Slinking back in with tail between legs. . .

Alibongo

Happily pro pointing!
well not exactly slinky any more :sigh:

I lost 58lbs on LL back 2006/2007, went into RTM with still about 10lbs to go, didn't lose any more weight in the first few weeks, fast tracked RTM cos I was going on hols, then just stopped, thought I could do WW style diet to keep it off but obviously that hasn't worked out.
I have managed to put it all back on plus about 5 lbs.

So that's me restarting Wednesday next week.

Feel a total failure. I can't believe I have done this to myself. What an idiot! :cry: I feel so down on myself right now.

I was going to restart in the new year, but the LLC (my old one has emigrated so I have a new one) has suggested I start next week. So I have thought about it and will do so. It will be exactly 2 years on Sunday since I started the last time.

I am hoping I can get the great support I got here last time cos I think it is going to be harder this time round.

So that is me. Hi everyone :wavey:

Hi Ali

Welcome back. I remeber you.
You have done the hardest part. Starting again.
I agree about starting now rather than after Christmas. You'll be well on your way by then. Imagine if you had waited for another couple of months - you'd have a harder task ahead of you.
Sounds like you have a wise LLC.
Good luck. i know you'll get the support you want on here again.

Oh ALi, I am so sorry youa re feeling so down!! You were such a huge part of my success - you really helped me so much. I know you will nail this again, and you will have learned a very valuable lesson in the process.

Don;t beat yourself up.....jst remember the strength that got you through the first time and use that again. You can do this.

XXXX

Hi BL
Lovely to see you again, you are looking fantastic!

Having slept on it, I am feeling more positive about the future rather than dwelling on what I have done to myself. I can't wait to get started again!

I have to make sure that I do the RTM and maintenance properly this time, I have to keep it off, I can't do this to myself again.

I am glad you are around to help me this time.

Hi Slenda

You are looking fabulous, I am so pleased for you.
I am quite up and down about the whole thing, I am worried I can't do it all again, but excited at the outcome and how great it was to be thin.

Ali, I'm in the same boat, and I started again today, not going to pretend it's easy, but here I am again, and this time I WILL do it, and keep it off !!
Good luck karma, hopefully we can help each other through this. My first meeting is on Wednesday, I am joining a developers class and will start my packs on Thursday.
I am very determined at the moment that I will get to goal this time, follow RTM properly and continue going to class to help with maintenance. It was such a mistake to think I could just go it alone. I went into RTM with about 10lbs to go thinking I would lose in RTM but I just stopped losing even though I stuck to it to the letter for the first 4 weeks, I think it is where things started to fall apart for me, I fast tracked RTM after that, then dropped out compeletly. I don't think it helped that at the same time my LLC moved to Cyprus and I just didn't go back again after that.
I have the support of my DH, and I am pretty sure the rest of my family will be supportive too, they were last time.
The only difference is I have gone back to work now. All the girls in the office talk about is losing weight, so they will understand, but they don't know I did LL before and I am not sure how it is going to be received and whether they will be supportive or not. Going to try and drop it conversation this week and see how it goes.
Hope you have a good week.
x

Hi Ali & Karmawitch,
Lots of luck to you both as you get week 1 underway - it doesn't have to be harder 2nd time round. I'm sure you will both do fabulously:D

As my LLC said to me as a fellow returner... "you haven't failed, you just didn't get the end result you wanted last time"

Keep us posted on your progress

yoyo
xx

Thanks Karma
I think it will help to have an LL buddy on the same track.

Thanks YoYo
I have been cathcing up on the board and it does give you a lot of inspiration. Especially looking at some of the ladies that started the same time as me and are still maintaining.
Looking forward to getting started now.

Hi gals. I do think RTM is vital. And I think a lot assume they will continue to lose, and that is not always the case. SOme do, but others, like me taper off and stabilise in RTM. Thats why whenever anyone asks, I now say I think its best to get below or to goal, and then do RTM. Alsways easier to top up, then down. ;)

Good luck to you - Ali, I know it must seem daunting and scary - but you were such a star - you will soar again. You to KW. We're all here for the pair of you!

Thats one good thing about staying at the site so long - old friends come and go - always nice to see them again, no matter what the reason, though sorry for you guys its been for struggles. but those days will soon be behind you!!! :)

Good luck to you!!

Hi everybody. Just wanted to say that I restarted LL again this week and I'd really like to become part of the forum and help support everyone in the same boat. It is disheartening knowing you've done it all before but at least we know we can do it again, only keep doing it this time. Trying my best to stay awake as my body gets used to the regime. Bought a funny halloween costume with a corset and did it up super tight to see what I will look like in a few weeks/months. Very motivating!! Good luck to you Ali and KW.

: )

Hi Ali

I think you are right. The key to success does seem to be seeing it through to the end, giving yourself a "window" of a few pounds before starting RTM. Staying with the Programme through RTM is important. For me that was the hardest part- reintroducing food. It's so scary after being on abstinence for so long. You feel terrified that everything you eat will suddenly make you fat again.
In my head it's a bit like spending months restoring a vintage vehicle that has been off the road, then starting to drive it again. If you don't keep up the maintenance you'll be back to square 1.
I also go to the LL Group every week. It keeps me on track, reminds me of what I have achieved and why I did it.
It doesn't cost anything by then. I regard it rather like going to the gym. It's only a few hours a week.
Good luck ladies. Just think how much slimmer you'll be by Christmas.
You'll get loads of support from everyone here xx

I have my first meeting back on Wednesday and will start my packs Thursday morning.
Quite excited!

me too...i'm a returner as well, this will be my third try in fact...i did LL very successfully ooooh must be over 5 years ago now...lost over 3 stone, maintained it for quite a long while...then i got pregnant (happily so) and the pregnancy wasn't so bad for weight gain, but afterwards my daughter had some health probs and i was BF and just so hungry all the time..that i actually within a few months ate all my weight back on.

the second time was a bit of a non starter really...i wanted to lose weight before i had another baby, i didn't even manage a whole week in abstinence, i did lose a few llbs but called it a day after just a few weeks...looking back at that i think it was just in the back of my head that the pregnancy would pile the weight back on so what was the point...the wrong time for me.

Any way here i am again my babe is now coming up to ten months old and i feel ready to start again i'm not trying to lose weight for any other reason but me!!!

hope no-one judges me for my past failings..i just want a clean slate...so Alibongo and Karmawitch i am right there with you both too!

Nobody is gonna judge you here, we are all in the same boat, sailing off to skinnydom. :character00180:
Hop aboard.
:D

thanks Blonde Logic and Ali...i guess i need to be a bit kinder to myself...can't help but beat myself up though...the only person judging me is prob not so little old me :doh:

Back