1/4 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp peppercorns
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 cinnamon stick
2 dried bird's-eye chillies, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely sliced plus a little to garnish
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
14g plain chocolate grated
2lb beef cubed (i used stewing steak as i slow cooked)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 pt beef stock
400g chopped tomatoes canned
1/2 lime, finely sliced to garnish

I just chuck everything in before I go to work & it's ready when I come home. Don't forget to remove cinnamon stick. I also grind the seeds & peppercorn in my pestle before chucking in.

Serve wi rice or potato wedges. Point accordingly

This is a very spicy recipe but it is also very tasty and well worth a try if you like things a little hot !!!

galaxy-girl said:
I've never tried this but someone once told me they put porridge in their slow cooker on an eve before going to bed & then it's ready when they get up in morning x

U found it then lol! X

Serves 4. 7pp each
1 tsp ground all spice
2 cloves
1/4 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp peppercorns
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 cinnamon stick
2 dried bird's-eye chillies, finely chopped
1 red chilli, finely sliced plus a little to garnish
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
14g plain chocolate grated
2lb beef cubed (i used stewing steak as i slow cooked)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 pt beef stock
400g chopped tomatoes canned
1/2 lime, finely sliced to garnish

I just chuck everything in before I go to work & it's ready when I come home. Don't forget to remove cinnamon stick. I also grind the seeds & peppercorn in my pestle before chucking in.

Serve wi rice or potato wedges. Point accordingly

This is a very spicy recipe but it is also very tasty and well worth a try if you like things a little hot !!!

This sounds delish .... chocolate in it too ? ohhhh yesss !! xxx

The veggie soup I posted earlier is a winner ... Ive made my second batch ..having it for dinner today xxxc

I love my slow cooker, I use it all the time for stews and soups, spag bol, chilli's, spare ribs, casseroles etc. I love it!

I have a massive 6 people one so I make a big batch and then freeze in portions, I use it much more in winter though than summer.

I'm definitely going to be trying some of these recipes, what a great thread!

I'll add some when I get home, I'm at work at the moment! To be honest sometimes i'm a bit random with it sometimes, chuck all sorts in it whatever's in the cupboard/fridge, bit of meat, some veg, some sauce (tinned toms are a great no point base for a sauce) That's the beauty of it though!

I also have done rice pudding in it, filling for pies and strudles (apple, cherry etc - no very diet i know!)

I saw someone post about doing jacket potato's in it but i've never tried that personally, has anyone else? Rolling up balls of tinfoil to line the cooker bottom and then placing the potato's on top and leaving all day for oven cooked potato's

Anyway, i'm blabbing, i'll get some recipe's together and post later on.

x_Champagne_Supernova_x said:
My boyfriend just said "why not just use a normal cooker?", when i mentioned buying one... Anyone have a good answer!?

Because u come gone a long days work to a healthy home cooked meal ready to serve. And it tastes so much better as all the flavours develop more while cooking slowly.

Ppl... U HAVE to try the chilli con carne!!! OMFG!!!!

Because u come gone a long days work to a healthy home cooked meal ready to serve. And it tastes so much better as all the flavours develop more while cooking slowly.

Ppl... U HAVE to try the chilli con carne!!! OMFG!!!!

I dont work but the thing about it tasting better could be a winner! Oooh gonna try the Chilli con carne as soon as i get mine!

x_Champagne_Supernova_x said:
I dont work but the thing about it tasting better could be a winner! Oooh gonna try the Chilli con carne as soon as i get mine!
Well just think of getting the dinner prep out if the way n havin the day to do that ya want n dinner bein cooked when ya get home :)
And it feels like someone's cooked for ya :)
MrsLmc said:
I don't work either, I'm a stay at home mum, its handy for the days were you are out and about and you are gonna be home late, means dinner will be ready in time without panick and take away calling lol
Laura u'v a far tougher job than I do. At least my job has a start n finish time..,

Nissi said:
Today DH wanted a fry up, so I said he can have one, and I would sort my own meal out.

I put lean mince, onion, carrot, fresh rosemary and sage, pinch salt and water into the sc. When done I drained water into s/pan, and put the meat etc in a dish. I boiled swede and one potato 50g, mashed them and put in oven to brown off for 20 mins while I made up gravy(using water from sc) and boiled a cauli. A tasty shepherds pie. The meat was so tender and dinner was on the table in under 30mins. I worked the points out at 6. It was yum and filling. DH has asked me to cook it again, as he tried a bit and wished he hadn't eaten his fry up! :)

Sounds yum

.. I have a chicken stew in the slow cooker right now .......... :D:D

I went to a party over Christmas as well where the host had mulled wine in her slow cooker! Great idea as it stayed warm all night.

Back