Slow losses-is it just me?......

samsmum1

Silver Member
I,ve joined SW and WW many times each over the years and the reasons for giving up have been different for each diet.With SW my losses are always painfully slow( half a pound a week)whilst with WW although losses seem a lot more,I am always hungry after the carbs have left my body(usually after the first week or so!),so after 2-3 weeks of being starving end up falling off the wagon!Has anybody else found this,and are you prepared to trade a good weightloss for the more sustainable one?
Sal :confused:

not sure what you mean by 'after the carbs have left my body'?

there is absolutely no reason why you should be hungry on SW, you can have as much as you need to satisfy your hunger, maybe you're cutting down too much and making it into a 'diet' rather than the healthy eating plan it is

good luck xx

I know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but I only ever lose well when I exercise too. Especially when I've been dieting for a while - my body goes into survival mode I think so the exercise kicks everything back into gear. I just do half an hour every morning on the exercise bike (whilst my baby naps) and that sort of keeps me going on plan for the day because I don't want to waste the hard work (I -hate- exercise, wish I loved it but I don't!).

Liz
xx

not sure what you mean by 'after the carbs have left my body'?

there is absolutely no reason why you should be hungry on SW, you can have as much as you need to satisfy your hunger, maybe you're cutting down too much and making it into a 'diet' rather than the healthy eating plan it is
Sorry-i meant that on WW carbs are really high in propoints so by its very nature limits the carbs you can squeeze out of your propoints allowance! I was on the lowest number of propoints allowed,it worked fine for my friend cos she,s nearly 18 stone and on 45 propoints a day (I was on 26!)

Post one days food diary here. Now.

I know it's not what anyone wants to hear, but I only ever lose well when I exercise too. Especially when I've been dieting for a while - my body goes into survival mode I think so the exercise kicks everything back into gear. I just do half an hour every morning on the exercise bike (whilst my baby naps) and that sort of keeps me going on plan for the day because I don't want to waste the hard work (I -hate- exercise, wish I loved it but I don't!).

Liz
xx

Thats been part of the problem recently.I love,love,love exercise but I,ve got my three year old at home through the day and I work at night! Before I had him I found the diet easier cos I was at work all day and ran 15 miles a week!He goes to nursery in Jan 4 mornings a week so i,ll be able to get my fat a$$ on the treadmill again!:woohoo:

Wow, obviously you're a better person than me - I so want to love exercising but I just can't seem to get into that mindset. I'm sort of hoping that as I lose weight then it might become more enjoyable. In any case, I have to do it otherwise I just balloon bigger and bigger!

Liz
xx

Post one days food diary here. Now.
Haven,t been to group for 4 weeks-its just too stressful with my 3 year old kicking off all the time so trust me you really dont want to see my food diary! Lol! In Jan he starts nursery so i,ll be camping overnight to make sure he gets in! Then its off to group and on the treadmill! Yay!Thanks though!

Wow, obviously you're a better person than me - I so want to love exercising but I just can't seem to get into that mindset. I'm sort of hoping that as I lose weight then it might become more enjoyable. In any case, I have to do it otherwise I just balloon bigger and bigger!

Liz
xx

PMSL!!

I,ve joined SW and WW many times each over the years and the reasons for giving up have been different for each diet.With SW my losses are always painfully slow( half a pound a week)whilst with WW although losses seem a lot more,I am always hungry after the carbs have left my body(usually after the first week or so!),so after 2-3 weeks of being starving end up falling off the wagon!Has anybody else found this,and are you prepared to trade a good weightloss for the more sustainable one?
Sal :confused:

i know what u are saying iv been doing sw for 3 weeks and lost 6.5lb lost 1lb past 2 weeks and on ww i lost so much more.. i just dont understand how u an have unlimited spuds pasta and rice and still loose weight

Back