slow cooker help please!!!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by 1eturner, 30 September 2011 Social URL.

1. 1eturner

1eturner Full Member

Hi all i wonder if anyone can help, i seem to be failing every time i use my slow cooker, especially with beef,i have put it in with very little liquid for around 9 hours on low, and whatever cut of beef i use seems to be tough and chewy what im i doing wrong?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What brand do you have? I know some people with Tesco ones found they ran really fast even on the low setting.

Have you tried other meats to see how it works with them?

4. 1eturner

1eturner Full Member

i have the morphy richards one and an old tower slow cooker which i havent tried yet, but i have tried lots of different kinds of beef with no luck!:(

5. Nickinoonoo

Nickinoonoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.37%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What I've always been told is that meats which need slow cooking i.e the cheaper cuts on the whole, go through a tough stage, to a tender stage and then back to tough. I'd say it's over cooked. Surprised that happened in a slow cooker though.

I'm 99 per cent sure that that rule applies to oven slow cooking. I normally calculate for an 8 hr max. slow cook - any longer I put it on the lower setting on my slow cooker. This may not be the right answer though as never tested it beyond 8 hrs on normal setting!!!!

6. PatchworkPuss

PatchworkPuss Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3.5lb(39.42%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What cuts of beef are you using?
    And have you tried other meats eg a whole chicken?

Not all cuts are suitable for slow cooking - you need the tougher ones rather than prime cuts

http://life.familyeducation.com/main-dishes/nutrition/52348.html

http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/articles/the-best-beef-cuts-for-slow-cooking

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.