn the vodka and dumplings!

Wish me luck!

Charlie, chin up! Did I read it was your * week? if it was it can make 2, 3 and even 5 lbs difference for some people, so it could be that. You know you can do this, you know it works and you are in control!

Charlie, chin up! Did I read it was your * week? if it was it can make 2, 3 and even 5 lbs difference for some people, so it could be that. You know you can do this, you know it works and you are in control!

Thank you! Yeah it was * week. Stepped on scales this morning and already 3 pounds down from Monday. Have been good recently at not weighing myself unless it is at weigh in, but had to this morning to see if Monday was a freak result.

See! now stop weighing yourself:nananana:

So it is weigh day today! Any loss will do after my amazing 10 course tasting meal with matching wines for each course! Was good the rest of the time and did a super long walk in the countryside with a **** load of hills on saturday. Will update you all later!

So i sts this week. I deserve it though after the huge 10 course meal with loads of wine. Have my trip to Poland friday-monday this week. Safe to say february has been a terrible month. Least I haven't gained and bring on March and a decent overall loss.

Really hard to be cheerful about it all. But have to look at the bigger picture. I have dropped nearly 2 dress sizes, lost 5 inches on my waist and lost 19.5 lbs.

So i sts this week. I deserve it though after the huge 10 course meal with loads of wine. Have my trip to Poland friday-monday this week. Safe to say february has been a terrible month. Least I haven't gained and bring on March and a decent overall loss.

Really hard to be cheerful about it all. But have to look at the bigger picture. I have dropped nearly 2 dress sizes, lost 5 inches on my waist and lost 19.5 lbs.

The bigger picture is definitely the thing to look at! Dropping 2 dress sizes in such a short amount of time is phenomenal!

And I think staying the same after a 10 course meal with wine is AMAZING! Try not to be too hard on yourself xx

The bigger picture is definitely the thing to look at! Dropping 2 dress sizes in such a short amount of time is phenomenal!

And I think staying the same after a 10 course meal with wine is AMAZING! Try not to be too hard on yourself xx

Cheers for the words of encouragement. It has been a really tough month. But I knew it would be. Have had a lot of unavoidable big events and 2 weekends away. I will be pleased to come out of February and see the back of it. Been good socially, but terrible for the the weight loss. I think by the end of the month I will have only have lost 2 pounds in the whole month. That is if I don't gain loads in Poland!

I am still on track to get to 11 stone by end of June, need to average 4-5 Lbs a month loss starting from march.

Cheers for the words of encouragement. It has been a really tough month. But I knew it would be. Have had a lot of unavoidable big events and 2 weekends away. I will be pleased to come out of February and see the back of it. Been good socially, but terrible for the the weight loss. I think by the end of the month I will have only have lost 2 pounds in the whole month. That is if I don't gain loads in Poland!

I am still on track to get to 11 stone by end of June, need to average 4-5 Lbs a month loss starting from march.

Life is for living at the end of the day and 4-5 lbs per month is definitely doable from March! A loss of 2 pounds in a month is still a loss. I won't have lost a huge amount in February and I've barely had any plans!

Charlie, you have done well to STS, you have so much going on at the moment, stick with it you know you can do it!

Charlie, you have done well to STS, you have so much going on at the moment, stick with it you know you can do it!

Thank you, that message made me feel a lot better and you are right. If I can get through the heavy social weeks without a gain, it is a bonus.

Back