Slow weight loss

gemster

Hi everyone - new to slimmingworld and new to minimins. I do love SW - extra easy is great, but compared to WeightWatchers and other diets - my weight seems to be coming off very slowly. Only 3lb in two weeks (and Im not using up my syns). Am doing online rather than class, and keeping a food diary - just wondering if I'm doing anything wrong!

Gem

keep going.i have only lost one pound a week each week,but it all adds up and i have lost two inches off my waist and my skin has improved greatly so there are other benefits apart from the weight loss,also i think Ive made lasting changes to the way i cook,what i buy and the portions of what i eat. so all still positive really

Hi hun! Welcome!

I noticed you said you are not using up any syns. This may sound mad but it may actually help to have some! The reason is if you dramatically decrease your intake, your body can go into famine mode holding on to body fat so have a little bit more will tell your body there is more food. Try having say a couple of syns a day (try some low fat sunflower spread on toast for example) and fill up on more free foods. Also look at your portions and drink water. I found after a week I didn't lose any weight, by drinking an extra pint of water a day, I dropped 4lbs! Good luck!

You need to try and use your syns. And you could start a food diary thread in the SW section and post your food diaries and everyone will try to help

Irene xx

I have heard that it is important to use your syns, and the only bit of advice I can give you is keep going, every lb counts, and good luck

Also the thing is not all fat is bad and if you aren't using syns, you can't be getting much Essential fatty acids which are EXTREMELY important! Look for low fat sunflower and olive oil spreads for example!

If you read the literature, they do recommend a minimum of 5 syns a day. Somedays you won't need that many but there is no need to skip them totally! They are very useful in helping you learn healthy choices, allowing you to have things you love so you are less likely to go off the wagon, and allow you some variety! I have been on the plan for just over a month and even with a flexable day where I had 50 syns in one day, I am still not far off losing a stone already! Have a truffle! (3 and a half syns) and enjoy your journey!

Last edited:
Back