Slimming World newbie - losing for the wedding day

Thank you so much. You are right, I do have to look at it that way and think where would I be if I had just postponed everything until January (which I nearly did when I decided to join in October). The next 2 weeks before the New Year will be hard, but will take each day as it comes.

Same here! I joined a week before my birthday at the end of October and it would have been so easy to just put it off until January. Soooo glad I didn't though! My SW group has basically reduced in size to about half over the last few weeks! x

Same here! I joined a week before my birthday at the end of October and it would have been so easy to just put it off until January. Soooo glad I didn't though! My SW group has basically reduced in size to about half over the last few weeks! x

Yeah mine has seriously reduced as well! The ones who have stayed are maintaining or losing, but makes you realise that when people know they will get a gain they just avoid going haha. Does mean I have won the raffle two weeks in a row though haha! I bet January will be very busy though with new starters.

I made slimming world wrap pizza last night with sweet potato fries and salad. Pic attached. It was extremely yummy and only 1 syn for the extra light mayo. I used Hex A (70g light mozzarella) and Hex B (Bfree wrap). It honestly felt like I had a takeaway.

Attachments

• IMG_20171212_211607_543.jpg
    IMG_20171212_211607_543.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 22
So today is my first "off plan" day in 4 weeks. Had xmas lunch with staff, and then this evening I have a night out with my 2 best friends, one who is back from 18 months travelling and I haven't seen her in so long. The dinner tonight is mexican, have seen I can get salmon with Jacket potato, but the worst tonight will be the drink. Will try to stick to spirits and mixer, but the girls always want to get bottles of prosecco which is a lot easier to share, and also cheaper when splitting 3 ways.

I am really nervous about it, but I think it might be good for me to just relax and enjoy today, and get back on plan tomorrow. (Even though I have a meal out tomorrow as well!). It is probably healthier mentally to have a few meals out of my control and enjoy myself, to show that it won't be the end of the world and I can't just avoid social stuff 24/7 as that isn't realistic.

I always planned to maintain this week, so if I can do that I will still be really happy. We will see how it all goes!

So I lost half a pound this week. Which I am happy about as I had a bad weekend. It is good to have met my target of 16 pounds before xmas as well that I set at the beginning.

Next weigh in for me is New Year, will aim for maintain, but realistically if I gain 2 or 3 pounds I won't be devastated. Anything more than that though and I will feel disheartened. But will tackle one day at a time over the next 2 weeks.

Staff party tonight, and although I will be drinking I think I'll be able to be good food wise.

So I lost half a pound this week. Which I am happy about as I had a bad weekend. It is good to have met my target of 16 pounds before xmas as well that I set at the beginning.

Next weigh in for me is New Year, will aim for maintain, but realistically if I gain 2 or 3 pounds I won't be devastated. Anything more than that though and I will feel disheartened. But will tackle one day at a time over the next 2 weeks.

Staff party tonight, and although I will be drinking I think I'll be able to be good food wise.

Fantastic that you met your target and any loss at this time of year is amazing. Well done! Have an amazing Christmas and New Year :) xx

Fantastic that you met your target and any loss at this time of year is amazing. Well done! Have an amazing Christmas and New Year :) xx

Thank you so much. Have a fantastic Xmas and New Year as well!

Enjoyed my Christmas party the other night, had lots of lovely white wine and champagne, and a nice meal which wasn't the worst thing I could have had on the menu, but definitely not SW friendly. I had lobster with sides of spinach and fries!

I was 100% on plan yesterday and today, and will be until Sunday when the festivities begin. As long as I maintain my 16 pounds loss until then I will be happy and in a good position for xmas, a lot better off than I would have been if I never went.

Got back today from being away at my family home and then my partner's family home for the last week.

I planned to just have 3 days off plan but it actually ended up being 5!! 1 was out of my control due to an Xmas present we got given and a surprise visit to the races with a buffet/drink included for boxing day. Was lots of fun and no regrets and have had a lovely Xmas full of champagne and treats. Still not been anywhere near as bad as usual though and even turned down cheese and port after Xmas dinner!

As planned I missed weigh In this week due to being away, but weighed myself on home scales today when I got back. Looks like I've gained 3.5lbs. My aim is to get back to what I was at last weigh in by New Years Day, where I will be going back to group. Even if it ends up 2lbs gain or there abouts I won't be too upset as that is pretty good going over Xmas and New Year and I know it will come off again quickly in January.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

Got back today from being away at my family home and then my partner's family home for the last week.

I planned to just have 3 days off plan but it actually ended up being 5!! 1 was out of my control due to an Xmas present we got given and a surprise visit to the races with a buffet/drink included for boxing day. Was lots of fun and no regrets and have had a lovely Xmas full of champagne and treats. Still not been anywhere near as bad as usual though and even turned down cheese and port after Xmas dinner!

As planned I missed weigh In this week due to being away, but weighed myself on home scales today when I got back. Looks like I've gained 3.5lbs. My aim is to get back to what I was at last weigh in by New Years Day, where I will be going back to group. Even if it ends up 2lbs gain or there abouts I won't be too upset as that is pretty good going over Xmas and New Year and I know it will come off again quickly in January.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

Sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas! I weighed in on Wednesday and had gained 3 pounds, which I was pretty pleased with! I'm expecting another gain this week but will be back on plan 100% from Tuesday.

Have a fantastic new year!

Sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas! I weighed in on Wednesday and had gained 3 pounds, which I was pretty pleased with! I'm expecting another gain this week but will be back on plan 100% from Tuesday.

Have a fantastic new year!

Thanks! 3 pounds isn't bad at all. It will come off quickly in the new year. I have been good the last 3 days but having a day off plan today because of New Year. I'll go to weigh in tomorrow though knowing it will be a gain but hopefully no where near as bad as I thought.

Have a fantastic NYE

So weighed in today at group for the first time in 2 weeks and I gained 4 pounds.

Could have been better, could have been worse.

Aim to lose that 4 pounds this week. Looking forward to the new year and everything it brings. This is the year I will get to target and walk down the aisle feeling confident and healthy.

Happy New Year Charlie!

Most of us have had a gain for December, you are not alone. The main thing now is that we are determined to lose it.:)

Happy New Year Charlie!

Most of us have had a gain for December, you are not alone. The main thing now is that we are determined to lose it.:)

Thank you! Happy New Year to you too.

Yes I am feeling more determined than ever now xmas is out the way and can focus on it fully.

Had a good first day back on plan yesterday and feeling determined.

I weighed myself this morning and already the scales were 2 pounds lighter. However, won't take that as anything real as only count the group scales as my actual weight. I have a funeral tomorrow unfortunately, for my partner's uncle. The wake is a buffet dinner, but I am going to try and take something subtle in my bag to nibble on during the wake so I don't eat anything really bad, and have a big breakfast before I leave. I am also going to stay away from the booze at the wake, even though I know it will be a boozy affair for lots of others.

x

So I've had a really good week, had a few drinks on Saturday and went a little over syns, but other than that I have been very much on plan.

Weigh in is tonight, hoping for at least 3 pounds, and 4 pounds would be amazing as means i've lost my xmas weight!

Will keep you updated xx

So I've had a really good week, had a few drinks on Saturday and went a little over syns, but other than that I have been very much on plan.

Weigh in is tonight, hoping for at least 3 pounds, and 4 pounds would be amazing as means i've lost my xmas weight!

Will keep you updated xx

Lots of luck for later! x

I am so happy as I lost 4.5lbs and have got rid of the Xmas weight gain and more in week 1. Total weight loss is 16.5lbs and I am 2.5lbs away from my Club 10 which was my target for end of January.

Feeling so determined and actually feel like this is my year! Let's hope this feeling lasts haha!

I am so happy as I lost 4.5lbs and have got rid of the Xmas weight gain and more in week 1. Total weight loss is 16.5lbs and I am 2.5lbs away from my Club 10 which was my target for end of January.

Feeling so determined and actually feel like this is my year! Let's hope this feeling lasts haha!

That’s amazing! Well done lovely! X

Well done Charlie :0clapper:

Back