227g low fat cottage cheese
Loads of bacon (grilled)
Onion
Mixed herbs (optional)

Preheat Oven
Grill bacon and remove fat
Wisk the eggs and add the cottage cheese
Chop the onion
Add the bacon, onion and cottage cheese mixture together in a bowl, sprinkle the mixed herbs and place the mixture is an oven proof dish.
Cook for 30 mins at 190 degrees/200 degrees and hey presto!

It was deliccc too! I had mine with a side salad! :p:D:p

Copied and pasted this sounds gorgeous!

I like to make mine with Ainsley Harriott cous cous as it gives them a lovely texture. Try the mushroom and garlic variety with a small tub cottage cheese with onion/chives, 3/4 eggs depending on size and lots of mixed mushrooms. Yummy!

is the cous cous free or do i need to syn it? this sounds great.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I've made this twice now and love it but both times it's seemed wet on the bottom. It's completely set and there is no fluid left in the dish but the underneath seems wet. I left out mushrooms the second time because I thought it might have been that but the underneath still came out the same. This time I've used one onion, one red pepper a bit on ham, 3 eggs and 300g cottage cheese. Any tips will be appreciated:)

Thanks

There is a recipe on SW website that I'm going to try for mini quiche muffins which are free on EE, G & R

300g Fat Free Cottage Cheese
4 large eggs
1 small onion chopped (red or white or mix)
cherry toms
mushrooms
any left over vegetables
low cal spray
Salt and pepper

pre heat oven to 180
spray 12 muffin cases with low cal spray
mix cheese, eggs, onion and salt n pepper
spoon into muffin cases and add your vegetables on top
bake for 25 - 30 min
serves 12.

you can adapt them to put ham, tuna, etc

My mouth is watering reading these! I bought some cottage cheese tonight in a post meeting healthy shopping trip and I've never really used it before. Do you blend it before adding it to the eggs or do you just put it in lumpy?
Thankyou!

The leftover SW quiche was lush for breakfast......

View attachment 137330

That sent me running to check the fridge to see if I had all the ingredients. Yep, so that's tea sorted... and possibly breakfast tomorrow too. Thanks :)

Hi, I use a slice of wafer thin ham to line the muffin trays which makes them really tasty and the ham acts as a casing for the mixture.

I was surprised how tasty it was. That will definitely become a favourite here and so many ways to ring the changes with different flavours.

Absolutely!

The combinations are endless....peppers, onions, tuna, salmon, bacon, ham, anything!

Absolutely! The combinations are endless....peppers, onions, tuna, salmon, bacon, ham, anything!
I had some scraps of chicken breast, red peppers, chilli and fresh garden herbs so mixed those in today for a different taste. Really enjoyed it with a big green salad, could have done with a bigger plate!

I had some scraps of chicken breast, red peppers, chilli and fresh garden herbs so mixed those in today for a different taste. Really enjoyed it with a big green salad, could have done with a bigger plate!

Sounds a lovely combo!

Made this one with Quark, but thought it was a bit rubbery....

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1411810919.306472.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back