Slimming World Quiche

Mine always turns out watery :eek:( any suggestions on avoiding this?

Many thanks

I've never had a watery one. Perhaps you are using too much cottage cheese? Or some veggies have a high water count such as mushrooms and would be better if fried off before using them

OMG!!!

I made myself a quiche yesterday for tonight, as I am not home. IT'S YUMMY!!

I used 4medium eggs. 300g cottage cheese. Fried onions and mushrooms and sliced quorn sausages. Even cold this is nice, although it would be amazing with some bean and sw chips!!

I make mine in a loose bottomed cake tin!

I usually put slices of tomato on the bottom, then I cook some bacon and sliced mushrooms together. I also add some chopped ham and then mix all that together with the egg/cottage cheese mix and slap it in the tin.

Then I put more slices of tomato on the top and sprinkle with some dried herbs (usually a bit of basil or oregano).

Mine goes watery too, I usually pour it off when I check and by the time it's cooked, it's fine! I think it's juice from the cottage cheese, the tomatos and maybe the mushrooms.

It's lovely though! I might have to make one at the weekend!

I might have a go at a pizza quiche! My dad gave me a basil plant so I might keep the sliced tomatos and then chuck in some mozzarella (probably as 2 HEA and eat over 2 days) and some basil. My mouth is watering.... Nyom!

hi

i make a really basic one but its lovely!!
2 rashers of bacon and a chicken breast (cook first in oven)

then beat 4 eggs and 4 laughing cow light triangles (hexA)

Cut chicken and bacon into pieces and put in casserole dish, pour cheesey/egg mixture over the top and then top with grated cheese (HexA)

Cook on 190 for about 30 minutes...then serve hot or cold....both are lovely! great for the lunchbox!

Kate

I just bought the 30-minute meals cookbook and they have a recipe in there for a Quick Pasta 'Cake'. It's basically a frittata with veggies and cooked pasta - so maybe if you used just plain cooked pasta in the quiche it would be fine. When I made my sausage and veggie SW quiche I thought it tasted a lot like a spanish omelette, but it was very nice nonetheless :)

xxx

I've been making mine with 3 eggs, cottage cheese, tuna, sweetcorn and spring onion. Although definitely going to try one with a pasta and sauce packet after reading this!!

Made it for the first time today did red onion & mushrooms. Just had it for lunch with SW chips and baked beans............it was yum. Will def be doing again.

Xassy - try precooking the mushrooms first and then drain them off - the extra moisture might be coming from them!!! xxx

just a quick tweak on this quiche, if you soak 200g of couscous with 250ml of boiling water and a veg oxo cube, pack it down into a baking tin lined with greaseproof paper sprayed with frylight then put the egg mix on top with veggies and cheese mixed in. when its cooled down you can cut it into slices and munch away. very very nice!!! i fry all my veg (onions, red peppers, mushrooms) first, it has a lovely pizza feel to it. i make it a few times a week, never lasts long though x

I always make mine the same. 3 eggs to one tub of quark.
Mixed in whateva cooked veg you want. I like brocoli 9just the very small florets off the tips, steamed) with ham lined in the bottom of the dish as a crust. HeA of cheese on top. Always comes out lovely.

Just eating a slice of my first ever SW quiche. I put bacon, mushrooms and brocolli in with the 4 eggs and cottage cheese, and sprinkled grated cheese over it. I can't believe how tasty it is and can't wait to try it on my cottage cheese hating boyfriend to see if he detects it in there. I'm sure I wouldn't have.

(Do they put cottage cheese in 'normal' quiche??)

OMG - I'm going to try this idea next time...

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Quiche-in-Prosciutto-Cups-356529

Basically you use the prociutto ham (any fat cut off) to line miffin tins to make mini-quiches. Mmmmm. They look really good too, so brilliant for entertaining (which is a bit awkward with normal SW quiche as it's not so good to pick up I think).

I'll still keep the egg & cottage cheese mix the same though.

I use 4 eggs, a big tub of cottage cheese, bacon, ham, mushrooms, onions and courgette. The only trouble is, it seems to be really watery at the bottom of the dish. :confused:

Probably just too much liquid to start with. Most recipe have just 2 or 3 eggs and a 300g tub of cottage cheese. Also what size if the dish you are using?

Back