Slimming World newbie - losing for the wedding day

Oh same! I'm 36 now so we're seriously starting to talk about having kids soon. Want to be in the best shape possible and fully intend to carry on doing SW during any pregnancy too! And I totally agree about the not being a frumpy mum thing! I'm already going to be an older mum so don't want to be frumpy too! Hahaha!

Well you are well on your way to achieving that, and being a yummy fit and healthy mummy.

Charlie, keep up the focus you know you can do it!

So I lost 1lb yesterday. Frustratingly only half a pound off my certificate but know I will get that next week. I did my 10 mile hike on Saturday and it was so muddy and hilly so was really hard work. I expected to lose more after that, but it is * week and actually ate dinner for once before I went yesterday. A loss is a loss though, and finally going in the right direction.

So I lost 1lb yesterday. Frustratingly only half a pound off my certificate but know I will get that next week. I did my 10 mile hike on Saturday and it was so muddy and hilly so was really hard work. I expected to lose more after that, but it is * week and actually ate dinner for once before I went yesterday. A loss is a loss though, and finally going in the right direction.

Well done! Having dinner before you went will definitely have affected the scales so you'll definitely get that award next week!

Had a good week so far. Been doing my 5 mile walks every other day and another 10 mile one on Sunday planned. Eaten really healthy and had no more than 10 syns each day. Feeling fully focused. Have a few drinks planned on saturday for St Patrick's day, but hopefully nothing too mental. (Famous last words). Hoping for 1.5lbs this week.

Also, wearing a dress today I wore just before I started slimming world. I was on a tube and it was my birthday, a homeless guy on the tube came round asking for money. My OH gave him some change and then said "congratulations" to us both. I looked confused, and then he said "you are pregnant aren't you?".The absolute horror. It nearly ruined my b'day and had to fight back the tears. Now I am wearing that same dress 20lbs lighter, and it feels baggy. Will never forget how I felt that day, but so happy I decided to make a change and turn it into a positive.

Had a good week so far. Been doing my 5 mile walks every other day and another 10 mile one on Sunday planned. Eaten really healthy and had no more than 10 syns each day. Feeling fully focused. Have a few drinks planned on saturday for St Patrick's day, but hopefully nothing too mental. (Famous last words). Hoping for 1.5lbs this week.

Also, wearing a dress today I wore just before I started slimming world. I was on a tube and it was my birthday, a homeless guy on the tube came round asking for money. My OH gave him some change and then said "congratulations" to us both. I looked confused, and then he said "you are pregnant aren't you?".The absolute horror. It nearly ruined my b'day and had to fight back the tears. Now I am wearing that same dress 20lbs lighter, and it feels baggy. Will never forget how I felt that day, but so happy I decided to make a change and turn it into a positive.

Oh my gosh, that must have been a horrible experience :( But how lovely that the dress is now baggy! Well done for turning it into a positive :)

Hi Charlie,

just catching up on your diary. holiday sounds cold but lovely, my fils partner is polish so they visit a lot and now he loves it and plans to retire over there.

well done on the loss this week, its annoying when you're so close to the next certificate but you'll get it next week.

how awful that happening on the tube. I felt awful a couple of years ago as I asked my neighbour if she was pregnant, I was totally convinced she was but turned out she'd just gained some weight, I felt so terrible.

being a mom is the best thing ever, good luck for when you start trying x x

Hi Charlie,

just catching up on your diary. holiday sounds cold but lovely, my fils partner is polish so they visit a lot and now he loves it and plans to retire over there.

well done on the loss this week, its annoying when you're so close to the next certificate but you'll get it next week.

how awful that happening on the tube. I felt awful a couple of years ago as I asked my neighbour if she was pregnant, I was totally convinced she was but turned out she'd just gained some weight, I felt so terrible.

being a mom is the best thing ever, good luck for when you start trying x x

Thanks Jenny. It has been slow progress for me the last month, but at least I haven't gained. Getting into the 11s will be a huge thing for me mentally so hopefully not too far off that.

It was awful, but I joined slimming world a week after that, so I am glad I used it as motivation. By my birthday this year (In October) I will be a lot more confident and hopefully at target. xx

So I have been a bit quiet. Mainly because I have been massively struggling :-(

I didn't go to group last week.... I had a really good week, then went out saturday, drank way too much and then sunday had the hangover from hell and ate a mcdonalds out of comfort. Felt so annoyed I ruined a week of really good work, that I avoided group. Then, the exact same thing happened this week. Mon-fri ate really well, then went out for a nice meal saturday and had cocktails and wine. Yesterday there was no mcdonald's but there was about 30 syns worth of crisps and ice cream.

I don't know how to get myself out of this habit of undoing a week of good eating and exercise all in a weekend. I am enjoying eating and drinking but come Monday I am frustrated that the scales haven't moved for a week. I can't blame anyone or anything other than myself, but wish I could get out of these habits.

I am going to go to group tonight to face the music, don't think I will have necessarily gained much (maintained or maybe 1 lb gain). Avoiding group probably doesn't help.

Unfortunately this weekend being Easter, I have 2 or 3 events planned which involve meals out (and one is a beer festival I always go to with my family and fiancee!!).

HELP!!

Hi Charlie!

A couple of things, not sure if they will help or not!

Life is going to happen, when we all get to this magical goal we are all aiming for, life is still going to happen, and it is how we deal with it that will make the difference between staying at goal and gaining all the weight back and more. Did you drink last weekend, and have a MacDonald's? yes you did, did you continue doing that during the week, no you didn't, you got straight back onto SW...you won that week! Did you drink this weekend, and eat crisps and ice cream, yes you did, but you are going group tonight and facing the music, good or bad, you won again.

Drink, chocolate, crisps, takeaways, chocolate etc are not going to go away, we all (and I say this to you and myself!) have to accept that it's not the eating and drinking one offs that are the issue, it is the continuing to do it 'because we screwed up and we might as well continue to eat and drink crap, because we have failed, and we are worthless, and we are supposed to be fat/overweight/chubby......' . When we fall over, we need get up and dust ourselves and get on with it, and not wallow in it like a elephant in a mud bath! :rotflmao:

Everyone is different, I know personally that if I promise myself I will only have a couple of drinks that it isn't going to happen most nights out so I rarely drink now, but if I was I go for something with the least damage so for me that is vodka and diet coke. And we all know the best hangover cure is crap food, so what about making a deal with yourself (if that would work), OK you can drink, but you have to go for a walk to blow out the hangover on Sunday....or you can eat, but you can't do the drinking? Or plan your hangover food out before you are hungover, so you mitigate the damage, have a fry up ready to go, it just needs to be put under the grill, or have some crisps synned out?

I am not sure if any of that helps!

So I STS this week. Which probably happened because I eat so well in the week then have my drinks and bad food on the saturday. I know that if I was at target that would be fine, but if I want to lose weight I have to stay on plan and make better decisions with drink and food.

Thank you so much Jukie for your kind words and motivation. It did really help and all of it is right!! I need to make better choices on hangover days and when I drink to try and substitute wine and prosecco for vodka or gin. But, as you say I still need to enjoy myself and have a social life as it isnt going to be realistic to be a hermit and not enjoy things.

This long weekend will be tough but need to look at the bigger picture and will hopefully get there in the end. One step at a time.

So I STS this week. Which probably happened because I eat so well in the week then have my drinks and bad food on the saturday. I know that if I was at target that would be fine, but if I want to lose weight I have to stay on plan and make better decisions with drink and food.

Thank you so much Jukie for your kind words and motivation. It did really help and all of it is right!! I need to make better choices on hangover days and when I drink to try and substitute wine and prosecco for vodka or gin. But, as you say I still need to enjoy myself and have a social life as it isnt going to be realistic to be a hermit and not enjoy things.

This long weekend will be tough but need to look at the bigger picture and will hopefully get there in the end. One step at a time.

Charlie I've been exactly the same. I drank waaaayy too much with my husband the weekend before last and then he had to leave early unexpectedly to go to work on the Sunday. I was hungover and sad so ordered myself a huge takeaway pizza and sides and ate the vast majority of it. Then couldn't face group so didn't weigh in until Saturday morning, where I'd maintained.

You're not alone in struggling. But you CAN do this xx

Charlie I've been exactly the same. I drank waaaayy too much with my husband the weekend before last and then he had to leave early unexpectedly to go to work on the Sunday. I was hungover and sad so ordered myself a huge takeaway pizza and sides and ate the vast majority of it. Then couldn't face group so didn't weigh in until Saturday morning, where I'd maintained.

You're not alone in struggling. But you CAN do this xx

Haha just replied to your post before I saw this!! It is true, we can do it together :)

So my Easter plans of minimising the damage and not doing my usual 4 days of drinking and eating are as follows:

Friday (today) - arrived at my parents house and already had a cup of tea instead of wine and plan to not drink at all today. We are out for dinner and I have had no syns today so saving for dinner. Will have swordfish with veg (and save syns for oils on veg).

Saturday - Every year we go to the beer festival and get fish and chips on the way home. I have batch cooked some chilli con carne to have instead of fish and chips and will drink beer as my weekend treat (they have no other options other than beer haha)

Sunday - we go back to London and then go to watch arsenal and out to pubs afterwards. My plan at the moment is not to drink, but if I do I am having vodka and diet coke and told my fiancee to really encourage me not to drink any beer or wine.

Monday - Get out for a 12 mile walk for training at 10am and then meet my friend for lunch. Looked at menu ahead and they do a quinoa salad. Then weigh in at 7.30 where I hope to have lost some weight (even 0.5lbs)

Easter is always tough and I am usually so indulgent. No easter chocolate for me and making these small changes I think will be a big win. Whatever the result on Monday.

Have a good easter everyone.

Hi Charlie

I'm just catching up with everyone whilst hiding from the rain in our caravan.
I've had a couple of weeks where I have struggled too. I think sometimes when you have been good for weeks on end we all just run out of steam.
I kept finding myself eating crap at work constantly a few weeks ago but I seem to have got it under control again. I managed it by using the strategy I use at the start of a diet which is to tell myself that I should at least be able to stay on plan for one day. Then two days, then 3 days, then a week. By week 2 it seems easier. I tell myself if I can't even resist for one day/one week etc then I'm a total loser who doesn't deserve to lose weight 😂😂

Lol - anyway it works for me. Hope that helps x

Hope you had a good Easter weekend Charlie! Did you make it to weigh in yesterday? x

Yes I did, and you guessed it, I STS haha. I am alright with it though, made some very good choices over the easter weekend, but although I tried to count syns I did still have a few meals out and did drink beer at the beer festival as planned, so it is all okay. Just keep telling myself that in the last couple of months when I have found things hard, at least I haven't gained any weight whatsoever and perhaps in previous years I would have gained a shed load. Think Easter last year I gained 7 lbs haha.

Starting afresh this week, and giving everything a good crack.

Back