Slimming World Quiche

oh dear - must be the liquid volume then - i use 300g and 3 eggs - that seems to have a good consistency, i handblend it all together and it looks like a batter mix!!!

Keep experimenting, you will get there in the end! xxx

Does anyone know how much cottage cheese is needed for 4 eggs??

I have read in one place that you need 4 eggs and 150g of cc and somewhere else you need 4 eggs and 500g of cc!

I have made this before but can't remember what I did and remember it being stodgy anyway! Really craving it now.....

Ta muchly x :D

OK, thanks chick :D

I am looking to make a biggish one so will probably double those measurements and add LOADS of veg and ham!

Thanks for the reply x

oooh that sounds lush, have you got the full recipe babe? a ham one sounds good! could add sweetcorn for an extra easy day too

xx

Hey graciebabes! SW quiche is LUSH - definitely worth a go:

I use:
Mushrooms
Onions
Peppers
Courgettes
Plum tomatoes
Ham
(you could any veg that you wanted though – sweetcorn is an excellent choice!)
300g Very low fat cottage cheese
4 eggs

Fry mushrooms, onions, peppers (any veg that you have really) in fry light for a couple of minutes

Beat 4 eggs and add to the cottage cheese.

Add the veg and ham to the mixture and stir well – add salt and pepper / any other herbs that you fancy

Place in baking dish and cook at 180 degrees for 20 – 25 mins (keep an eye on it though as it can brown very quickly)

You could also add cheese from your HexA. Yum!

I will let you know how mine goes tonight! x x :D :D

I chuck in a small pot of cott cheese with 4 eggs and anything else I have in my fridge that I fancy throwing in- any veg, and sometimes some ham! I've used smoked salmon before now and really really enjoyed it! I think quiches are a great SW fave because you can have them at home hot, cold, with salad, with stirfried veg, with JP, alongside some pasta or risotto, for breakfast or as a late night snack when you get 'picky'! They're also fab taken to work as they're filling!!X

You can mix a supermarkets tinned curry (syns vary, check before doing!) with beaten eggs and pour in quiche dish and cook til set for a change

Well, the quiche was dee-bloomin-lish! :D Ha! Had to cook it for about 30-35 minutes to dry it out though as it was very watery at first! who would have ever thought that cottage cheese could taste so good? (not a big fan of it on its own!)
Defo worth a try!

Thanks for the curry idea roinakathleen - sounds a bit weird but I love curry so am going to give it a go!! :D

This sounds more like a Frittata, especially if you add cooked potatoes. There is a recipe on the SW website for mini quiche which uses Quark.

Just made a huge quiche with 6 eggs and quark. Mushrooms, peppers, onions, ham and cheddar (Hex), also added Pasta and sauce (tomato and onion) but drained off most of the sauce.

Would put a picture on but i can't yet. It looks good.

Just demolished my quiche for 'lunch' (at 10.15 - oops!!)
Added sauteed leeks, mushrooms and bacon to the cottage cheese and egg mix (think I used about 150g to 3 eggs - fits my flan dish anyway) and added a spoonfull of marmite to the egg mix thanks to Ellebear's recent thread.
Was really really good.

I've also made mini quiches before - they're perfect for picnics and snacks!!

Use a cupcake tin, and line each one with a slice of ham (the small square shaped slices are perfect) then fill with an egg mixture to which I usually add a bit of FF natural yohurt or quark as they're a bit small for the cottage cheese chunks, and spring onions if you like, then top each with a cherry tomato slice.

Yum yum

I dont really know the full recipe for this quiche, just looking through the posts and came upon this. Quiche is a fav of mine but being on the sw plan i know i cant have it made with pastry/full fat cheese, so was just wondering about this one.

Cottage cheese and eggs are free, add bacon, ham or whateve free meat you like. Add cheese for an A choice if you want and then add a ton of superfree veg like onion, tomato, pepper, mushroom.
Just experiment really.
So, yes, it can be syn free!

Hi, which gives the best results...quark or cottage cheese ?
I have both sitting in the fridge. I'm gonna be brave and give it a go ! Also does it keep well in the fridge, so can use for 2 days ?

Thanks x

Flopsie - the cottage cheese v quorn is a personal preference .... i'm not keen on the latter, so it's cheese for me. I make a batch of mini ones in silicone muffin cases on a Sunday and take them to work for the next few days & they're fine. They might last a bit longer but they seem to magically disappear from my fridge when my daughter & grandchildren visit !!!!

Back