Slow cooker jacket potatoes

I do all my joints of meat in the slow cooker. Never add any water as the juices in the meat are enough. If its anything with fatty bits or skin I put the meat on top of tin foil balls but if there is no fat I just put it straight in the slow cooker.

Never tried jacket pots though. On my list to do.

Can I ask, when you put chicken, potatoes etc in slow cooker, do you put liquid in?
I always wanted a rotisserie but can't afford it, it sounds like I can do a whole chicken in the slow cooker just as good, what about a pork joint for pulled pork?

If I am doing say a chicken casserole then I do put some liquid in, It would be chicken pieces, carrot, onion, swede, barley, potatoes etc. On this type of thing you need to cover the ingredients in stock of some sort - at least I always have. Very nice it freezes too. Do loads in the winter.

Hope this helps Mrs JJ

If I am doing say a chicken casserole then I do put some liquid in, It would be chicken pieces, carrot, onion, swede, barley, potatoes etc. On this type of thing you need to cover the ingredients in stock of some sort - at least I always have. Very nice it freezes too. Do loads in the winter.

Hope this helps Mrs JJ

I think when you put vegies in they wont cook properly without being in liquid - I expect the jacket spuds work as they're wrapped in foil? Meat always cooks without liquid though - weird!

Never thought of putting potatoes in the slow cooker! Will definitely be trying this when I get a chance x

I currently have two potatoes in my slow cooker ready for tea tonight having read this thread a few days ago. However I forgot about wrapping them in foil and have sat them on foil - I hope they are going to be ok.

I currently have two potatoes in my slow cooker ready for tea tonight having read this thread a few days ago. However I forgot about wrapping them in foil and have sat them on foil - I hope they are going to be ok.

Let us know if they are ok. When I did the next batch I cut a cross in the top first. Don `t think it made any difference. I heated them from the freezer for 5 mins in the microwave. Turned out good.

Never thought of putting potatoes in the slow cooker! Will definitely be trying this when I get a chance x

I batch cook them and then freeze them after cooling and taking foil off.

Back