slow month...

ColJack

Gold Member
I don't think I've lost much again this week..
in fact since I've been off work I think I've only lost about 5 lbs... ( where as the first 2 weeks of december I lost 1st 1.. )
I definitely think it's the lack of structure that's messing with my journey so now I'll be back at work I hope it will sort out my head...

I get up late, miss dinner most days since I didn't have breakfast until lunch time, and some nights I'm not really hungry at all so I just have some fruit instead of the roast dinner I had planned..

It is inevitable that it will slow down anyway i'm afraid :( Like you say though it could be down to your messed up routine and it sounds like your not eating properly sometimes which we all know can actually reduce your losses.

Are you still eating that roast dinner every night? :eek: Arn't you sick of it?

Stay optimistic anyway your doing great :)

You're not still eating that same dinner every night are you? :( Although it may be good for losses your body won't be able to get the mixture of nutrients it needs if you don't vary your food a bit.

taters, chicken, veg, lots of fruit, citrus included.. what more does my body need?

it's better than the stuff I used to eat.. bread, cheese, fatty stuff...

don't be too hard on yourself. you've still managed to lose. we have just got christmas and new year out of the way and sometimes it takes us a little while to adjust back into our SW ways and go at it 100% again.

i know your routine has been messed up through not working, but perhaps sitting down and coming up with new dinner ideas may get you back into the plan. i like making SW versions of foods i love, especially making junk foods SW friendly.

how about homemade burgers with SW potato wedges and a huge salad? i'd rather eat that than fruit any day. ;)

also on weekends i tend to sleep til 10 or 11am so start the day with brunch, have a mid afternoon snack then still have dinner later on.

Yep, it slows down alright, and the trick is to keep going until things pick up again.

I thought last January that I would be finished my journey by the end of the year, but I lost focus around October time, stopped being careful, stopped going to SW class, stopped exercising, and bang, here I am another 12lbs heavier, and still about 3st to lose to get to my target.

So, now I'm starting another New Year back on the plan :D

Oh the joy! :rolleyes:

your body will get used to foods =- I know it sounds silly !

Our C had a challenge of just changing the HEB's we eat - for one week - everyone tried something new insead of what they normally eat

Like me - usually it's 2 bread & 2 weetabix (I do red)

And the C said she couldn't believe how much more weight was lost that one week in comparison to previous weeks- so she recommends that we all mix up the mix with food and heb's.

try it - you've got nothing to lose - sorry, scratch that - you have it all to lose.

AND good luck too.

I would mix up your meals a bit, our bodies are designed to seek out variety to increase the different nutrients we consume. Different fruit and veg all have different vitamins, so shaking up what's on your plate a bit might give your body a bit of a shake up.

Routine is important. Since I finished work just before christmas i've really struggled to get into a routine. Like you i was getting up late, then just having a breakfast/lunch, and a dinner. I think i've cracked it now though, getting up at 9, taking my breakfast back to bed, then going for a walk to the shop before lunch at 2 ish.

I'm back at work tomorrow so hopefully the routine of it will get me back on track and the little bit extra cash will fill the fridge and fruit bowl back up ( it's been a little sparse of late, fresh fruit and veg is expensive...!!! ) :)

I completely agree with variety in food to help loose weight. Different foods get the metabolism fired up, I've tried to ring the changes a bit this week to help my loss at WI tonight, fingers crossed it works!!

Markets about an hour before they pack up- best place to pick up fruit and veg for next to nothing as they just want to get rid of it!

hiyer, well done on your losses up to now,you're system does slow down, and like everyone's said, its good to do variety, even something simple like a chicken stir-fry. Hope you're 1st day back at work goes okay;)

Also, you might not realise it but I know noticed after I started working again, being at home your prob not doing anywhere near as much walking around/walking to and from kettle/to and from loo/up down several floors... you get the idea! I wasnt working june-oct and I would do odd bit of cleaning but not a lot of walking around.

Hope everything goes well at work!! Im back in a routeen now and it really really does help. And aldi is great for fruit :) xx

I'm not a good cook and don't really enjoy it..
roast dinner is simple and appart from about 10 mins of prep time, is a "bang it in the oven / steamer and forget it" kind of meal.. I just set the timer and go get it when I hear a ping...

anything that involves standing at a stove over a hot pan for 30 mins at a time doesn't thrill me...
I've got a slow cooker so I might get the "one pot" book from group and see if there's anything I can do that's easy..

Roasted veg (peppers, onions, squash, cherry toms, courgette) on a baking tray, with a piece of meat, whack it in the oven, forget about it till it's ready.

Or if you can handle a wok for 4 minutes, throw the meat in, stir, throw the veg and spices in, stir, done- stupidly quick.

Casserole, throw it all in a pot, come back in 2 hours to a delicious dinner.

There are loads of options for lazy cooking meals!

Got the one pot book last week, a lot of it is "one pot" but plenty of stirring. Trying the veg biriyani in the slow cooker, will see how that goes later! :)

Back