Slimming World snack tips for my husband please

Hi, My first post here! My husband and I are both on SW. I had less to lose and reached/maintained target, but husband has "lost the plot!". His real struggle is with evening snacks, and resorts to crisps etc. There's only so much FF yoghurt dips/veg sticks he can eat! Any tips for hearty snacks from any chaps out there ?​

Hi! Well done on reaching and maintaining target :) not a chap here but I have inadvertently put my OH on sw as he eats what I cook ;-) when he is trying to be good he will ask what he can have as a snack and these are usually what I suggest, though it depends on whether he prefers sweet or savoury and how much time you have?!
Make 'rolls' using a little gem leaf, ham then Branston or cottage cheese. Roll up and snack away.
veg roasted in balsamic makes a nice change to carrot/cucumber sticks.
Sw quiche/muffins
Sw curry loaf
Nuts/raisins or other dried fruit/ alpen lights if he has a Hexb left.
Low syns: fun size chocolate bars, sugar free marshmallows, sugar free jelly, some ice lollies, sw tiramisu/trifle.

Hope this helps! X

Save hexb for supper, say ryvita minis, toast, puffed wheat I like these without milk yummy to snack on & you get so much for your allowance.

You could make a couscous cake but this is classed as a tweak & personally for me I think ok occasionally, or he could always have a supper like a small meal say leftover shepherds pie etc or do you mean more nibbles?

If I think of anything else I'll let you know ;)

I make a thing I call a sausage slice: cooked rice (I use wholegrain but could be any type),3 or 4 beaten eggs (depending on size and how much rice you've used), 3 or 4 chopped up Linda McCartney rosemary and red onion sausages, onion and chilli (fried first in Fry Light), salt and pepper. Mix it all together, then pour into a baking dish and cook for about half an hour at gas mark 5 (not sure of the electric equivalent). You can eat it hot but it is absolutely yummy cold. Slice it up and keep in the fridge; it keeps for a couple of days. I have a couple of slices whenever I'm peckish - savoury carby goodness and no syns. I know it sounds peculiar but it is really nice, honest!

I make a thing I call a sausage slice: cooked rice (I use wholegrain but could be any type),3 or 4 beaten eggs (depending on size and how much rice you've used), 3 or 4 chopped up Linda McCartney rosemary and red onion sausages, onion and chilli (fried first in Fry Light), salt and pepper. Mix it all together, then pour into a baking dish and cook for about half an hour at gas mark 5 (not sure of the electric equivalent). You can eat it hot but it is absolutely yummy cold. Slice it up and keep in the fridge; it keeps for a couple of days. I have a couple of slices whenever I'm peckish - savoury carby goodness and no syns. I know it sounds peculiar but it is really nice, honest!

This sounds really delicious. A bit like the curry loaf in principal. Ill try next time I find those sausages :) thanks for sharing!

Sounds yummy so think i will make some next week :)

Back