Slimming World Quiche

I just finished eating my lunch and have to say the Mini Quiches are delicious!! The rest wont be in the fridge long!!
I lined 8 muffin tins with ham as the base (didnt even need to spray with fry light) mixed 250g pot Quark to one egg, added chopped red onion, mixed well and poured into the tins. Then Sprinkled with Cheese (HexA) and baked for 1/2 hour. Absolutely gorgeous and will deffo be a staple lunchtime food now!:)

I make mine as follows:

150g low fat cottage cheese
3 eggs
batchelors savoury rrice any speed food

cook rice as per packet when cooked pour into loaf tin and compress on to bottom evenly
meanwhile whisk 3 eggs in a jug and mix in cottage cheese and veg raw. Pour the mixture on top of rice and cook in oven until lightly brown on top and not too liquidy. Approx 40 minutes.

I use a silicon loaf tin then it's easy to pop out and doesn't stick.

And I make mine with macaroni cheese batchelors (1.5 syns) and omit the smash, dont like that. I mix 2 tubs quark, and 2 tubs cottage cheese and 6 eggs with it. Bung in the oven for about 25 mins, sprinkle he cheese on top and back in the oven for another 10. Really lush

Half a packet of mr mash 150g of cottage cheese with an egg and seasoning...blitz it in mixer until dough is produced if too wet add more mr mash...

Roll out mash and line flan tin or what ever you have, spray fry light in tin first...then blind bake unti
l golden!

Then add filling of choice...I use the last of the cottage cheese and add 6 eggs with onion bacon/ham/salmon the choice is yours fill pastry case until full then bake until firm x absolutely gorgeous and so filling x

Made 6 small quiches really lovely and very filling

I think next time I attempt to make a SW quiche; i'll be using a smash base!

I popped over the local shops during my lunchbreak ~ I couldn't get quark or low fat cottage cheese I could only get low fat soft cheese. Would this work in a quiche?

It probably would but if its not a healthy extra you would have to syn it. Though I suppose it wouldnt be too bad if it was between a few of you. The beauty of some natural cottage cheeses and quark is that they are free. With the cottage cheese though you would have to check. I know Asda smart price one is freeeeeeeeeeeee.

Probably a bit late now, but I often use low fat Philli type cheese, as I cannot always get low fat cottage cheese over here. And tbh, I prefer it, as you don't get all the lumps. Mind you we only snack on ours throughout the week, (as opposed to a main meal) so I count it as a HEB.

Hi catbird thin, I often just use the light laughing cow triangles as my HEXB. It still works out really tasty.!!

I've just made 6 in a muffin pan using small pot of 0% yog, 2 eggs, added salt, pepper, spring onion, red pepper, paprika!! Used smoked ham to line Tim. They are delicious, but need to get more ham now!!

someone made one with quark and I use a pot of quark and 4 eggs with bacon and onion and peas or whatever you like in it

Faye cheshire

Made some quiches tonight with bacon as the "pastry"- not had a whole one yet but tried a little bit of the filling from the edge and was Soo yummy.. Think these will become a regular thing.. Good for picnics and packed lunches xx

OMG .... just made one of these for my lunch - it was delicious!! 3 eggs, 230g cottage cheese, mushrooms, onion, courgette, mixed herbs with tomato slices on top. 30 mins in oven and oooohhh yum! Will put hex a grated cheese on next time.
Trying the New Yorker chicken tomorrow.

Tracy x

Back