Slimming World newbie - losing for the wedding day

This week is the last week that is fairly clear before xmas. The following weekend is ridiculously busy. Going to try and aim for 3 more pounds over the next 2 weigh ins which will be my last before the new year.

I am really looking forward to xmas and having 10 days off work, I really need the break. However, will also be happy when it is January as will be able to be back 100% on plan and it is the year of my wedding so will hopefully be even more focused to lose the weight.

I think end of January is when my wedding dress I ordered arrives in the shop, and I go and try it on in the size I ordered it in. I purchased my dress in early September and the sample I tried on was too small. They ordered my dress in a size 18 I think, (even though I was a high street size 16, wedding dresses are weird sizes), so I am hoping by the end of Jan it will definitely be too big. My dress fittings will begin in June when I am hopefully near or at my target. I am slightly worried that if I have lost over 3 stone that it might be too much to take in, I think they can only take it in 2 sizes but not sure. Suppose it is a good problem to have though!

Just caught up with all your posts. You're doing so well! I got married in 2015 and I wish I'd been motivated enough to lose lots of weight for it. I don't hate myself in the pictures but I could definitely be happier with them! My first interim target is my wedding weight - 13 stone 10lbs. A long way to go to get there (I've basically just eaten non-stop for 2.5 years, haha) but as long as I get there that's all that matters!

Just caught up with all your posts. You're doing so well! I got married in 2015 and I wish I'd been motivated enough to lose lots of weight for it. I don't hate myself in the pictures but I could definitely be happier with them! My first interim target is my wedding weight - 13 stone 10lbs. A long way to go to get there (I've basically just eaten non-stop for 2.5 years, haha) but as long as I get there that's all that matters!

Thank you! It is good to have interim target, I have 2 haha! 12 stone and 11 stone. I said i'd be happy if I was at 11 stone by the wedding. You are doing really well though, and amazing weight loss in short amount of time. Seems like you are really focused. Let's hope xmas doesn't get in the way too much for us both

Thank you! It is good to have interim target, I have 2 haha! 12 stone and 11 stone. I said i'd be happy if I was at 11 stone by the wedding. You are doing really well though, and amazing weight loss in short amount of time. Seems like you are really focused. Let's hope xmas doesn't get in the way too much for us both

Fingers crossed! I gain weight soooo easily and I love Christmas so much. I've got two interim targets too = 13.10 (wedding weight) and 12.6 (weight I was when I met my husband). Makes it easier to break it down a bit I think!

Fingers crossed! I gain weight soooo easily and I love Christmas so much. I've got two interim targets too = 13.10 (wedding weight) and 12.6 (weight I was when I met my husband). Makes it easier to break it down a bit I think!

I put on weight so easily as well, it is really frustrating! The 3 days off over xmas could do some serious damage haha! It is definitely easier to break things down, especially if you associate certain weights with certain events and times in your life.

I put on weight so easily as well, it is really frustrating! The 3 days off over xmas could do some serious damage haha! It is definitely easier to break things down, especially if you associate certain weights with certain events and times in your life.

I can easily gain 7-8 pounds in 3 days off. I've decided to have 24th, 25th and 26th "off plan" but, like you, I'm still going to try and be better than I would be normally, to minimise the gain. We'll see how long my good intentions last! I am going to go to weigh in on 27th though, just to try and keep myself in check a bit!

I can easily gain 7-8 pounds in 3 days off. I've decided to have 24th, 25th and 26th "off plan" but, like you, I'm still going to try and be better than I would be normally, to minimise the gain. We'll see how long my good intentions last! I am going to go to weigh in on 27th though, just to try and keep myself in check a bit!

Good idea, I can't as I won't be in London where my usual group is unfortunately.

Good idea, I can't as I won't be in London where my usual group is unfortunately.

Is there another group you could attend where you are going to be? I'm having to go to a different group next week as I'll be away with my husband.

I did check, but there isn't one near on the days I will be there that are open. It will be okay though, i'll just do a "mock" weigh in on xmas day morning when I would normally weigh in, and then back to group on New Year's Day for reality haha!

I did check, but there isn't one near on the days I will be there that are open. It will be okay though, i'll just do a "mock" weigh in on xmas day morning when I would normally weigh in, and then back to group on New Year's Day for reality haha!

That sounds like a very good plan! :)

Weighed myself this morning and I am exactly the same as I was last monday. Don't think I've lost any weight. :-(

I've stuck 100% on plan, had under 10 syns on all days but one where I had 15. Also did another 8 mile walk yesterday.

Obviously weigh in is tomorrow so I could still lose but doesn't look likely.

I know we all get weeks like this but considering that starting from next week I have so many Xmas events and nights out planned it is pretty frustrating.

Lots of luck for weigh in. I often find that the weeks I'm the most good result in the smallest losses, but it tends to show the week after. I know how frustrating it is if you've got lots of things planned! But it might mean that you avoid a gain or a maintain next week! x

Lots of luck for weigh in. I often find that the weeks I'm the most good result in the smallest losses, but it tends to show the week after. I know how frustrating it is if you've got lots of things planned! But it might mean that you avoid a gain or a maintain next week! x

Thanks! It seems strange as have been so good, and really haven't cheated. But then I lost 3 pounds last week so maybe it has cancelled things out a little bit. Whatever happens I will try not to get annoyed, and just try and hope for a maintain or a small loss the following week, despite all the parties and meals out.

I lost 1 pound. That will do.

Have 3 Xmas events this week so will be hard to lose. Will be happy with any loss, even half a pound.

Well done! I think any loss is fantastic at this time of year! So many people have already given up until January! x

Well done! I think any loss is fantastic at this time of year! So many people have already given up until January! x

Thank you so much. You are right, I do have to look at it that way and think where would I be if I had just postponed everything until January (which I nearly did when I decided to join in October). The next 2 weeks before the New Year will be hard, but will take each day as it comes.

Back