Slip up!!

Jenny40

Need some motivation please girls. After losing stone and half on Cambridge I am gutted to find I've put on a stone in about three week - yikes! Can't get back on it, give up by 6pm cos can't be bothered to start it all again. Please help xxx

Hi hun, I've been where you are now. I've restarted SO many times and always give up by lunch time. It's always easier the first time round. Don't beat yourself up about it. Get your thoughts and plans together and try again tomorrow.
That stone you put on can be gone in 3-4 weeks if you really stick to the plan, some people lose that in 2 weeks. Try really hard to get through the first 3-4 days and it'll be so much easier after that. That stone will be gone quickly. I always nibble, a piece of chicken here or some prawns, or if I'm really naughty a packet of Hula Hoops, or I go all out and just eat whatever I like. I'm learning not to beat myself up and just get back to it the next day. This week is the first time in almost 2 years of restarting over and over that I've managed to do 1 week, (still picking at stuff) but I lost just over 9lbs. I realised that it was my alterego who always jeopardised my efforts. So now I just switch her off immediately she starts telling me that I can never do this diet again and should just give up. Or when I start thinking about food, I immediately switch off. If you can do that, just stop the thoughts as soon as they come, or any thoughts of giving up....don't let them build up at all, that's the ONLY thing that has worked for me so far. In the evenings I go to bed early so I'm not near the kitchen, I stay in bed and read stuff or keep myself occupied upstairs. If evenings are your worst times, try planning something you enjoy doing (not food related):rolleyes: in the evenings. Have a cup of tea, tell yourself you love those CD packs and can't wait to have some more :) Also try telling yourself, everyday, that you're just going to make it through today. Take it one day at a time, those days will soon add up. The other thing is, when you've done 3 days or 1 week and you weigh yourself, the weightloss will motivate you to keep going.
I hope I've made sense, and hope this is helpful because I totally understand where you are, and I really needed help too.
Promise yourself you're gonna make it through day 1, and take it from there. Accept that it's going to be tough, but you've done it before. You can do it again!
Something that helps me is reading other diaries, and seeing that other people, who are doing well on CD also find it tough, but they keep on at it. If they can do it so can you.
Good luck hun, let us know how you get on.

Back