Slimming World Quiche

When I make my SW quiches I whizz the tub of cottage cheese and 4-5 eggs in a blender, because I don't like the texture of the cottage cheese in it.

I stirfry sliced red onions, red pepper, courgette and mushrooms together (sometimes I vary the veg a bit), mix up 4 eggs, a tub of cottage cheese, some mixed herbs, a little chilli powder and cumin powder, quickly mix in the stirfried veg, pour into a pre-frylighted quiche dish and chuck into a preheated to 180 deg oven for about 20 mins- Yummmm! I have a slice for breakfast with baked beans and Quorn/very low fat sausages or for lunch with SW chips and an interesting salad (I can recommend the potato, fennel & roasted tomato salad in the Jan/Feb '10 SW mag- I just omit the potato if having chips!) X

never made the quiche before, i'm definitely going to try it. Quick question though can you reheat it though or is it best to eat it cold.

Thanks

I usually have it cold for lunch at work but I think you should be able to just reheat it in the microwave for a bit.

And just to note that the official SW line is that quiche made with pasta and sauce is not syn free any more. However if you've been using it and still losing weight at an acceptable level then you can carry on counting it as free.

I sometimes make a really easy veg quiche which is free on both red and green.

I microwave a few of those little packs of veg for a couple mins then pour them into a big dish, then i beat 2/3 eggs and add them to a large tub of cottage cheese and then pour that on top of the veg and then put it into the oven for about 45 mins and its yummy :D Sometimes add a bit of cheese on top :D

I have started using a hand mixer and making my cottae cheese runny before i cook it,, tastes soooo nice :)

I line a muffin tin with ham slices. Cook my veg then add this to the ham and pour my egg and cottage cheese mixture over the top. I like having the individual quiches - less hassle to cut into slices and much easier to pick one up and munch on!

I used to just use cottage cheese, eggs and then my fillings or whatever veggies etc I had in. Sometimes I would top with cheese if I had a HE spare.

But recently discovered it tastes much nicer if you blend your HE cheese allowance in with the quiche mixture. I also came up with a low syn pastry base, the end result was just like real quiche. Delicious!!

I am making another one this week. Is my new lunch time fav.

Made a SW quiche today:
1) fry light fried a courgette then used it as a base at the bottom of quiche dish.
2) Made up a sachet of Ainsley Harriots Moroccan medley couscous (im guessing 2 syns for the sachet) which i spread on top of the courgette.
3) then i whisked together 3 eggs and half a tub of quark and poured it on top.
4) put in the over for about 25 mins, i wasnt sure so kept checking after 15 mins.

My little brother said it tasted of donor kebab, i didnt agree but thought it was really tasty.

I usually have it cold for lunch at work but I think you should be able to just reheat it in the microwave for a bit.

And just to note that the official SW line is that quiche made with pasta and sauce is not syn free any more. However if you've been using it and still losing weight at an acceptable level then you can carry on counting it as free.

Hi Circes just read your thread above, I'm really confused. I understood that if you used syn free pasta n sauce i.e Batchelors Tomato onion & herb (made up with water) in your quiches the quiche would be syn free.
I also checked in the slimming world food directory 2010 and the tomato one is on page 15 and says its free on green and extra easy. Then on the slimming world official website in the recipe archive..... great for green under colourful vegetable quiche... other suggestions
" Pasta Quiche - free on green & Extra Easy - make up a packet of pasta n sauce (syn free version) such as Batchelors Tomato, Onion & Herb pasta n sauce, pour into flan dish and then add cottage cheese mixture"
So I understand there is a lot of conflicting advice out there. What does anyone else think?

Under the new regime it's not syn free any more I'm afraid, even though the ingredients may all be free. SW have changed it because people were abusing it by having it too often, too much or as a snack in between meals and it was affecting losses. I can understand that as pasta and sauce is high in calories and it is easy to overdo it. They would argue that snacks should be primarily superfree foods. But if you are only having it occasionally or as part of a meal and are continuing to lose weight then it is fine to still have it.

I make this quite a lot, use 4 eggs, 500g cottage cheese, bacon and mushrooms always seems to turn out yummy. I had it last night with sw chips and beans, and today have it again for lunch at work with salad. I have never tried adding anything else for fear it may become soggy, what do others use?

If you add a HEa of parmesan to the mix it makes it extra extra cheesy, like proper quiche.

I line my quiche dish with Quorn ham/Quorn chicken slices and then chuck in chunks of raw pepper frozen broccoli and fresh chillies, pour over a mixture of 2/3 eggs and 1/2 a tub of Quark. I then sprinkle with smoked paprika and fresh black pepper and cook for 25 mins. It goes a little puffy in the middle and then settles as soon as it comes out of the oven. It is absolutely delicious.

Mine is really nice and I got it from ASDA for £3. I looked everywhere including all the expensive cook shops and they didn't have one anywhere!

Back