1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

slow cooker meals and jar sauces

Discussion in 'SW Winter Warmer Recipes' started by 1eturner, 17 October 2011 Social URL.

1. 1eturner

1eturner Full Member

Hi all, i know that all jar sauces and packet mixes have to be counted but sometimes when i do a late shift at work slow cooking with jar or packets are all i have time for!
    Has anyone tried this, how has it turned out, do you find it needs thickening and what does everyone use, sometimes for curries i just use curry paste but it turns out very watery, can anyone help?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kristina88

Kristina88 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World

I try not to use jars anymore as I dont think they are worth the sins but I dont work long shifts so have time to cook. If I am working late though the night before I measure out what hebs/spices i need and leave on a plate then it is as easy as chucking it in with a can of toms or passata or stock.

I think you are supposed to use like 1/4 to a 1/2 of the liquid when using a slow cooker.

For a jar im not quite sure what you could do. I have just picked up quite a useful tip which is to add a little instant mash to thicken stuff up and it works and you can't really tell. Just done it with chicken stew we had for tea.

K x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.