Slow and steady:)

DewDrop1968

Hello all,
I started almost 2 years ago and have lost around 3.5st with Slimming World. I love the diet, mainly cos it isn't! I would have got to target a long time ago but spend a quarter of the year abroad and do not follow a healthy eating plan when I'm away. As a lifestyle it works for me.
Unfortunately life and holidays have got in the way over the last 6 months and I currently am 2lb heavier than when I went on my 6 week summer break.
I have had enough of losing the same 7lb and hopefully I will make progress before I go off again in 10 days for another break.
I WILL get there :)

Welcome to Minmins Dewdrop, what day do you weigh , im not on the SW but I eat consciously now instead of zombie on a life destruction road. 7lb is not to bad id lov to only need to be rid of 7lb, very lucky lady and i'm sure you will kick that away soon.

I usually weigh on a Tuesday but weighed today at old group as I wanted to catch up with them all. Lost 2.5lb this week, got to this point 13 Dec as well so hopefully with 2 more weigh-ins before I go away I can make some progress :).
What are you doing differently, what has changed your mindset? Good luck for continuing to have a better relationship with food :).

Im just not happy carrying weight Dewdrop, the frustration of feeling a roll off my rib cage resting on my hips and i'm so agitated. I don't like clothes either, I think i'm the kind of person who should of been in the flower power days with butterfly's drawn on me bum, but right now they'd be dragons!!
I've also watch my mum decline greatly she's 86 to heavy to lift. I have one Son I don't want anyone to look after me when i'm older, I will deal with my issues myself but the longer I can postpone that the better.
I was on an extremely good path but I meet someone who was really not good for the cause and not great to me and works a lot on a sabotage mind-set. Everything is a challenge and he has to win, it ruins everything even friendships.

So five years of sheer lostness and no idea of my own needs and existence, i'm back and i'm thoroughly enjoying it and embracing the future " alone" as I was before , my intention was to stay alone and has been for the past 15 odd years, I knew roughly when I was 26 I wanted a single life. I just don't work in life as a couple and also look after me, my focus is automatically pinned to anyone who I am with and if that's taken advantage of i'm doomed. All to do with my child hood i'm sure but still something that I have to take care of nurture and make sure i'm ok over all else as I do have grandchildren and a son and mum that I have to look out for.

Also being 50 and the years are disappearing quickly I think there are only so many chances to do something like this and my goal is to still lift my own body weight on Monkey bars, i'm very interested in Callisthenics but that's along ways off for me :D
So in life in general i'm pretty sorted, selling my house this year moving on to a securer future so a complete package for me would be my health under control more. :)

differently food wise its just quitting anything I know that's bad, I wont pick up a packet of anything unless its in the complete form it was when picked or laid etc apart from Fish in sushi.
I do have to have a cooked chicken as I've never plucked one in my life and id want to keep it as a pet! and I also have cuppa soups.

No potatoes, crackers, chips etc so very low carbs.
Sugars gone, cakes, anything that I really know is just rubbish for my body and it will get zero nutrients or good energy.
I only drink , tea and water and the odd coffee, so no alcohol intake.

My problem is exercise as i'm exhausted most days looking after Mum, but it must start , no more putting it off so out with the bicycle it is :)

I know that feeling of hating carrying the weight. I was in a morbidly obese category (just) but being an ostrich - something I'm prone to much of the time and ignoring it not putting my hatred of it into words.
I met my first husband at SW, we both lost weight together then I got comfortable while he carried on losing and then finding someone else.
I was lucky enough to find someone who truly loves me whatever size I am but is supportive of my weight loss.
I am also fast approaching 50 - less than 54 weeks away - but the thought that I will be a size I feel comfortable with stops me getting down with the thought of it. I will weigh less at 50 than 30 for sure - I lost 4st4lb between Sept 1999 and Aug 2000 so when I was 30 I weighed a very unhappy 14st.
I feel so much healthier just carrying around less weight, without doing much exercise I still feel able to move more.
I'll check out your thread tomorrow and thank you for taking the time to welcome me and post from the heart :).

Aw Dewdrop, woman of my own path. When you get rid of the judgmental then life is grand, it's just waiting untill they raise its ugly head enough for you to see.
My situation was a very strained uncomfortable unhappy one, but basically nothing more than lying in bed together watching TV a regular occurance, no longer a couple, not in anyway but still drastically tied by mental binding. I got out of bed did a booty shake which I suppose when a sense of humour was Alive in his brain it would of got the same result being a laugh, but he'd climbed upon the judgmental run of the ladder and I saw him cringe at my cellulite....now this guy had been 26 Stone and was in no way a stud in the mirror from the neck up, and was also on his way back up the scales.
So I clocked it stored it with the rest of his comments and degration and knew I was walking, that sealed the deal I think, it was just timing and thankfully my escape wasn't long after and I left without a word. I've breathed pure oxygen ever since, but recovery even though free takes time, I definitely came out if it with PTSD these relationships are strange and hard to explain , you can walk away when you like.....nope the devil's work is very clever and guilt is what it lives on.

But freedom is beautiful and each and every day I'm greatful for where I am.

Your so lucky to of found some to love you and also keep your Faith in love and relationships.

Having support of someone who wants to see you happy And achieve what you want not only what they want to control you getting must be a beautiful outlook on life. I wish you many years of happiness together and you have made an amazing difference in your life/health before so you know you can do it again.

Sometimes we get lost on other people's paths , I belive that gentle people see thinking of themselves as selfish where by that level across the board is normal. Meaning we come extremely last in many relationships and it takes the other to care just as much to put us right on that fact. Xx

Last edited:
Hi "lookingforme",
Been off work this week, would usually be difficult as time to snack. However been having mushroom omelette for breakfast and overnight oats at lunchtime with extra speed fruit.
Currently making a batch of veg soup in my new soup maker for next week - potato, sprouts, cauli, broccoli and carrots:) so today's lunch is veg soup and overnight oats:).
Pleased with my 2.5lb loss on Wed which was an 8 day week as usually weigh on Tues :).
How are you going?

2.5 is such a good steady amount , congrats on being strong at home.
It's strange but I can only get absorbed in better eating if I lock myself away for 2 weeks. I think k it's the external invite to have food with people.
Soup sounds delicious, I've read lots of posts in here regarding soup makers.

I'm doing great Thanks body's changing lots which is good to see, weights not flying off but that's just part of it.

Got grandkiddies over tonight which will be a big test :eek::rolleyes::D x

This was lunch :). Loving my soup maker - I think I spent £3-4 on ingredients and made 6 portions. I could easily have done it cheaper but only went to Waitrose as it was nearby!
Good luck with the little ones and with the weight loss journey x

Attachments

• IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Back