Slimming World Quiche

I made one of these yesterday with 3 eggs, tub of cottage cheese and mushrooms 'cos I couldn't decide whether to do red or green day. I cooked mine in the microwave for speed. Took about 10 minutes.

Didnt think of cooking it in the micro. Was it OK? May do that in future, thanks

These sound lush, I'm def going to try one. I have a metal cake tin, the type where you unclip it and the bottom comes out - would that be ok for cooking it in?

Also anyone tried it with flavoured cottage cheese?

Also, are these freezable? So you could bulk cook a load of different flavours, slice up and freeze in lunch sized portions?

My SW quiches always seems a bit "wet" ok the day it is cooked, but the day after when I have it for lunch (and breakfast!), it seems to be quite wet.

I normally use a small pot of CC and 3 eggs, with mushrooms, peppers, onions, bacon and sweetcorn.

I nearly always let it go too brown. One minute it is not cooked, then in a matter of minutes it is really cooked!

Any suggestions to stop the wetness? I'm wondering if it is the peppers or the mushrooms. I cook it all off in frylite for a few minutes on the hob first, then strain it before it goes in the flan dish.

Still yummy though and I hate cottage cheese!

Thanks

This sounds god! I only have a tub of morrisons eat smart 2% far cottage cheese with onion and chives in my fridge though! Do u guys think this would work and how many extra syns?

Tilly_Doll said:
I made a quiche at the weekend:-

4 eggs
227g low fat cottage cheese
Loads of bacon (grilled)
Onion
Mixed herbs (optional)

Preheat Oven
Grill bacon and remove fat
Wisk the eggs and add the cottage cheese
Chop the onion
Add the bacon, onion and cottage cheese mixture together in a bowl, sprinkle the mixed herbs and place the mixture is an oven proof dish.
Cook for 30 mins at 190 degrees/200 degrees and hey presto!

It was deliccc too! I had mine with a side salad! :p:D:p

Is the free?

Hi folks

My lovely friend baked me a quiche the other day - shes an old hand at slimming world - im relatively new to it and she wanted to help me sort out some new meals. Cooked me a scrummy slimming world quiche - the pasta base one and it was absolutely scrummy - the egg/quark topping actually reminded me of a moussaka - so i used the same technique to make a moussaka tonight and it was absolutely lovely :)

I was always told 250g cottage cheese and 6 eggs.
I made one yesterday and it is smooth and 'quiche like' in the middle.
The beauty is you can add anything free and it's so filling!
Great for when I'm on a nibble hunt lol x

OMG - I'm going to try this idea next time...

Quiche in Prosciutto Cups Recipe at Epicurious.com

Basically you use the prociutto ham (any fat cut off) to line miffin tins to make mini-quiches. Mmmmm. They look really good too, so brilliant for entertaining (which is a bit awkward with normal SW quiche as it's not so good to pick up I think).

I'll still keep the egg & cottage cheese mix the same though.

This is a great idea, as you said it would be good for entertaining/buffets/barbeques etc :)

Hi Guys

Can I post up my recipe for mini SW quiches here?

I make these on a twice weekly basis at the moment (they do not hang around for long!). Ideal for a breakfast (had a couple this morning as very busy at work), a picnic snack or for lunch with loads of salad. You can eat them hot or cold. The are totally yummy!

These ingredients make 6 mini quiches.

6 rounds of lean ham
150g plain cottage cheese
3 eggs
small red onion
3 to 4 chopped mushrooms
salt & black pepper
6 cherry tomatoes

Option - add handful of low fat grated mature cheddar if required.

1. Heat oven to 190c.

2. Spray with fry light a 6 hole muffin tin (I find a silcon muffin tray the best).

3. Line each hole with a piece of lean ham (cut the ham to fit if required).

4. Mix eggs and cottage cheese together with an electric hand whisk (breaks down the cottage cheese lumps!).

5. Add raw red onion and mushrooms (and cheddar cheese if required), season to taste.

6. Spoon mixture into ham lined muffin tray. Top with halved cherry tomato per quiche.

7. Pop into hot oven for approx 25 to 30 mins until risen and lightly browned.

You can vary the quiche mixture to include chopped cooked bacon, raw peppers or whatever takes your fancy!

Enjoy!!

Steph,did you enjoy it? If you did, don't fix what's not broken. However, if you feel room for improvement I would maybe suggest 2 eggs...That is what the 'original' red day used to use for the corned beef recipe. It would come out less 'souffle-ey' if you know what I mean? Not that we are allowed corned beef anymore :(((...

Hi all

I've planned to make the quihe for the first time today and it's the recipe for the rainbow veg quiche which I found online. Its says 3 eggs and 150g cottage cheese, is that enough cottage cheese for 3 eggs as everybody on here seems to use a little more?

Thanks in advance :eek:)

Aileen

Ohh me oh my SW Quich

Just made the Sw quich with some of that tiny past in, put my 4 hexsA of cheese on as I was planning on having a slice a day. Stuffed it with peppers, mushrooms and onions, and it was devine.
I ate a quater and sprinkled oregano on top mmmmm. Then went back for another slice, Put some Tomatoe puree on the top and .......Oh good god, tasted like pizza.
OH even likes it and he doesnt like quich or Slimming stuff in it.

Think this will be a definate favourate in our house. Next time though, im going to simmer down a carton of passata and put that on the top after its cooked then the cheese on top.

Sod it, Im having that for tea tomorrow yum yum

Can you post a full recipe? Sounds great! I tried to make one before but it was dodgy!!! Xx

Back