Slimming World Quiche

Do u use plain cottage cheese?? Might cook this later after work

nothing tastes as good as being slim feels

I made these little quiches for my picnic yesterday. They were delicious and went down a treat with my 2 year old!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oooh thanks will definitely be making these for our picnic at the weekend, never thought of making mini ones using ham that way Faberoonie! xx

Williams said:
Do u use plain cottage cheese?? Might cook this later after work

EatenMess said:
Oooh thanks will definitely be making these for our picnic at the weekend, never thought of making mini ones using ham that way Faberoonie! xx

Hi, this is the recipe I used. It used quark rather than cottage cheese. They were really tasty and went down a treat.

information
Serves: 6
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Syns per serving:
EE free, Orig free, Green 3

ingredients
Fry Light
6 round slices of ham (for the cases)
1 leek, finely chopped
4 rashers lean bacon, all fat removed and chopped
green and red peppers, chopped
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 slice of ham, chopped
fresh chives, chopped
half a tub of quark (mine was 250g tub)
3 eggs
1 tsp Dijon mustard
3 or 4 cherry tomatoes sliced

method
1. Spray a six-hole deep-fill muffin tin with Fry Light and line each with a slice of ham, folding it back on itself to lie against the side of the tin.

2. In a pan sprayed with Fry Light, sauté the leek, bacon and peppers until soft. Season with black pepper. Add the chopped ham and divide the filling mixture between the six ham cases and add some chopped chives.

3. Beat the quark, eggs and mustard together with a little black pepper, then carefully pour equal amounts into each ham case, and decorate the tops with the sliced cherry tomatoes.

4. Stand the muffin tin in a baking tray half full of hot water and place in the oven at 160°C/Gas 3 for around 30 minutes, or until set.

5. Take the muffin tin out of the hot water and leave for 10 to 15 minutes to cool before removing the quiches.

image-2710436479.jpg

I made this today and it was delish, my early lunch before work
Mushroom onion bacon quiche

Thankyou so much ohblondeone! xx

I made these little quiches for my picnic yesterday. They were delicious and went down a treat with my 2 year old!

This thread really inspired me. I made mini quiches for a picnic and, because they are so quick and easy to do, they now take them for my lunch at least once a week.

having experimented, my basic recipe makes 2 mini quiches made in ramekins:

100g cottage cheese
1 large egg
2 slices of sandwich ham to line the ramekins
any veg e.g. peppers, spring onions, leeks
any lean meat/salmon (although my favourite had 2 slices of salami!)
seasoning

preheat oven to 180 c
cook the veg and meat (dry-fry, grill...)
meanwhile, line the ramekins with the ham - doesn't have to be perfecr
stir the cottage cheese and egg together
add the veg/meat to the mixture and pour into the lined ramekins
put in the oven for about 30 mins

when they're cool they can be taken out of the ramekins and stored in the fridge if you can resist eating them straight away!

I have tried without lining the ramekins, but it's just not as easy to eat without knife and fork.

I find I don't need to grease the ramekins.

Hi,

Just wanted to say...I love this made with quark, smoked salmon (cut into thin pieces) and dill. Also fresh parsley if you have some...a bit different and full of flavour. Mmmmmm.

Ooh interesting. Do you use the quark instead of the cottage cheese and mix the egg into it?
My friend used smoked salmon to lie ramekins and that worked well too

Hi Claire, no I don't use cottage cheese in this one, just blobs of quark dotted around, pieces of smoked salmon (lining ramekins with it is a good idea) and herbs then chuck the whole whisked egg mixture on top. That way you get little burts of quark which is really nice and fresh against the greasyness of the salmon. Making myself hungry!!

mmmmm...I'm glad I stumbled across this tread! These look so tasty, I will definately be trying these :)

I made my first SW quiche a couple of days ago and LOVED it! Make up Batchelors cheese and brocolli pasta with water. Meanwhile, 'fry' the bacon and onion together. Place in a bowl with 4 eggs, 1 tub of cottage cheese with chives, 4 cheese triangles, 1 tsp mustard and pinch of salt. Add the pasta and mix everything together. mmm :D

Half a packet of mr mash 150g of cottage cheese with an egg and seasoning...blitz it in mixer until dough is produced if too wet add more mr mash...

Roll out mash and line flan tin or what ever you have, spray fry light in tin first...then blind bake unti
l golden!

Then add filling of choice...I use the last of the cottage cheese and add 6 eggs with onion bacon/ham/salmon the choice is yours fill pastry case until full then bake until firm x absolutely gorgeous and so filling x

Made 6 small quiches really lovely and very filling

I line a muffin tin with ham slices. Cook my veg then add this to the ham and pour my egg and cottage cheese mixture over the top. I like having the individual quiches - less hassle to cut into slices and much easier to pick one up and munch on!

when you do this do you have to fry light the ham and such so it doesnt stick/burn???

I've seen a few people do this, or they use smash, in a simialr way as smash pizza :) x

I just made this for lunch for me and my 2 year old and it was delicious. I used grilled bacon and frozen peas, with 5 eggs and a tub of quark (275g I think). I used some low fat grated cheese on top and baked it for 25 mins at 180. I think this will definitely be a regular on our menu from now on!

Attachments

• image-2750727436.jpg
    image-2750727436.jpg
    678.2 KB · Views: 1,244
Back