Slimming World newbie - losing for the wedding day

Only lost 1 pound this week. Bit annoyed but then it is * week and been feeling bloated.

The good thing is that I have a free weekend ahead with no plans so I am going to have an alcohol free week and stay on plan 100%. Hoping to do 2 pounds next week and make up the half a pound I missed this week so I stay on track for my 1.5lb average.

I also need to make sure I am eating enough speed food as I have slacked a bit this week on a couple of meals and not bad a third if my plate filled up with them. I think this will make a big difference.

well done on your loss. 1lb is still going in the right direction. good luck for next weigh in x x

Thanks Jenny. Yeah it is getting there slowly but surely. I am sure a week of 100% on plan will make a large difference. As long as I have got to my 1 stone award by xmas I will be happy. Makes me so glad I didn't start in January instead of October.

For those who like to cook their own meals, but want some easy recipes, I'd thought i'd pass on some little tips.

I have been using these JD seasoning kits to make up slimming world meals. https://jdseasonings.com

They are AMAZING. They basically are all SW friendly, and a seasoning kit for each meal, i.e, balti, jalfrezi, italian pastas, cajun chickens, fajitas, chips and wedges spices etc, and they are quite cheap. The recipes are also on their website which are all SW friendly and easy to make. They also come with the recipes on the inside of the packaging.

I have a discount code which gets you 20% off it is TW22 which you enter at checkout. I am not one of their sales reps haha, I just saw the discount code online and thought i'd pass it on.

Definitely recommend making their slimming world chips with their seasoning. Made it on Friday with fish and peas and it was better than a takeaway!

Slimming world fish and chips with JD seasonings chips and wedges pot. 0.5 syns for the extra light mayo.

This doesn't feel like a diet!

Attachments

• 20171117_193936.jpg
    20171117_193936.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Going round a friend's house for dinner tonight and she has very kindly said she will cook the quorn moussaka that is diet friendly for me. I am very grateful, however it does always make me nervous when someone who never diets cooks "diet" food, as it isn't in your control. I need to stop being a control freak and trust that she knows what she is doing.

Have only had 2 syns today anyway, so at least if she uses things like actual oil instead of fry light, I will have covered my allowance. You can't really go wrong with the rest, unless she cheats on the sauces and uses full fat natural yoghurt.

Can't exactly be that kn*b that is like "errrr you have used the wrong ingredients" whilst stuffing down her food. I'll just secretly blame her and curse her name if the WI is less than I want on Monday ;-)

Dinner went well last night, bless my friend, being so supportive and cooking the SW meal. It was really nice, and shows I need to stop panicking when things aren't out of my control.

I am trying really hard not to weigh myself this week, however I am going to do it saturday morning to get an indicator of where I am before weigh in Monday. I feel positive that I am staying 100% on plan this week, and no panic on Sunday when I have to try and undo a bucket load of alcohol from the Saturday night. Might do a weekend of cooking and prepping for next week. #rockandroll

Had a good weekend of no drink and staying 100% on plan. First weekend in 5 that I've been able to do this!

I also did an 8 mile walk today which was good, although now knackered.

If I haven't done 2lbs or more in tomorrow's weigh in I think I'll be really disappointed.

Fingers crossed!

Lost 2lbs. I am obviously happy with that but also a little frustrated as this morning when I weighed myself I had lost 3.5lbs on my scales (which are usually the same as the group ones), so had higher expectations. Sometimes my body just fluctuates weirdly and just got to think that it will all balance out in the end.

I am 2.5lbs away from my 1 stone award so going to really try to get that next week.

Hey, well done 2lbs is great.

I'm the same with weighing at home - I wish I could just not do it :(

It is so hard isn't it! I weighed myself this morning for example and scales said 12st9lbs - 2lbs lighter than weigh in after only 2 days. But I know that I shouldn't take that as meaning it is a large loss this week and just take the scales on Monday's as the reality. However, I did read this article which is interesting for us addicted scale steppers - http://www.redonline.co.uk/health-self/self/the-5-second-trick-you-can-do-every-day-to-lose-weight

I went shopping after work yesterday for some winter clothes, now I HATE shopping for clothes. It always involves me getting hot, sweaty, and stressed. Hate the changing room mirrors and the lighting that highlights all the flab rolls, cellulite and what you ate for lunch. I took the plunge yesterday and it was the same old experience. I am usually a size 16 in high street shops, admittedly squeezing into size 16 as always refusing to go up to an 18 and very little places have size 18 in the "normal" range.

I don't know what I expected with not having lost a huge amount yet, but the good news is that I fit a lot more comfortably into size 16. The bad news is that I tried on some size 14 jeans that didn't quite do up..... HOWEVER, I did decide to buy them for an incentive. When I can do up that fricking button and zip I will know I really have dropped some weight. I am hoping this will be achieved by the 12 stone mark (another 11 pounds) and then I can dance around in my living room in them like a buffoon!

Jean gate will be documented here....

Anyone feeling like Christmas is just a massive inconvenience to the weight loss?

I have decided to have 3 days "off plan" over xmas, 23rd, 24th and 25th and back to plan on Boxing Day. I am still going to make more sensible choices during those days and not eat as much crap as I usually do, but life is too short to not drink and have a nice time with family.

Like the rest of us, I do put on weight so easily so 3 days off plan could do some serious damage. I am hoping by then I will have lost another 5 pounds, but I could easily put on 5-7 pounds in that time, maybe even more. The thing is, I have to have a life as well, and I have 2 xmas dinners (with my family and the inlaws) and all the usual xmas drinks and treats around me, and I just don't want to be totally miserable.

If I can get back on to plan 26th-31st Dec I am hoping by Jan 1st (I actually have a weigh in on Jan 1st) I won't have put on more than 4/5 pounds. Here are my goals:

Dec 22nd - 12st6lbs
Jan 1st weigh in - 12st10lbs
Jan 8th weigh in - 12st7lbs

When I break it down like this it doesn't seem as daunting or as bad.

How is everyone else planning for xmas?

Did another 8 mile walk today and treated myself to a glass of wine at the end. My first drink in over 2 weeks. Used my syns for this though so still in plan.

Not sure how I've done this week as the scales haven't moved much. Will see tomorrow evening and what will be will be. I have stayed 100% on plan this week so I know a loss must be in order.

Back