Slimming World- Staying on plan at work

AdeleGould14

Thought I'd start a 'slimming world at work' thread as sometimes there are so many temptations,I need to be more focused at work than at home! Key things that help me are:

- Measuring my milk for cups of tea and putting it a bottle
-Taking lots of fruit, making a fruit salad to snack on
-Planning/ preparing my lunch, as I'm cooking tea the night before
-Taking a bottle of NAS squash and leaving it in my office
-having a variety of different lunches inc. things like sandwiches and crisps and home made soup

If anyone has any other ideas to share then your more than welcome. Will post some lunch ideas for different plans later xx

-

If your office is anything like mine then it's all about resisting naughty kitchen treats too! We had £40 worth of chocolate in our kitchen at one point plus homemade samosas - it was hell! I managed to mostly resist but the thing that helped me the most was to have some treats with me in my draw (treat sized chocolate etc) so that I didn't feel deprived. Plus having a massive lunch so I was too full to even think about snacking really helps! I also keep a massive bottle of water on my desk and go for that first if I feel nibbly :)

I often have a variety of different salads eg pasta salad, rice salad, leftover new potatoes with chicken or egg and salad, Couscous. I try and make sure i have something different to help my weight loss and stop me getting bored as well.

This is a great thread Hun.

I start my new job after holiday on 1st May so want to be really good and resist any temptations xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fab hun! My office is always full of goodies like homemade cakes,biscuits,sweets...I find it hard to resist at times but just recently Ive found that having a small choc treat and filling up of fruit has helped xxx

If your office is anything like mine then it's all about resisting naughty kitchen treats too! We had £40 worth of chocolate in our kitchen at one point plus homemade samosas - it was hell! I managed to mostly resist but the thing that helped me the most was to have some treats with me in my draw (treat sized chocolate etc) so that I didn't feel deprived. Plus having a massive lunch so I was too full to even think about snacking really helps! I also keep a massive bottle of water on my desk and go for that first if I feel nibbly :)

My office sounds just like yours! this yr I might just book the week before xmas off as food gifts triple! Yes water helps me too! Im considering having a treat tin in my draw :) xx

We have started having a fruit bowl / fund that gets topped up once a week. That way there is always something syn free available.

Hiya, I work from home now but when I was office based, magic porridge was brilliant for me, well it still is now, but if you're in a rush to get to work, magic porridge is so easy to do the night before, take in a little tuppaware pot and eat at work - I used to find it filled me up until lunch xxx

Also, 2 x Alpen Lights for a Hex B - found having one with mid morning coffee, and one with mid afternoon tea was all I needed if for a sweet treat and didn't feel left out when office was full of doughnuts etc. xx

I find work really hard as we never take lunch breaks as such , so I need food I can grab and run. If I have had my b choice for breakfast then lunch that I don't need to eat with a fork is quite difficult. I also get offered food by many of the Asian families I visited who are Insulted if you say no.

My office sounds just like yours! this yr I might just book the week before xmas off as food gifts triple! Yes water helps me too! Im considering having a treat tin in my draw :) xx

I know, it was shocking at Christmas last year! We had takeaway Pizza Express, mince pies, chocolate - the works! Was lovely but not so good for staying on plan ;)

Treat tin sounds like a plan - I might think of doing one myself :)

I always get in work 30 minutes to an hour before everyone else (I am the manager and prefer to get there early before all the phone calls and meetings start) and I use that time to have breakfast, I make sure there are Weetabix in the cupboard and I take fruit for the week. There is a community café at work too and luckily the lady who runs it is on SW and she does SW recipes and she tells me how many syns they are. I always have alpen light, options sachet, low syns treats etc in my filing cabinet too.
Near my work is the factory which makes cakes for marks and spencer's, there is a factory shop where you can get cakes etc really cheap, for example, the other week my colleague bought a cake which was labelled at £12 and she bought it for £1.25... this is where I really struggle with temptation!

I always get in work 30 minutes to an hour before everyone else (I am the manager and prefer to get there early before all the phone calls and meetings start) and I use that time to have breakfast, I make sure there are Weetabix in the cupboard and I take fruit for the week. There is a community café at work too and luckily the lady who runs it is on SW and she does SW recipes and she tells me how many syns they are. I always have alpen light, options sachet, low syns treats etc in my filing cabinet too.
Near my work is the factory which makes cakes for marks and spencer's, there is a factory shop where you can get cakes etc really cheap, for example, the other week my colleague bought a cake which was labelled at £12 and she bought it for £1.25... this is where I really struggle with temptation!

mmm cake! lol! I have taken in the small ww cakes before, or had a slither of cake and then not had any other syns for the day. I have porridge sachets in my draw bt think I need to stock it with things like hot choc sachets for days when everyone else is having a cake fest lol! I like to get in early too and have had beans on toast in the past :)
I've seen the small packs of weetabix in co-op that I might get for work :) xx

This is a great thread!
Nurses desks are loaded with sweets, chocolates, biscuits, crisps. They even order pizzas and sit there scoffing while I munch away on my grapes. I move them out of my reach so I'm not tempted. Have to make sure I've got enough to eat, to last the night. Sometimes bring in pasta or rice or stirfries.

Since I started in this job in July I have made a Point of NEVER having any communal biscuits or cakes....of which there are always plenty. Today for example, only 10:15 on a monday and there are two packets of M&S cookies and a victoria sponge cake. I know once I had one biccie I would forever be picking something up as a walk past so have always resisted.

I've tried having a treat tin but my willpower isn't strong enough. I prefer to make it difficult for myself to have choc during the day - I have to go down 7 flights of stairs and out to the shops!! The times I have done this are very few (although if I do go I take the stairs for body magic lol)

My saviours are all in the prep the night before - pasta dishes with stir fried super free, homemade soups, sarnies on a green or red day. Without planning I always slip up - and I have to write things down too!

I have made a new ruling at work that any unhealthy goodies are kept in the cupboard out of sight but healthy bits can stay on the work top and they all agreed. !!

Back