Slow loss - LLL - sad times

MissTunks

Hi,
Just wanted some advice from those of you are LL experts!

I have been on LLL for 4 weeks now and have lost a total of 7 pounds - I have gone up an dthen gone down again -maybe due to fluid retention.

I have pcos, which has some effect to a degree, I have had a few small blips - but nothing that should have stopped a loss.

My water intake has not be that good - how much water should I be drinking daily? will this help.

Some words of wisdom on how to get the weight moving cos its so disheartening and not sure what I am doing wrong and is there something wrong with me when this is working well for everyone else.

:cry:any help and support would be really welcome.

Hi Miss T,
You haven't posted your height or weight so it can depend on how much you have to lose.
Give yourself a couple of weeks of following it absolutely 100% and see how you go. I never thought it would work but it is and just under 2lbs per week is still good loss.
Try 2 weeks...Make sure to have no blips, not one mint not even milk in tea, and drink the minimum of 3 litres of water a day, and eat the 4 packs. Blips can send you out of ketosis and ketosis is when you are burning fat, blips slow the weightloss.
I think I have read other diaries where ladies with pcos have lost weight, maybe try a search.

Drinking water makes a huge difference to your weight loss - water is needed in the process which converts your fat. I always drink 4 litres a day - but make sure you spread it throughout the day as it is dangerous to drink lots of water in a short time.

Also, make sure you are not doing anything which could take you out of ketosis - such as eating chewing gum, drinking diet drinks, drinking flower teas (such as camomile).

As you are doing LL lite it is easy to go overboard on some foods. Weigh all of your protein and make sure you only eat the allowable foods. When you are on LLL it is common to lose just 2 pounds a week and some of us just lose weight more slowly.

No more cheating, 3-4 litres of water a day, weigh your foods and i am sure it will settle down to a nice comfortable loss.

Sorry I hadn't read closely, missed that its LLL. Absolutely 2lbs per week is a good loss on LLL. It is really important to weigh your protein and my LLC said small cereal bowl of veg/salad. I found that if I stuck to that I had loss of up to 2lbs but if I had more veg I lost less or STS.
Just remember there are lots of people on Total and they only lose 1 or 2lbs per week so you are doing well. Stick with it and stick to plan and you will get consistent loss that really adds up over the weeks. You will be great.

Im also on lighterlife lite, im on my second week day 10. I have stuck to the diet 100% and lost 8lbs in the first 5 days. I started last tuesday but my actualy meeting wasnt until last sunday. But i was really pleased with that. Since then though i appear to have lost another 3 lbs so by sunday im hoping it will be 4. Im happy with that to, nearly a stone in just 1 week 5 days ! But im guessing it will fall to a steady loss of around 3 lbs a week there after. I weigh out everything, and found a meal that i really enjoy, i get a chicken breast, score it halfway through and stuff it with 75g of garlic n herb philly light, wrap it in foil and bake it for around 20 mins, i have that with 80g broccoli, and then get 80g each of carrot n swede to make a mash and even put some low fat spread from our allowance in it with salt n pepper, its sooooo good lol that i had to share x

I do that chicken thing too, but wrapped in bacon with no fat and sprayed with fry light to crisp it up a bit

Don't mean to sound a meany, but I'm on abstinence & find your talking about food difficult to deal with when I'm trying to avoid, if your posting any more food talk can you do it in the LLL section especially there for that reason, thanks x

It's cool, it was just making me want a bacon sarny this morning ready about your crispy bacon lol easier when on total abstinence not to hear others talking about nice munchies xx

sorry love, its just that the lighterlife lite forum is sooooo dead, and this one is quite busy. So us LLL peeps are sometimes forced to come on here, surely your surrounded by food in everyday life ? see pictures everywhere, go past restaurants etc. And it aint as if were talking about really delicious naughty food. Us lighterlife dieters should stick together whatever version were doing. x

Total agree with you that tempting food is all around us in our daily lives, but even in the abstinence class we're not allowed to discuss food as it can make others start to fantasise about that particular food & then go & get it. LL forum (& groups) is a place for support & a place we can turn in moments when we feel weak, so to then see food chat can be as destructive as walking round a supermarket when hungry. Just my opinion though but agree your lll forum is a bit quiet. Oh & what you were describing did sound very yummy ;) x

It is yummy, but not us yummy as being slim and healthy feels lol ! I actually work as an admin assistant for a lighterlife counsellor so understand, its just that I come on here for help and support to, and sometimes cant get that from the lite forum x

Back